How tight do you like plastic pants leg elastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeNobody

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How tight do you want the elastic leg opening? Should the elastic be stretched and tight or just barely putting pressure on your skin.With size charts do you round up?

I'm a bedwetter and I keep leaking through the leg holes of my diaper on to my gf. I told her I would get terry lined plastic pants to catch any leaks and I'm trying to understand how they should fit.

I'm often times in between sizes. I ordered both medium and large to see what fits best but I need see understanding on what to look for in a good fitting pant.

Reactions: Edgewater, Angelapinks and Wetshisbed
I wear two pairs of waterproof pants and they keep leaks down to a minimum. I am a heavy wetter

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Edgewater and Angelapinks
Wetshisbed said:
I wear two pairs of waterproof pants and they keep leaks down to a minimum. I am a heavy wetter
How tight do you like them around the leg elastics?

Reactions: Edgewater
Plastic pants aren’t meant to contain free liquid, they’re used to isolate wet absorbent material from surrounding bedding, furniture, clothing, and other dry materials your wet diaper may come into contact with. When I add additional padding for nighttime my plastic pants often have a gap between my legs and the elastic in places but they still do their job as long as I’m wearing adequate absorbent material under them. My mom asked me at about age 7 what I thought we should do about my nightly bed wetting. Having an affinity for plastic pants, especially against my bare tushie at that age, I suggested them. She said that she didn’t think they would help without cloth diapers to absorb the urine. Now that I’m dual ic I’ve come to understand how right she was. If you’re experiencing leaks you need to add more absorbency.

Reactions: 247, Edgewater and Cottontail
I would not get terry lined, as terry takes so long to dry, and the plastic prevents you from throwing them in a dryer if needed. Plus, the terry will last for years; the plastic pants not so much. Next time get a separate pull-on terry over pant and then plastic or PUL pants to go on top.

Zeke said:
Plastic pants aren’t meant to contain free liquid, they’re used to isolate wet absorbent material
Nailed it! And as a result, the legs should be comfortably snug; not too tight and not too loose. As many here state, you should be able to fit two fingers inside the leg elastics when wearing them. So, measure around the top of the thigh (in the crease), while including two fingers. Hopefully you can then find pants where your thigh measurement falls in the middle of the middle of a given size.

Reactions: Edgewater, jdinvirginia, Angelapinks and 1 other person
It has been recommended that medium size wearers should wear a large plastic pant/cover (i.e. plastic pants should be one size larger).

If you do wear a medium cover (over medium) as I usually do, then make sure that you also pull the waste line of the plastic pant up higher than your diaper before you drift off to sleep. Otherwise males will likely leak around the top waste band by morning. A cloth backed diaper can poke above the pp waist band and leak out if you don't check.

Zeke said:
Plastic pants aren’t meant to contain free liquid, they’re used to isolate wet absorbent material from surrounding bedding, furniture, clothing, and other dry materials your wet diaper may come into contact with.
Yeah, I don't think about tightness at all. Sounds painful! If you're expecting your plastic pants to function like a wearable fish bowl, it's probably time to consider a better diaper instead. Glowing red lines around your tummy and thighs are a sign that you screwed up on the sizing.

...Unless you're a member of Opus Dei and you're trying to punish yourself Da Vinci Code-style. Then by all means, go for it. :)

Reactions: Edgewater, Eclectic and Zeke
I had the same problem with my PVC diaper pants, with the elastic bands, when I was only allowed to use cloth diapers. The diapers were no longer reliably covered by the PVC diaper pants.
I then saw a photo of PVC pants that were created with adjustable elastic at the leg ends.
I did the same thing, here is a guide on how to do it yourself:

On the outside of the trousers I sewed a normal, small shirt button into the inner elastic band. Then I cut a small hole in the PVC film right next to the button, pulled out the elastic, and cut it off right next to the sewn-in button. I reinforced the hole by the foil with a small piece of PVC foil taped over the hole, but the hole has to stay open! Then I cut !carefully! small elongated holes in the elastic one inch apart, so big that the elastic can be buttoned on the shirt button. This allows the elastic band to be perfectly adjusted to the personal leg circumference.

