How many diapers do you usually carry around with you?

pugglesmuggles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm just wondering how many extra diapers do you all with 24/7 UIC or similar conditions carry around with you in your backpack, briefcase, drawstring bag, etc.? I've been totally UIC for about 3 years now and I still feel like I "overpack" even for just a normal routine work day- to the office and home. Or maybe it's just a preference thing, like whatever makes you comfortable.
I usually wear the Abena M-4s but lately I've been trying out the Northshore Megamax's, and I think I actually like them better so I may switch permanently. Either way, if it's warm and I drink on the more-side of water, I will usually change my diaper during lunch hour, but if it's not and I don't drink as much, one diaper can last me all day and I change when I get home (I've been especially noticing this is true of the Megamax diaper). Nonetheless, I still carry around 4 (FOUR!!) extra diapers in my work backpack. They take up a lot of space too- and I've only had occasion to dip into a second one once when I had a tab failure.
I just feel I don't need to carry that many- like maybe 2 (in case of above tab failure). Plus, it's just more bulk for someone to notice and if they know me well, potentially ask me about. I'm not hiding my incontinence and diapers necessarily... but not trying to advertise either.

Keep in mind those are routine days. It's not unusual for anxious me to pack 6 or even 8 extra diapers and gear for a weekend outing or long drive- you never know what can happen!! And I won't even go into how I pack for overnight trips.... lol.

Anyway, am I being toooooo overly cautious? Or really does it matter? How many do you all carry with you?

I keep two pull ups in my work locker and another one in my purse. Two in my purse if I'm going to be out and about all day.

I carry around only what I expect to need during the time I'm out - means:
- if fresh diapered, up to 4 hours out: nothing at all
- being out the whole day: max. 2 spares
- being out long time (business travel, vacation etc.): for each day out 3 daytime diapers (2 which I need, + 1 spare), and 1 nighttime diaper

Reactions: newt and bdale
I keep some in a bag in my car at all times and usually one tucked in my coat pocket. In the summer when just wearing shorts and a tee shirt I have to chance it and hope my nappy lasts while I am out and about. At home if I Leak it is no big deal.

I carry at least 4 because if something goes wrong like one rips or I wind up in the hospital I will need some so that gives my wife time toget some to me. The diapers are in a gray diaper bag That doesn’t look like one. I just hang it on the back of my wheelchair; I also carry extra pants or shorts depending on the season. My diapers are usually the barnyard diapers which the nurses or doctors like.

pugglesmuggles said:
I'm just wondering how many extra diapers do you all with 24/7 UIC or similar conditions carry around with you in your backpack, briefcase, drawstring bag, etc.? I've been totally UIC for about 3 years now and I still feel like I "overpack" even for just a normal routine work day- to the office and home. Or maybe it's just a preference thing, like whatever makes you comfortable.
I usually wear the Abena M-4s but lately I've been trying out the Northshore Megamax's, and I think I actually like them better so I may switch permanently. Either way, if it's warm and I drink on the more-side of water, I will usually change my diaper during lunch hour, but if it's not and I don't drink as much, one diaper can last me all day and I change when I get home (I've been especially noticing this is true of the Megamax diaper). Nonetheless, I still carry around 4 (FOUR!!) extra diapers in my work backpack. They take up a lot of space too- and I've only had occasion to dip into a second one once when I had a tab failure.
I just feel I don't need to carry that many- like maybe 2 (in case of above tab failure). Plus, it's just more bulk for someone to notice and if they know me well, potentially ask me about. I'm not hiding my incontinence and diapers necessarily... but not trying to advertise either.

Keep in mind those are routine days. It's not unusual for anxious me to pack 6 or even 8 extra diapers and gear for a weekend outing or long drive- you never know what can happen!! And I won't even go into how I pack for overnight trips.... lol.

Anyway, am I being toooooo overly cautious? Or really does it matter? How many do you all carry with you?
We keep a diaper backpack in each vehicle fully stocked. there is at least 4 diaper changes in each backpack along with whatever i might need. my personal backpack i will keep one to two diaper changes in that. if at an event, festival, amusement park, and long outing i will have three diaper changes in the personal backpack. it is better to be over prepared you never know. when i am excited having a great time i tended to wet a lot heavier. always don't have to worry about the amount i am drinking. tab failure happens so a back up is important.
when traveling it is best to over calculate your need and bring diapers back home than have to be looking for them while traveling.
i always wear a premium diaper (one that has heavy absorbency) i go from mild to heavy wetting never know what the day will be. normal i try changing at lunch for the second half of my day. there are times i am caught up in something and i miss my lunch time changing but will usually change before heading home because a full diaper for the commute is risky especially if i am on the train. if ever long drive or commute somewhere when i stand up it is a given i will flood my diaper so i will need be changed before moving forward therefore i always allow extra time to get to my destination. you get into a routine with all this. the creation of the private family restrooms everywhere is great, but the car has always been a great place to get changed. i don't worry about people finding out they are strangers and there is nothing embarrassing about needing diapers. those who know friends and family already know so no stress over hiding it.

When we know that going be most of the day ! Will have a couple spare diapers along with an extra diaper cover along in our vehicle.

Reactions: Js413blue
Myself I usually carry 3 for a normal workday. If travelling to cottage for 3-4 days I bring 12 daytime and 4-5 nighttime ones just to be safe. Oh the joys of incontinence, one never really knows what one is truly going to need/require. ;)

Cheers

Jason

To work I just carry one for a midday change. But I only live 4 minutes away from work so needing to go home isn't a big deal. If I know that I am going to be out all day I would bring 3, I normally only use 3 during the day so wearing one plus bringing 3 means that I should have 1 spare. Plus I've noticed that if I am moving around loads, I tend to drink and leak less so I should be able to last a bit longer than normal.

I always have one pull-up and diaper in the car just in case. I try to limit my time away from home, so I do not need a change.

3 are in my vehicle diaper bag. My diaper bag is a mini backpack, and that's what it holds with a pack of wipes, travel powder and cream. Mostly don't need to think about bringing more - but the unexpected does happen from time to time. While I might only rarely need a change when away from home, sometimes your delayed or have need to change even more (messy, broken diaper, whatever) so it pays to be overly prepared. If I need more than three on a day trip, then probably shouldn't be on that trip anyway! When you rely on diapers, not having a new one handy when you need it now can be an uncomfortable situation!

Of course if planning on being away overnight it's usually packing 4 diapers per day.

My diaper bag usually has 4-5 diapers in it.
Ill restock as I use them.

I always have one in my purse. Then each car has its own diaper bag with enough diapers for about two days. I almost never need the car bags. I work from home, so I'm almost never away from home long enough to need a diaper change these days. I also make sure I have enough diaper capacity left before leaving the house.

Reactions: PaddedRita and bdale
I have about 3 extra in a backpack along with wipes,powder and duct tape just case the tapes rip

my usual routine is a full day at uni these days, and I’m wearing nappies that last me about six hours at the moment, so I’ll bring a midday change plus one spare in case I have a dodgy tab or wet unusually heavily. I’ll add a third nappy if I’m going to exercise afterward. I live nearby so it wouldn’t be difficult for me to go home if I needed.

Back