How Durable are AB Pacifiers?

NightFlare76

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I would like to know how durable the AB Pacifiers are from any of the various brands or stores that offer them. I consider myself more DL oriented than AB but I think I have some type of oral fixation as I am almost always chewing on something. If I have a pack of gum it's gone in less than a couple of days if I don't I'm chewing on some plastic or rubber object within reach and I have chewed through various plastic objects before so they'd have to be pretty strong rubber! The latter of that I'm sure isn't good for my oral health (Currently everything in that regard is good but it could change) so I'm wondering if a pacifier could be a solution as opposed to buying gum all the time. This is usually a subconscious decision, I don't normally notice I'm chewing on something till it's destroyed.

Any advice or insight is much appreciated!

Reactions: medfet878
get a teether or chewlry

nappybaby said:
get a teether or chewlry
Never heard of Chewlry before but a quick search suggests that it's probably a good solution plus its a bit more discrete than a strait up adult-sized pacifier in my room.

Reactions: medfet878 and PuffPuffPaci
They only pacifiers ino own of that are designed to be chewed on come from an Etsy shop. They are solid silicone. They are shown in my profile pic. For $20 I think they could be worth a shot. Lmk if u want the link

I chew on all of my pacifiers (not aggressively) and only had one get a knick in it from my teeth and that was a baby pacifier.

PuffPuffPaci said:
They only pacifiers ino own of that are designed to be chewed on come from an Etsy shop. They are solid silicone. They are shown in my profile pic. For $20 I think they could be worth a shot. Lmk if u want the link
Sure it could be worth a look.

ReluctantAdult said:
I chew on all of my pacifiers (not aggressively) and only had one get a knick in it from my teeth and that was a baby pacifier.
I'm pretty aggressive with this odd habit so I might chew straight though them.

One of my favorites.. you'll never chew through it, but it's still very rubbery.

TeddyUrsadorable said:

One of my favorites.. you'll never chew through it, but it's still very rubbery.
I really like some of the designs they offer and it seems they have a good reputation and are very durable if I get something that is XXstrong. I may get something from here.
Thank you for the suggestion!

I don't chew on my pacifiers, but, Rearz' size 6 adult pacifiers are quite inexpensive, at like $6 each, and sometimes they go on sale for less. I have about 25 of them. I sleep with a paci every night, and I have not worn any of them out, although, again, I don't set out to chew them. But I do grind my teeth and have worn through a few night guards, so the pacifiers are seeing some activity. My oldest ones are probably 4 years old and still look great. I take them apart and clean them periodically and I always let them dry thoroughly.

Back