How secret is your AB/DL side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closest I am to being open about being an AB is the fact that I'm open about my plushie collection. My friends and family know about it, and anyone who visits my dorm room would know from the army of Yoshies on my desk and the cuddly Pikachu in my bed. Other than that, I keep my diapers and other things well hidden, and I only use them when I'm absolutely sure that I have privacy.

What does your AB pride pin look like?

I'm secretive about my AB/DL side for the most part, however I leave somewhat of a trail so if someone really digs for it, they'll probably find it.

I've only ever told 2 people about being a DL, and one person found out on their own (complicated story, but he is also AB/DL).

Its just not something I like having entirely out in the open because it might backfire and it's not something everyone needs to know anyway.

I've settled into private to slightly open. Many of my old friends know but have probably forgotten by now. Most of my newer friends I've met through littles munches or the BDSM community. My folks are aware and have no real opinion (not that it matters if they do). When I was still living with them I had a pile of baby stuff in the closet, on racks and shelves, or in totes in my room. Sometimes sprinkle a onesie or sleeper on the floor. Wasn't uncommon to bump into Dad at the fridge in the middle of the night while crinkling up a storm under my PJ bottoms - or sometimes just a shirt.

I don't volunteer the info to vanilla people I meet and hang out with. I don't date, so that hasn't come up yet. I doubt I'll date outside of kink either. It is what it is, I won't be pulling people into participating or flaunt it. I'm not going to put unusual effort into hiding things. If somebody is going to be very involved with me they're going to know sooner or later and that's fine with me. The people that need or want to know will find out on their own.

Edit to add: My pride pin looks like this! Got it from Mako Allen a few years ago.
IMG_1010.jpg

I guess in a way I have come out of the closet as a little more or less. I have now gone to 2 "littles" munches and finally in my life, publicly worn diapers at a closed adult event. The littles group here is trying to start some something but were unable to justify renting a venue. A local COPE (Come Out and Play Everyone) group for the BSDM crowd had a meet monthly and was kind enough to allow the group to share the space.

As the question was ask, how secret? Not as secret as it once was. I have not shared with family or vanilla friends. The people in the littles group know and they have seen.

ArchieRoni said:
This reflects my view of it. I make an effort to keep things put away and in closed spaces, but my chest of drawers doesn't lock, so if guests decided to snoop, they could find things. I'm also not at all secretive about my plushies or my love of animation and children's movies.

Well, this is me as well. I've only told my SO from college and my wife. I don't have any reason to tell others. I'm well known where I live, especially as a church musician, so my profession makes me very cautious. At the same time, my plushies live on my bed, but if we have company that's staying over, they disappear into the closet.

Trying to be open but I have been so secretive so long it's scary

Mostly secret. I'm very open about my 'domme' interests, but not the ABDL part specifically. My cousins all know I 'wear the trousers' in relationships and will openly joke about it, so I don't think they would really care if I mentioned the ABDL stuff. I'm not sure if my parents know or not. I dated an ABDL guy when I was younger and still living at home and I'm fairly certain my mother saw his stash of diapers (we call them 'nappies' over here) on my bed when he stayed over one weekend. I also kept teddies around for him. She has never said anything though and has probably forgotten about it.

Oh, and once on steam I was chatting to a guy about DL stuff whilst gaming and my sister overheard some of it. But she didn't comment and just laughed, so I think she assumed I was messing about.

I don't feel any real need to tell my family, so it isn't an issue for me. I share a house with other people right now, but my room has a lock so unless they literally break down the door and raid my cupboards (unlikely) all my DL things will remain private.

It's mostly secret as the only person who knows about it is my mum. She only found out about it due to a bunch of accidental events, but she hasn't brought it up that much recently. I think it's because, while she has admitted to wanting me to getting out of that lifestyle, she'd prefer to not ask questions about it or talk about it in general.

For me, no one besides you guys know. Because my position in my family is pretty much on the line due to my parents' rejection of anything not normal, I am stuck with my lips sealed. It really gets a bit dysthymic at times. My mom will act loving, sweet, and caring one day, the next she doesn't want to hear it. It feels like a Stockholm syndrome case. So I guess until I can actually afford some form of living space outside my home, I can never really indulge in my true self. Course, seeing as how the job market is starting to go in my major, I'll probably be unable to do so until I'm 30. I just really wish life could be easier, if not simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back