How often bedwetting determines decision to wear diapers regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
justneedhelp said:
I feel like I've finally gotten my bedwetting under control. At least a little better. It happens maybe once or twice a week on a bad week. Would that be enough for you to continue to wear diapers/ pull ups at night? I don't particularly like the cost or feeling of diapers and am just wondering how often it happens to others and whether or not you continu to wear during dry periods.
It really comes down to what you are more comfortable with. Changing sheets or a wet diaper in the morning. If pullups work for you at night you can wear them multiple nights if they stay dry and thus save costs. Cloth diapers(ofc in combo with a plastic pant) are also a very good option in this case. Much less laundry to wash than your whole bedding.
I would reccomend a matress protection regardless of bedwetting for everyone as it also protects the matress from sweat and protects both you and the matress from a build up of house dust mites which can cause allergies. The mites are always among us, part of the eco system. But that doesn't mean it is healthy to sleep in them and they DO like matresses. ;-)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvDiapers, PadPhilosopher, mirrored22 and 2 others
LifeInPlastic said:
It really comes down to what you are more comfortable with. Changing sheets or a wet diaper in the morning. If pullups work for you at night you can wear them multiple nights if they stay dry and thus save costs. Cloth diapers(ofc in combo with a plastic pant) are also a very good option in this case. Much less laundry to wash than your whole bedding.
I would reccomend a matress protection regardless of bedwetting for everyone as it also protects the matress from sweat and protects both you and the matress from a build up of house dust mites which can cause allergies. The mites are always among us, part of the eco system. But that doesn't mean it is healthy to sleep in them and they DO like matresses. ;-)

Cheers
They also help prevent bedbugs from getting in too, which is an extremely unpleasant and disgusting thing that can happen for no reason at all. Second that!

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
justneedhelp said:
Also to add, I do feel the diapers may be causing me to have more accidents. 😞
One option, sleep in the buff. If you're not wearing anything, there's nothing "huggy" around your privates to lull you or stimulate you into relaxing your sphincter. Sure, put a mattress protector on, and then a topper and a cotton sheet (you don't want to feel like you're lying on a piece of plastic, plus that would be horribly sweaty!). So, now you're naked on top of an ordinary bedsheet (and topper, so it feels like a mattress). If you have an accident, just the sheet and topper to go in the laundry, mattress protected. Worth a try if you want to stop bedwetting. I never do PJs anyway, gave them up years ago. So for me it is either buff or padded, but I never wet when buff. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Diprs2
Wetshisbed said:
When I was a kid and wetting every night our District Nurse insisted my Mother took me out of nappies. It made no difference with me.
I think there used to be a belief that diapers encouraged overage bedwetting and made it more difficult to stop. My father believed this and me and my brother who were bedwetters couldnt wear diapers past past the age of about 8 or maybe 9 in his case. So we ended up with soaked pjs and sheets instead. Our mom kept a rubber sheet on each of our beds though.

• Wow
Reactions: WBxx, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
I
mikesecret said:
I think there used to be a belief that diapers encouraged overage bedwetting and made it more difficult to stop. My father believed this and me and my brother who were bedwetters couldnt wear diapers past past the age of about 8 or maybe 9 in his case. So we ended up with soaked pjs and sheets instead. Our mom kept a rubber sheet on each of our beds though.
I couldn't imagine having to deal with constant wet bedding and waking up from it each night. I'm sorry that happened. I hope now you have some comfort if you are still having accidents

mikesecret said:
I had a thick noisy plastic sheet on my bed.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Diprs2
justneedhelp said:
I

I couldn't imagine having to deal with constant wet bedding and waking up from it each night. I'm sorry that happened. I hope now you have some comfort if you are still having accidents
You just get used to it after a while.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Deleted member 39574
ChrisChris said:
Maybe a mattress protector and some cloth diapers
I'll second that. It definitely helps decrease cost. Irregular bedwetter here too in that sometimes its twice a week, sometimes once a month. Reusable protection is a good way to supplement disposable protection. I never wore cloth diapers and plastic pants as a kid, so getting used them took a little while, but I end up feeling just as safe in them as disposables.

Reactions: Diprs2 and ChrisChris
Tommy10 said:
I'll second that. It definitely helps decrease cost. Irregular bedwetter here too in that sometimes its twice a week, sometimes once a month. Reusable protection is a good way to supplement disposable protection. I never wore cloth diapers and plastic pants as a kid, so getting used them took a little while, but I end up feeling just as safe in them as disposables.
true that!

chuck said:
Wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. Keep a record of how many nights you are wet. If it gets to the point of most of the nights waking up dry and that is more convenient for you, then consider not wearing diapers. Of course one wet night could ruin your whole trial.
I am DL and have few accidents. I also wear a cloth diaper and plastic pants most nights to protect against accidents when not in the DL mood.

Reactions: Diprs2, jbond007 and chuck
justneedhelp said:
I feel like I've finally gotten my bedwetting under control. At least a little better. It happens maybe once or twice a week on a bad week. Would that be enough for you to continue to wear diapers/ pull ups at night? I don't particularly like the cost or feeling of diapers and am just wondering how often it happens to others and whether or not you continu to wear during dry periods.
I started out just damping but it progressed to more accident's wife insists wear the diaper for protection.

Reactions: Diprs2 and ChrisChris
justneedhelp said:
This is a personal decision. Consider that if you only wet once a week it amounts to more than 50 times per year; twice a week doubles the yearly total.

Wet every night, so wear nappies every night. Dry bed and decency nights sleep!

It was a while ago now but when my bedwetting first started I think I started wearing nappies to bed every night after it was happening consistently two or more times per week.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Diprs2
I know its not fun every night, but diaper up. You get used to it over time. Reuse if you don't have a accident to keep costs down.
Hang in there.

Reactions: Lethdale, Diprs2 and chuck
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back