How to disguise an adult sized cot as something innocuous?

I have had a similar issue. I've covered the changing table and crib with sheets and blankets and was prepared to tell everyone it was simply storage boxes. Naturally, I took down everything I could. I was worried because of the wall border, but it simply wasn't an issue and no one said anything.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Belarin, denimchicken and Prillprillprill
MeDisneyBaby said:
I have had a similar issue. I've covered the changing table and crib with sheets and blankets and was prepared to tell everyone it was simply storage boxes. Naturally, I took down everything I could. I was worried because of the wall border, but it simply wasn't an issue and no one said anything.

Love your nursery!

• Love
Reactions: MeDisneyBaby
Wow! These nurseries look amazing! I wonder how many people in this forum also have nurseries 🤔

I think the scenario that prillprillprill, and medisneybaby both describe are what prevents me from building such a nursery.
The basement in my house is unfinished, maybe I can put in a hidden nursery 🤔

Reactions: Prillprillprill
MeDisneyBaby said:
Dang that's a nice setup considering the space available, little bit cramped but good. personally I would be using that space under the cot as a little "den" lol I could see a little me hanging a sheet over the sides and playing under there.

Belarin said:
Dang that's a nice setup considering the space available, little bit cramped but good. personally I would be using that space under the cot as a little "den" lol I could see a little me hanging a sheet over the sides and playing under there.

I know what you mean about the space under the crib. 😉

The pic doesn't really do the room justice; the room may be smaller, but it isn't as cramped as it appears to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belarin
Prillprillprill said:
So my mum lives quite far away, but has said multiple times she plans on coming to visit be for an extended period of time next year after she retires. She will not be staying with me but somewhere else nearby.

So my problem is, I need to hide any evidence of my baby side. No easy task as I have a fully stocked nursery for myself. There's plenty of storage in the loft so I can hind most things up there, but the thing I cannot hide is my cot / crib. It is an adult single sized cot with 90cm high bars and a door painted pink and white that is pretty unmistakably babyish.

she will definitely ask for a house tour so way to suspicious to say don't go in that room (especially as I didn't show her via video call with the excuse it was messy.)

I could take it apart, but not easily and would be difficult to put back together. Any suggestions? I've been really stressing about this as the idea of her finding out about my lifestyle fills me with dread.
Prillprillprill, you just need to get some storage boxs and pack everything in your nursery room into them, and i do meen everything in your nursery room!!, then strip the mattress and stand it up at the back of your crib, and put the storage boxs in the crib in front of the mattress, then cover it all with a sheet, then when your mother asks what it is just tell her that its something that a friend bought to convert to a dog house for a friend of theres, and thay asked you if thay could store it here until thay got back from there holiday, and won't be back for ............. Add 1 week after your mother go's home, then put the diaper storage shelfs somewhere else in the house, and put stuff in it that you won't use much while your mother is there. I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Back