How heavy is your wet/dirty diaper pail before going to the garbage can?

I had my black bag full of dirty nappies split on my stairs it was that heavy, the full contents came out. Luckily my housemates were asleep as it was 4am, it is best at 4am so I can empty my dirty nappies without anybody seeing.

Reactions: chuck, Diprs2 and Edgewater
bobbilly said:
I had my black bag full of dirty nappies split on my stairs it was that heavy, the full contents came out. Luckily my housemates were asleep as it was 4am, it is best at 4am so I can empty my dirty nappies without anybody seeing.
May need to consider double bagging if you are experiencing trash bag failure that is spilling out in a shared living arrangement. Consider the industrial grade trash bags that provide the same level as a double bag, but a bit less than the cost of double bagging.

Reactions: Diprs2 and bobbilly
Oh boy, the bin can get quite heavy with my wet or soiled diapers! I usually empty out the diaper bin every other day, but sometimes I get a little lazy or rushed and it'll be three days! I put all my used diapers in a sealable diaper bag to limit odors, but wow it can get heavy! Sometimes it's probably close to 30 or 40 pounds!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I let get to around 6 diapers because I have to walk around 100 meters to put in the garbage and I am scared that the bag will tore apart

Last edited:
I typically take them out every day to my rolling outside bins. I try to fit 2-3 in a small odor resistant bathroom size trash bag and then each of those bags gets put into one large black industrial bag in the outside bin. Before trash pickup I just tie the black bag so nothing comes out and the trash truck lifts the bin.

I typically only go through 1-2 briefs a day as I can usually make it to the restroom and try to maintain as much of that ability as possible.

For the most part I just throw each diaper straight outside in garbage can. I used to use a pail in my room but it was so heavy bringing downstairs every few days and one day it ripped and that was the end of that.

The garbage is very heavy when I bring it out to the front for pickup especially if I forget one of the pickup days.

The worst ever was when I was dumb enough to leave the lid open about a month ago. I live in Miami and it was spring. So it rains. A LOT. And the night I left it open was no different. I tried to drain it a bit but all the diapers soaked up to the max. Which is a problem because 90% were megamax. I was truly worried it would break the truck it was so heavy.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon and Edgewater
newt said:
For the most part I just throw each diaper straight outside in garbage can. I used to use a pail in my room but it was so heavy bringing downstairs every few days and one day it ripped and that was the end of that.

The garbage is very heavy when I bring it out to the front for pickup especially if I forget one of the pickup days.

The worst ever was when I was dumb enough to leave the lid open about a month ago. I live in Miami and it was spring. So it rains. A LOT. And the night I left it open was no different. I tried to drain it a bit but all the diapers soaked up to the max. Which is a problem because 90% were megamax. I was truly worried it would break the truck it was so heavy.
Wow, that would clearly triple-up the weight factor.

The good news (or bad) is that the trucks that pick-up waste cart have a read-out of the weight of the cart and if it is at or beyond the load limit for the arm, it will refuse the lift.

Reactions: Diprs2 and newt
Back