Later I had PVC diaper pants with press studs, diaper pockets and adjustable leg elastics made by a private supplier. Now I have perfect protection day and night because the cloth diapers always remain securely in the PVC pants.

I use two different types of pants. During the day I wear trousers that are narrower at the crotch, and at night I wear trousers that are wider at the crotch, so thicker diapers fit better.

Greetings Windelboy4

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Edgewater
Great advice provided above!

As stated, upgrade you diaper either by its capacity or adding a booster. The diaper has to have the capacity and designed to have some control of the flow to direct it back into the padding (target zone) and the ability to capture the volume in total. Its side guards and outer elastic are for reflecting normal to light flow.

Plastic pants are an additional layer of protection to retain what has leaked out of the diaper.

How tight is a great question and also has been well addressed above. Overly tight and the liquid will linger and soak the elastic and leak out.

I have been trying a diaper cover supplied by NorthShore and have been very happy with their abilities. They are using a much wider cover elastic band and a different material that has 'some' wicking abilities on the inside but still have a semi-plastic coat to allow you to slide with little shifting of the pant and the outer cloths or bedding. They also seem to have three times the life of plastic pants. Currently at 70+ days of trial and very happy - no leaks.

It always starts with the diaper having the capacity.

Wishing you leak-free nights!

Plastic pants are great but not during the winter time. Rubber diaper covers are awesome for winter time. Daddy buys them from
www.babykins.com

• Love
Reactions: BabyLouise, Angelapinks and Edgewater
The elastics of plastic panties or rompers are part of their appeal whether you actually need them for dealing with incontinence or not. For me the feel of the waist elastic on a full-cut Gary or InControl panty definitely adds to the overall pleasure of wearing it, giving me a secure comfort vibe especially when I'm wearing it all day, while the elastics on a bikini-cut panty give a bit of a racy feeling and seem to hold the plastic a bit tighter on me.

Since I wear my plastic panties next to my skin for pleasure, I like a fairly snug fit. My thighs are larger than usual, so a snug fit often means that the leg elastics are tighter than I'd really prefer...but so far, not enough that I've gone to the trouble of getting custom-fit pants. I have noticed that InControl elastics seem to be a bit easier on my skin than Gary elastics.

LittleCamo said:
Plastic pants are great but not during the winter time. Rubber diaper covers are awesome for winter time. Daddy buys them from
www.babykins.com
Babykins rubber pants are my go to for overnight but I also have their shorter rubber pants with the rubber covering the elastic and I use these for daytime wear with a pull on style diaper to help if I flood and leak. I also have some plastic pants from Suprima in Germany that have adjustable elastic at the legs and a band across the waist with popper studs on the sides for easy changing without dropping the plastic. I can lower my tights and pop off the plastic pants at the front while the elastic waistband holds them in place so I can tear off the inner wet pull up ( I wear one over another) and just flip up the plastic pants between my legs and snap them shut.

Reactions: Edgewater, leafgoalie and vp39
I love the feeling of tight elastic on my plastic pants. Feels safe and comforting when I am wearing all day and I love seeing the marks when I change.

Reactions: Edgewater, leafgoalie, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I like my plastic pants to be very snug--and that always leaves a bit of a mark, but I don't find them to be uncomfortable or causing me any problems.

Reactions: Edgewater, Angelapinks and vp39
If it hurts it’s too tight. I’d focus more on where the elastics are sitting. I find that I’m less likely to have a leak when the leg elastics are as far up my thigh as possible without actually exposing any of the diaper. I also go for a higher waist at night time. I agree with what others are saying about making sure your diaper is absorbent enough, though.

Reactions: Edgewater and Angelapinks
SomeNobody said:
How tight do you want the elastic leg opening? Should the elastic be stretched and tight or just barely putting pressure on your skin.With size charts do you round up?

I'm a bedwetter and I keep leaking through the leg holes of my diaper on to my gf. I told her I would get terry lined plastic pants to catch any leaks and I'm trying to understand how they should fit.

I'm often times in between sizes. I ordered both medium and large to see what fits best but I need see understanding on what to look for in a good fitting pant.
Some places will custom make plastic pants for you if you give them your measurements. I think Babykins will do that ... check with them.

Reactions: Angelapinks and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back