How easy/hard would it be for you to become a 24/7 nappy wearer?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What lifestyle adjustments would you have to make? How would you approach it with friends and family? What about affordability? What about job security?

I think for me I wouldn't face any hardships if I fully committed to wearing nappies 24/7. I have mental health disabilities and already live in a sheltered living environment. My support management already think I have IC issues after I made them aware that I needed IC pads and could they arrange delivery on payment for me. I had nappies packed and delivered to hospital when I was impatient for psychiatric problems. I was in hospital 6 weeks and my support staff delivered me nappies to hospital and I wore 24/7..... This was once of many binges... I think I would comfortably wear 24/7 and become incontinent but then the purge hits and I lose all interest in wearing nappies.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
You can't become incontinent by wearing 24/7

Reactions: Dllover15 and littlejunioruk1982
My hardest thing would be my wife allowing it. She doesn’t slow me to wear around her at al right now. If I decided to go 24/7, she would probably leave me.

I’ve been 24/7 pretty much for a month now, except for one time peeing in the toilet which felt weird.

Reactions: Lilbabyboy2888, BobbiSueEllen, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
PCBaby said:
You can't become incontinent by wearing 24/7
Very easy for me to wear and use 24/7. 43 years and counting

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen, Rezzu and 2 others
It would be hard for me:

The initial expense of getting clothing that fits when wearing diapers (since I only wear occasionally, most of my clothes are not loose enough for proper diaper wearing hiding).

The ongoing cost of disposables diapers. I don't have a washer/dryer so getting cloth diapers is not really an option.

The ongoing possibility of other people finding out.

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen and BigBlueBear
Going 24/7 was very easy for me I was amazed how quickly it just felt normal. Now I couldn't imagine not being in nappies.

Reactions: Dllover15, rocketman, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
BabyDenise said:
It would be hard for me:

The initial expense of getting clothing that fits when wearing diapers (since I only wear occasionally, most of my clothes are not loose enough for proper diaper wearing hiding).

The ongoing cost of disposables diapers. I don't have a washer/dryer so getting cloth diapers is not really an option.

The ongoing possibility of other people finding out.
I get a kick out of people knowing I wear nappies I don't know why I just do.

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
Psychologically I think it would be easy to go 24/7 ( except #2). To me it would be like succumbing to taking more drugs. Would feel great.
But my logical part of me rejects it because of, for me, the impracticality of it. Always carrying a diaper bag, finding places to change, fearing the humiliation of others finding out, the cost and the feeling of being controlled by the diapers along with a wife who would not accept it all outweigh the benefits. I’d rather leave it to a controlled pastime that I enjoy and look forward to as opposed to having it take over my life.
But then again, that’s me. I realize that others may in some ways want it to control certain aspects of their lives. That’s what makes us individuals here on adisc, enjoying diapers in whatever way makes us happy.

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen, chamberpot and 4 others
Kayleigh said:
Psychologically I think it would be easy to go 24/7 ( except #2). To me it would be like succumbing to taking more drugs. Would feel great.
But my logical part of me rejects it because of, for me, the impracticality of it. Always carrying a diaper bag, finding places to change, fearing the humiliation of others finding out, the cost and the feeling of being controlled by the diapers along with a wife who would not accept it all outweigh the benefits. I’d rather leave it to a controlled pastime that I enjoy and look forward to as opposed to having it take over my life.
But then again, that’s me. I realize that others may in some ways want it to control certain aspects of their lives. That’s what makes us individuals here on adisc, enjoying diapers in whatever way makes us happy.
Agree completely with that... the lockdown has been the first opportunity I’ve had to potentially wear 24/7 for an extended period of time, no issues around family and work colleagues noticing etc. But I haven’t found I’ve wanted to. There have been weeks I’ve worn nearly all the time, and other weeks I’ve worn a lot less. Partly due to varying stress levels I think, but also I find it becomes mundane and routine after a while, and so I give it a rest to recharge the excitement associated with wearing. I think there’s little point putting one on if you don’t feel the desire to (except perhaps for convenience at night), just like there’s no point having a bar of chocolate if you don’t feel hungry! It’s proved to me that 24/7 wearing isn’t something I would aspire to even if there were no other obstacles to it for me.

Reactions: hoimi, BobbiSueEllen, DLinSecret and 5 others
well .... thanks to being forced to wear diapers 24 / 7 I had to to change my career, and I am limited on what activities I can do ... it's also * expensive * thanks to being heavily incontinent.
I've also had to change my habits a bit to accommodate diapers ... especially personal care .

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, legojoker88, Ebabyboy12 and 1 other person
ST50 said:
I get a kick out of people knowing I wear nappies I don't know why I just do.
I do too. But so many people frown upon it.

If I was able to I go in 24/7 in a heartbeat. But where I work I wouldn’t want to wear diapers because to risky.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and legojoker88
I pretty much already do. A few exceptions for like camping and kayaking. I love it. Just feel complete with them on.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, chamberpot, BigBlueBear and 1 other person
Midwest82 said:
I pretty much already do. A few exceptions for like camping and kayaking. I love it. Just feel complete with them on.
That’s how I feel as well....complete. That’s exactly what I told my doctor.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Midwest82
It would be very tough, I’d have to find a way to keep a constant stock, and also hide everything from people. I’m fairly social and I’m usually around a lot of people either thanks to work, or living with family. Wearing diapers 24/7 would lead to a lot of planning, but even with all that someone would notice. Not to mention how expensive it would be to buy diapers and have to constantly change. A wet diaper wouldn’t be too bad to stay in for a little while. But a messy one would need to be changed immediately every time. I usually go to the bathroom about 3 times a day. So that’s almost 4 changes per day? Maybe 24 diapers a week. Round up to 100 diapers each month? And my favorite diapers are around 26.99 per pack with 10 per pack, so that’s a new 260 dollar expense to throw in. Not to mention wipes, powder, and other supplies. It’s gonna get pricy real quick....

