How to keep your padding in place?

Petya217

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi All,

I am doomed to wear 24/7 (for the time being at least) and I have a question regarding keeping my diaper in place. I am wearing Tena Slip Plus/Super. They are comfortable and quite absorbent. However, I fear they might move around, especially when not dry anymore and result in leaking.
For this, I am wearing a base layer under my trousers (the one you use for winter sports), but as spring is about to arrive, I guess this will be too hot. Is there any recommendations to use over my diaper that keeps it in a close fitting and prevents from moving around and away from my skin?

That’s an easy one, weer a onesie. I get mine from www.adjustforyou.nl . They’re excellent quality and made specifically for people with incontinence. The lady running this company is a former nurse.

saoradh said:
That’s an easy one, weer a onesie. I get mine from www.adjustforyou.nl . They’re excellent quality and made specifically for people with incontinence. The lady running this company is a former nurse.
I was thinking of that, bit my workplace requires me to wear a shirt. Now a onesie under the shirt would be just as hot as the base layer under my trousers, I guess... ☹️

If i were you, i’d wear the onsie, the quality is excellent so when it’s hot i don’t wear anything over it and it’s like a normal T-shirt . Otherwise she has boxers designed to be used when wearing a diaper.

Reactions: Petya217
I normally just wear regular underwear over my diaper and wear a Gary Active Wear diaper cover over everything. The underwear keeps the diaper from sagging when wet and the diaper cover keeps leaks from getting to your outer clothes. This combo seems to work very well for me.

I don't have this type of problem but I think you don't put the pproducts correctly

Petya217 said:
Hi All,

I am doomed to wear 24/7 (for the time being at least) and I have a question regarding keeping my diaper in place. I am wearing Tena Slip Plus/Super. They are comfortable and quite absorbent. However, I fear they might move around, especially when not dry anymore and result in leaking.
For this, I am wearing a base layer under my trousers (the one you use for winter sports), but as spring is about to arrive, I guess this will be too hot. Is there any recommendations to use over my diaper that keeps it in a close fitting and prevents from moving around and away from my skin?

How many hours do you use it ?

trysexiea said:
I don't have this type of problem but I think you don't put the pproducts correctly
That can happen, given I'm pretty new to this 24/7 briefs needed part. I have no much experience with adult diapers, let alone changing in the toilet of my workplace. Hope I will get better with it soon 😊

trysexiea said:
How many hours do you use it ?
Like 3-4, depending on how much I wet.

I wear normally tight rubber slips, they keep my diapers tight at my body. Or I have some strong and stretchy women's trousers

Reactions: RubberJin
Doesn’t the rubber make you sweat like creazy?

saoradh said:
Doesn’t the rubber make you sweat like creazy?
as I wear cloth diapers I don't feel the difference of pee or sweat. But in summer I have some elastic tights, normally women wear ;-)

I wear normal tight fitting briefs over it. I think it doesn't make sense to put something "extra" absorbent over it - except if you like it of cause. Basically it's simple: If you experience leaks or have skin problems you have to change more frequently, use a different diaper or think over alternatives to diapers.

I wear boxer briefs over my diaper keeps it in place. I wear Tena Ultra diapers I just wish they had an elastic waist

if it starts moving on its own time to lock the closet, j/k but seriously sometimes that's just a matter of wearing something over it or occasionally checking fasteners, if you wear a pull on the only real way to keep that up is to keep a cover over it.

Last edited:
Bobsled said:
Someone did tests that suggest briefs and other things intended to avoid sagging actually contribute to earlier leaks. Click on link below for the YouTube video.

“Can underwear help diapers perform better?”

YMMV
actually I'm pretty sure that was me, saw that video on youtube a bit ago, personally I just wear briefs

InkoBubi said:
I wear normally tight rubber slips, they keep my diapers tight at my body. Or I have some strong and stretchy women's trousers
Another vote here for rubber pants - I'm really liking the Kinkydiapers ones, very well made and you can get them chlorinated which means super silky and low maintenance.

Petya217 said:
Is there any recommendations to use over my diaper that keeps it in a close fitting and prevents from moving around and away from my skin?

For just that same reason as you, I usually wear a pair of AbriFlex fitting pants over my diaper to keep it from sagging. The fitting pants could be compared to athletic compression shorts, I guess. They keep everything tight to my body, muffle any crinkling noise and they breathe so I'm not sweating my butt off.

Thank you all for the advices and your experiences. This will help me a lot. You are wonderful people

Back