How old you were when you had diaper assistance?

I wore cloth diapers until I was in my mid-20s. Diapering wasn't just pulling on a pullup or taping on a disposable. I have vague memories of being diapered by my mother, my grandmother and a babysitter, but I don't know how old I was.

I distinctly remember taking off a wet diaper in the morning when I was 5 -- I know the age, because my sister teased me about wetting the bed and wearing a diaper. That was the first time I had any idea that wetting the bed wasn't normal. Somebody was probably still diapering me; with a couple of younger bedwetters, it may have been my sister. I was being encouraged to diaper myself

I remember the first time I tried diapering myself, although I don't remember how old I was. I was very proud of myself, but I did such a bad job that my sister had to re-do it. After that, I diapered myself with her supervision.

We had a babysitter who continued to diaper me until I was at least 8 or 9. It apparently never occurred to my parents to tell her that I could diaper myself, and she was a creature of habit and didn't believe me that I could diaper myself. She continued to check my diapering even when I was a teenager.

I remember being pretty proficient at pinning my noontime change at age 7 after my mom had returned to working.. I was in second grade and the small country school staff was spread thin and it became a necessity to remaining in that school. I do recall the teacher checking the pinning and adjusting pretty often.

Reactions: Freddie07601
Wore diapers for bw till i was 7 and was pretty much always diapered by an adult. At home my younger bro was still in diapers and so mom just kept changing me alongside him. I remember times asking to do it myself (and maybe a handful of times i actually did it) but she would always just tell me that it was her job to do it - and if she was around she did it. She also did diaper checks in the morning when she came in to wake us up. I always wondered if i was the younger bro would it have been different?

I’ve lived in thick cloth diapers and plastic pants my whole life. Actually lost track of supplies over the years nd I actually took a count of pairs of plastic pants I have, as well as diapers. I have 45 adult prefold diapers and about 80+ baby prefold diapers I use inside my large prefold, usually 4 at night. I also have 38 pairs of plastic pants. Red, green, yellow, clear, frosty, light (baby) blue, etc. I had no idea I had so many of all of these. I guess I just needed to remind myself not to buy any more in the future, haha

Back