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Kayleigh
I am lucky enough to to 24/7, and I'm going on 3 years now.. and I wouldn't go back! I went off to college, got a private room, and bought so many diapers my closet had no room for anything else. I've since built up a stockpile of 500+ diapers.. maybe I used the China Trade Wars and COVID-19 as an excuse to purchase so many.. or maybe it's my bipolar disorder 😅 if you want pictures to back up my 500+ claims I'm more than happy to post some.

But back to the topic, I discovered that being fairly independent and going 24/7 go hand in hand. I will openly disclose that messies go in the toilet most of the time as cleanup tends to be a PITA. I won't wear in the shower, when swimming, intense hikes, or when my girlfriend asks me not to for a specific occasion, which isn't often.

I had to change wardrobe at first, wearing looser pants and longer shirts to be more discrete. My approach to friends and family is that I have told nobody but if someone finds out it's no big deal. It's part of me and if they want to worry about it without discussing it with me then they can go ahead. I know my parents know but haven't said anything about it, so I'll keep it at that.

I found a girlfriend and marriage is in our plans, probably next year around this time. She knows, I was open about it towards the beginning of our relationship and has accepted it and we both have learned along the way.

I haven't had issues with job security, I guess if I had to strip naked or wear a swimsuit for work there would be issues, but for what I've done (retail and fast food (oof)) I haven't had an issue.

What I wear is usually a Tykables, or MegaMax and booster (Bambino or NorthShore) and change two to three times a day. People may think that that is overkill but I'm a super heavy wetter and it's better to not have wet pants all the time. I'm thinking of getting a case of moderate absorbency diapers for the times where there's a few hours between changes but I usually make do with what I have.

Affordability. Let's be honest. This is an expensive lifestyle. Very expensive. But if it makes you happy, it's worth it. For me it makes me happy, helps with my anxiety, and I feel like a more patient and empathetic person when I'm wearing. For me, it's worth it. To "save" money, I usually auto-ship cases, such as the MegaMax with 5% discount, or the Tykables Little-Big diaper box subscription. I only buy boosters from Bambino when they're 15% off, usually 4 times a year.

It's been amazing learning more about myself and I recently opened up to my therapist saying I wanted to dig deeper, and it's the first person I've openly told besides my girlfriend. I'll see how that goes.

Reactions: bohemian85, Dllover15, hoimi and 2 others
Becoming a 24/7 wetter would be tough because I change at a gym nearly daily. Wearing a diaper in the gym would be tough.

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
Yooo said:
I am lucky enough to to 24/7, and I'm going on 3 years now.. and I wouldn't go back! I went off to college, got a private room, and bought so many diapers my closet had no room for anything else. I've since built up a stockpile of 500+ diapers.. maybe I used the China Trade Wars and COVID-19 as an excuse to purchase so many.. or maybe it's my bipolar disorder 😅 if you want pictures to back up my 500+ claims I'm more than happy to post some.

But back to the topic, I discovered that being fairly independent and going 24/7 go hand in hand. I will openly disclose that messies go in the toilet most of the time as cleanup tends to be a PITA. I won't wear in the shower, when swimming, intense hikes, or when my girlfriend asks me not to for a specific occasion, which isn't often.

I had to change wardrobe at first, wearing looser pants and longer shirts to be more discrete. My approach to friends and family is that I have told nobody but if someone finds out it's no big deal. It's part of me and if they want to worry about it without discussing it with me then they can go ahead. I know my parents know but haven't said anything about it, so I'll keep it at that.

I found a girlfriend and marriage is in our plans, probably next year around this time. She knows, I was open about it towards the beginning of our relationship and has accepted it and we both have learned along the way.

I haven't had issues with job security, I guess if I had to strip naked or wear a swimsuit for work there would be issues, but for what I've done (retail and fast food (oof)) I haven't had an issue.

What I wear is usually a Tykables, or MegaMax and booster (Bambino or NorthShore) and change two to three times a day. People may think that that is overkill but I'm a super heavy wetter and it's better to not have wet pants all the time. I'm thinking of getting a case of moderate absorbency diapers for the times where there's a few hours between changes but I usually make do with what I have.

Affordability. Let's be honest. This is an expensive lifestyle. Very expensive. But if it makes you happy, it's worth it. For me it makes me happy, helps with my anxiety, and I feel like a more patient and empathetic person when I'm wearing. For me, it's worth it. To "save" money, I usually auto-ship cases, such as the MegaMax with 5% discount, or the Tykables Little-Big diaper box subscription. I only buy boosters from Bambino when they're 15% off, usually 4 times a year.

It's been amazing learning more about myself and I recently opened up to my therapist saying I wanted to dig deeper, and it's the first person I've openly told besides my girlfriend. I'll see how that goes.
Can you tell me how your parents know? Did you tell them? I’m curious because my parents will be back next month and I plan on wearing diapers but I don’t want them to know.

Reactions: Dllover15, BobbiSueEllen and Yooo
I am retired and I wear diapers 24/7. I wear them under my yoga pants and leggings. Since I have been wearing diapers 24/7 I can’t and do not want to go back to panties.

Reactions: Dllover15, DiaperKat, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
Back