How long does Botox injections last for you?

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi,

i got my fourth round of Botox on the 4th of July, 100E, and the effect is completely gone, as far as i can tell.

The optimal time for the effectiveness was about 10 weeks, getting down since October, i think that is a little to short.

During the 10 weeks my retention goes up to about 50% bladder capacity, so getting 200E or more is not really a good idea i think.

Can anybody confirm this? I like to discuss this with my urologist next time.

Reactions: daylight, Lynnie and Edgewater
Sadly, I cannot confirm your time like as my urologist states that Botox would not work for my type of U-IC.

• Sad
Reactions: Pino and newt
While I have not personally had botox my urologist recommended against it for me
stating it would either have 0 change or make things worse
also stating its an injection every 3-4 months or so
So I went with his recommendation
You're probably due for an other shot

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino and Edgewater
Yes, I had one set of Botox, 100, it did slow my incontinence down but cathing had to increase. Or she said get you back on a chronic Foley. She is still asking me if I want to get back on it. Oh yes, 3 months it was over with

Reactions: Pino and Edgewater
I do best getting it every 4 months, though sometimes scheduling problems push that to five months. It's usually pretty good for about three and a half months, then tapers off pretty quickly. My last round was in late July, and I've been feeling an increase in bladder spasms for the past three weeks or so. Fortunately, I've got an appointment the week after next to get it done, so not much longer to wait!

Reactions: Lynnie, Edgewater and Pino
ltaluv said:
I do best getting it every 4 months, though sometimes scheduling problems push that to five months. It's usually pretty good for about three and a half months, then tapers off pretty quickly. My last round was in late July, and I've been feeling an increase in bladder spasms for the past three weeks or so. Fortunately, I've got an appointment the week after next to get it done, so not much longer to wait!
O.K. this sounds very close to my experience.

Reactions: Edgewater
interesting thing, Botox is one of the most potent natural toxins ever

Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater
Ohwhy10 said:
interesting thing, Botox is one of the most potent natural toxins ever
Do you suppose that they were thinking of Botox when they came up with the saying “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.

• Love
Zeke said:
Do you suppose that they were thinking of Botox when they came up with the saying “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.
maybe?

@Pino , it varies and each person has a level of acceptance to what affects how often to request a new dose.

My calculus is pain and discomfort. The incontinence part is secondary. My experience: Had one dose for which catheterizing was required until it wore off, 6-7 months. Thankfully, the pain has not returned. I suspect I will go for another round in Jan.

Reactions: Pino, Lynnie and Edgewater
daylight said:
@Pino , it varies and each person has a level of acceptance to what affects how often to request a new dose.

My calculus is pain and discomfort. The incontinence part is secondary. My experience: Had one dose for which catheterizing was required until it wore off, 6-7 months. Thankfully, the pain has not returned. I suspect I will go for another round in Jan.
Great post, yes here too, and not ruling out Botox again, but my hands have alot of pain that they have suggested Foley and then Botox. Still weighing that.

Okay, I know very little about this. Can Botox anywhere in your body give you retention? I ask because right now I set here with a catheter in, and nobody knows why I can't empty my bladder. I did get migraine shots recently. Botox shots.

epl said:
Okay, I know very little about this. Can Botox anywhere in your body give you retention? I ask because right now I set here with a catheter in, and nobody knows why I can't empty my bladder. I did get migraine shots recently. Botox shots.

I believe/told/read it only affects the site where injected.

Back