How long do you sit in a wet diaper

First of all, I must say that I wear diapers 24/7 due to urinary incontinence.

1. I try to use the diaper as much as possible. I wear ABDL diapers most often, so their capacity is larger than medical diapers, so in my case I have 2 changes a day. The exception is to add a booster to a diaper or two, then I can only change it in the evening.
Sometimes it happens that after changing the diaper before bed, it is already wet. When it's only a little wet, I wait until morning to change it.

2. I like it when it's dry and when it's wet, my urinary incontinence has got me used to being wet more often than dry.

3. It depends on the diaper, one medical diaper is better and the other is worse. However, when I wear a medical diaper, I need more of them during the day and leaks occur much more often than in ABDL diapers. That's why I prefer to wear ABDL diapers.

1. I normally keep them on until they are either completely filled and about to leak or if I messed it then I will sometimes change sooner depending on what I am doing.
2. I would say I like it better wet, probably. Warm and soft and swollen feels very comfortable.
3. If you want one to handle full wettings like that look for the kind with a different colored strip in the middle that spreads the pee out so it can absorb in more evenly. Different brands and models do this better or worse. All of them will work fine for slower, gradual wettings but you might have to look for specific ones to handle sudden floods.

Reactions: Ortler
I like keeping my wet diapers on for as long as possible. I like the feeling of both a dry and wet diaper, but I prefer the feeling of a wet one, especially if it is to the point of being fully soaked.

Reactions: wetaccident and Sidewinder
I think any incontinent person wears their diaper day and night. I'm no different. During the day I change ~ 4 to 6 hours. Sometimes, if planned and I'm going to be out longer, I'll add a quality booster (favorite NorthShore Eternadry contour [2xl 27"x10.5"] doubler/booster) and some plastic pants under compression shorts and the normal baggy pants. With the extra booster I can go the rest of the day. Of course that means some air-outing my skin.
While sleeping my wet (and typically dirty) diaper will cover ~7-9 hours. That's about the limit. It will also include a NS doubler and plastic pants. When I was a teenager I would sometimes go without changing my diaper from a Friday afternoon to Saturday night. My mom would knock on my room and could smell my room. She would insist on cleaning up and get a new diaper on before we had dinner. She said it wasn't fair for the rest of the family. For one of those 30 hours+ was simply the result of an anxious teenager. Yeah, stupid.

if I’ve just had a small wee I will stay in it for an hour or 2 until I’ve had a full wetting, it just seems a waste to change before it’s full. If I’m out somewhere I will just change when I get home or when convenient. At nighttime just stay in my wet nappy until I get up in the morning. Anything more than wet, I like to change with in half hour

2 hours I think. It was my attempt to wet till full capacity when it got late and I didn't want to sleep in a wet diaper.

This question comes up all the time... I like wearing a thick diaper that is damp. Not dry but still lots of room left

Usually mine is wet, once that has happened I wait until there is a risk of a leak,then change.
On rare ocassions I might manage to stay in a dry Nappy for almost two hours.
I love the feeling of a wet Nappy and whilst I no longer use cloth that wet cloth feeling is just heaven.

Wetshisbed said:
At home I never rush to change.
Same goes for me, too.

katierichards7777 said:
I'm positive that this has probably been a topic a lot, but I couldn't find it. I have a couple questions for the community, as it relates to only wetting your diaper:

1) how long do you keep a wet diaper on you? I've wet my diaper and thought about going to sleep before changing and dealing with it in the morning, but I'm not sure that's okay (I'm relatively new to our community)

2) do you like your diaper better wet or dry?

3) are most adult diapers made to handle full flow? Because right now I get scared of it going everywhere so I go slowly.

Hope none of these are too invasive to ask. Love this community and all its support!
I love being wet more than being dry.

That is, I don't mind being dry, but I'm more comfortable when wet.

Lots of times, I like to keep my wet diaper on me for long periods of time. (usually 6 to 12 hours at the very most, accounting for variable factors)

And ome diapers will handle more of a flow than others, it depends on which ones you're using.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ortler and Wetshisbed
I have been in my wet Classico v2 diaper for about 10 hours and messy for 15 minutes. After I got diapered last evening for bed. I couldn't hold it and wet while watching television with my wife. I would say a moderate wetting and I did not want to change a diaper with more capacity left so I went to bed wet. I wet more during the night and got up substantially wet with a small leak on my night pants from a side wetting, nothing terrible. I then messed my diaper in the kitchen getting coffee. Still no plans to change right away. Classico v2 diapers are one of my favorite diapees: although not much AB, I consider myself a DL, I like the printed baby blocks and other subtle designs on a white diaper. I also like this diaper because I can wear and wet throughout the night without leaking (the leak today was my fault for wetting while on my side), and I can wear the diaper discreetly during the day while wetting at work, perfect balance between aesthetic looks, absorbency, and discretion. By the way, no press out leaks sitting here, just a nice, soft poopy squish. I know this was about wetting so I hope I have not offended anyone by mentioning my messy diaper.

Reactions: Sidewinder
New2DLWorld said:
As kind of new to the whole thing and finding myself.....

1. it takes me several hours of wearing before I’m ready to even just barely think about wetting a little bit after a few hours I reach my comfort zone and I feel good with it. But it’s like the kid who didn’t want to get in the swimming pool but once in they never want to leave.
I like that analogy.

As my father once told me: "You are your own comfort zone."

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
I love being wet more than being dry.

That is, I don't mind being dry, but I'm more comfortable when wet.

Lots of times, I like to keep my wet diaper on me for long periods of time. (usually 6 to 12 hours at the very most, accounting for variable factors)

And ome diapers will handle more of a flow than others, it depends on which ones you're using.
I never rush to change when at home.

Reactions: wetaccident, chamberpot and Sidewinder
couple hrs at most

when i wear to work ... the whole day. I put it on at around 6:30 and if i don't have to change around lunch wich i try to avoid, then i get it off at about 17:00 on my way home or arriving at home.

I can't tell you for nighttime, because i go to bed dry and sometimes wake up wet without knowing when it happened - but the diaper is mostly not warm any more, so i consider some hours.

depending on the brand I can't wear them when they're too swollen, a tena slip ultima cotton feel after 6h is not full enough but definitely swollen enough to chafe my skin to kingdom come even with cotton abena fix pants over it.
Plastic diapers do that too.
Lots of walking is therefore no go for me, unless I wear a clamp but those things do hurt after a while, even when switching places every hour.
At night if I wear it for 10+h I definitely end up with heat rash inside my legs, so yes there are moments when I come home from work I do rush to change out and put a clamp on because of a very painful bump from chafing.
In general daytime diapers I tend to chance every 4-6h depending on brand and how much I drink

For me I will stay in a wet disposable until it is at the point that one more wetting will definitely leak. This will thus depend on where you have soaked your diaper and the positions you were in and expect to be in. For example, if you have been sitting and the back is soaked and you anticipate more sitting, then you will probably need to change before the diaper is fully soaked. For guys, you may be able to reposition your penis to wet where the diaper is still dry and improve you diaper utilization.

I don’t worry too much about how long I am diapered in a disposable since the lining is a bit of a barrier between the wetness and your skin.

I am relatively new to using cloth (keeps the cost down) and I am still trying to figure it out. Since you don’t have that barrier like in disposables, I am tending to change more often (2 to 3 wettings?). I believe I can actually feel some discomfort on my skin after sitting in a wet cloth diaper for a while so that’s another reason I will change more often.

i’m not sure how many cloth diaper wearers we have but any sharing of cloth diaper wetting experience would be greatly appreciated.

Back