How many DLs do we pass on the streets every day?

DiaperLoverPL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's interesting for me. I thought about it a moment ago. There are probably about 16000-19000 students at my university, maybe someone is a diaper lover...

I'm just curious, how many people do we meet in shops, malls, restaurants, bars, on stadiums or at gas stations that are DL (or even ABDL) or at least have heard something about it.

• Thinking
Reactions: Canadianfalls, Jorelaxed, littledub1955 and 1 other person
I will say that you are likely coming in contact with or passing by even more individuals that are IC as we represent the largest number of individuals buy medical diapers and wear every day regardless of where we are going. Whether a small town or a large city, the local grocery and drug stores all have adult diapers.

Reactions: littledreamers333, DiaperDiva, sbmccue and 5 others
I'm guessing very few if not none at all, especially where I live. More likely to pass IC people I would think 🤔

Reactions: Edgewater, sbmccue and littledreamers333
infinitesimal amount
like others have said
passing an IC person is way way more likely
passing a DL / AB is virtually nill

Reactions: Canadianfalls, sbmccue, stuckin60s and 2 others
I've always thought there are more of us than we think. Some may not act on it but the desire might be there. When I was a kid, I had two friends who were into it as well as myself.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Deleted member 70469, AshtonFreecss and 4 others
dogboy said:
I've always thought there are more of us than we think. Some may not act on it but the desire might be there. When I was a kid, I had two friends who were into it as well as myself.
That is how I always thought of it. Always thought there were more than I would be thinking about. I'm willing to bet most of them do not indulge this fantasy like we do as adults.

Reactions: Edgewater
Old conventional wisdom was that ~1/1000 people had some aspect of ABDL, and some other (newer) data suggests that ABDL is more prevalent amongst the younger generations. Of course, this data should be taken with some skepticism, but it's interesting to consider. At that ratio, there'd be ~18 other ABDLs at your school. Even if that estimate was off by a factor of 5, then there's still be 3-4 ABDLs. Based on the increasing number of ABDL online stores now compared to ~10 years go and the success they've seen, I think we're more common than people realize. Generally speaking, I think us ABDLs do a good job of keeping discreet.

I'm sure someone at ABU or Tykables or Rearz have run some statistics based on the number of orders, repeat orders, unique shipping addresses, and compared it to the US population, but I've never seen any of the big ABDL retailers publish any numbers. I'd love to see if any unique trends could be graphed or mapped in an infographic. I have a hunch that certain cities are overrepresented. If nothing else

Reactions: DLBIG, TheDideeboy, littledub1955 and 5 others
Based on the number of ABDL companies there are, and the fact that they all manage to turn a profit, there's more out there any most people believe. Personally, I estimate 1.5 - 3% of the population are ABDL to some level or another. That doesn't mean that if you're an area with 1000 people that 15-30 are wearing a diaper (factoring out the IC crowd, because changes are likely pretty gone a few of them are wearing some kind of protection), but I'd wedger there's a fair chance that 15-30 of them wear them sometimes.
So on the OPs campus, if there's 17,000 students, and 2% of them are ABDL, you're not alone ☺️ That would mean, on average, in 'Anywhere America, a group of that many people would include 340 ABDL. Let's say my 1.5 - 3% is wrong, way wrong even. Let's say I'm off by a factor of 10 even, and the real number is only .015 - .3%. Guess what, even still that would mean there are 34 (working on rough average % of .2) other ABDLs on your campus. And heck, even if it's 10 times even lower... that would still be 3 or 4.

My point is, I can almost guarantee you're not the only padded one on campus. 😋

In a small city of 50,000 if us ABDLs make up .01 of the population, just 1 in 1000, and diaper sale numbers say it's higher, that's still 5.

• Love
Reactions: TheDideeboy, TigerDL, DiaperLoverPL and 2 others
Edgewater said:
I will say that you are likely coming in contact with or passing by even more individuals that are IC as we represent the largest number of individuals buy medical diapers and wear every day regardless of where we are going. Whether a small town or a large city, the local grocery and drug stores all have adult diapers.
Especially at the mall. We old folks love to walk in malls for their climate control and there’s more than a few of us that have padded tushies.

Reactions: littledub1955, littlemoosey and Edgewater
dogboy said:
If we knew the secrets those around are concealing I think we’d all feel a lot less guilty about those we have.

Reactions: geka and littlemoosey
BabyCorry said:
Based on the number of ABDL companies there are, and the fact that they all manage to turn a profit, there's more out there any most people believe. Personally, I estimate 1.5 - 3% of the population are ABDL to some level or another. That doesn't mean that if you're an area with 1000 people that 15-30 are wearing a diaper (factoring out the IC crowd, because changes are likely pretty gone a few of them are wearing some kind of protection), but I'd wedger there's a fair chance that 15-30 of them wear them sometimes.
So on the OPs campus, if there's 17,000 students, and 2% of them are ABDL, you're not alone ☺️ That would mean, on average, in 'Anywhere America, a group of that many people would include 340 ABDL. Let's say my 1.5 - 3% is wrong, way wrong even. Let's say I'm off by a factor of 10 even, and the real number is only .015 - .3%. Guess what, even still that would mean there are 34 (working on rough average % of .2) other ABDLs on your campus. And heck, even if it's 10 times even lower... that would still be 3 or 4.

My point is, I can almost guarantee you're not the only padded one on campus. 😋

In a small city of 50,000 if us ABDLs make up .01 of the population, just 1 in 1000, and diaper sale numbers say it's higher, that's still 5.
Yes, but your chances of running into 1 of those 34 in a population of 18,000 on a large campus are quite limited.

Statistics can be used to prove anything. LOTS of closet ABDLs out there who would never admit to it/respond to a survey. I had a college of 10,000 people. Randomly paired roommates, and my roommate happened to be a DL. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I'd suggest the population is much higher than imagined. Look at the plethora of ABDL diaper companies, now. As a frequent customer of purchasing in-store at Changing Times Diaper Company in Las Vegas, I can tell you...you are not alone!

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, littledub1955, TigerDL and 2 others
If at any moment at any place I´ve ever walked past another DL or ABDL, my best guess is that person must have been trying to go just as unnoticed as I was.

Reactions: Davvyboy, warmfeeling, geka and 3 others
We most likely do not walk past anywhere near as many as we would like to think are out there !

Reactions: Davvyboy and Edgewater
I would suspect that the number of DL's we pass on the street is both unknown and unknowable....

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, littledub1955 and Edgewater
I always wonder the same thing

Me too. But I’ve seen ABDL diapers discarded on the side of road near my house so there just be an ABDL or DL nearby.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Edgewater
jamiejamie said:
Me too. But I’ve seen ABDL diapers discarded on the side of road near my house so there just be an ABDL or DL nearby.
...one who's enough of a slob to throw trash onto the roadside....

Reactions: Davvyboy, TigerDL, jamiejamie and 2 others
jamiejamie said:
wow a dl litter bug
can't they even throw them in the garbage?
are they trying to show off?
bad enough people throw baby diapers on the street now someone throwing huge diapers on the road

Reactions: littledub1955, jamiejamie and Edgewater
I live in the suburbs of a major US city (1 million+ residents) and commute to work in the city using public transit, I’m going to imagine I cross paths with at least one just by virtue of how many people I see. How many people I pass who are actively wearing at the time, that’s a harder question to answer, but if you broaden it to “Anyone with any sort of ABDL tendencies” it’s probably a handful even if they don’t even know what to call it

Back