How do you know

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all
Just wanted to ask how do you know if your a sissy or just someone who like girly things (not crossdressing) plz explain I'm so confused

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty, Woncrinklz and 2 others
Cross dressing can sometimes be temporary but taking on more manarisms and every day things girls normally do is sissy where it is not just dressing

Example: a male cross dressing as female knowing they are still male is cross dressing. If your curious on this in Japan it is referred to as otokonoko or “male daughter” in Japan where one is usually treated as a girl knowing they’re still male but dressing as female

Taking on motions, activities, actions, makeup, enjoying more of the kawaii life, and believing they are a girl deep inside is trans/sissy sissy’s are more likely to make the rest of their body be more like females not just with clothes. This includes accessories, voice training, scents and perfumes, etc.

A test of this to see which one you are is asking why you do it. If it is feeling like “it is who you are and meant to be” it is possibly sissy, but if it is something you do every so often or for a “quick fix “ it most likely is cross dressing only :)

It is possible to have one, another, or both. Fantastic question, so really think how do you feel when you are acting that way? Really dive into your emotions

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty, Woncrinklz and 2 others
Glitter is correct, Otokonoko‘s tend to fully identify as dudes while embracing more feminine roles, aesthetics, fashion and things. Cross dressing is an action, a verb! It simply means one is dressing in a way of the opposite way typical for their identity. I could go on about Otokonoko and its roots and history (it’s something that I am very personally invested in and it very much so deserves documentation and study.).

Not to disimilar to drag, where queens are not necessarily trans or female identifying and may firmly identify as male otherwise beside when being in their queen persona.

I also agree with Glitter about the experience of being a Sissy.

It’s very much a spectrum for a lot of people. It’s complicated and these sorts of things tend to be very personal. Most importantly, labels mostly exist to quickly communicate things you are without having to get into the nitty gritty. What is most important of all (not to sound overly prosy or gooey) is your experience and what you enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Interesting question and interesting perspectives. I list myself as sissy but after reading the responses, I may be a crossdresser, but in a limited way. I love feminine, girly diapers, panties, leggings, tights and skirts. Nothing makes me happier than lounging in a diaper under either a skirt or leggings. When not in a diaper I like cute panties especially if there is a little bow on the front waistband. But that’s it. I have no interest in carrying myself as a female and while I like how my legs look in tights or leggings, I never wear anything female above the waist.
I also abhor any type of humiliation and I would never allow myself to be disciplined.
So if I am not a sissy, then what am I besides a DL? I don’t recall seeing anyone having a xdresser tag under their nicknames.
I’d be interested in hearing other perspectives.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, Woncrinklz and Deleted member 77157
Just wanted you to know, you are not alone in your confusion. I do not understand my own motivations any more than you. I'd like to get back into talk therapy, maybe explore that, but am sadly unable to afford that right now.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Kayleigh said:
So if I am not a sissy, then what am I besides a DL? I don’t recall seeing anyone having a xdresser tag under their nicknames.
I’d be interested in hearing other perspectives.
It sounds like the definition of otokonoko , I would recommend looking into it, diapers are popular with otokonoko as well as stated by the media and does lean a lot to the factor of being treated like female (often embarrassingly in public in media) and being dressed as such while still knowing that they are male.
floppyfoppsie said:
Glitter is correct, Otokonoko‘s tend to fully identify as dudes while embracing more feminine roles, aesthetics, fashion and things. Cross dressing is an action, a verb! It simply means one is dressing in a way of the opposite way typical for their identity. I could go on about Otokonoko and its roots and history (it’s something that I am very personally invested in and it very much so deserves documentation and study.).
I would love to research deeper in this myself as well and would love to see your studies as I have done some research as well but would love to see it from a deeper perspective! Stay awesomesauce out there

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
I agree it would be nice to have another preference or depiction option for opting "cross dresser" as well as "sissy".
It makes absolutely perfect sense after reading this.
I hope it's considered. Both have a strong respect, magic, and value as differences in the art of self expression. That makes a lot of sense after reading this all. There are all sorts of levels to this subject.

Here is my take on the cross dresser vs. sissy question. I am definitely a cross dresser as I am always cross dressed to some extent 24/7. During the day when I appear dressed in my male clothing, I am always wearing lace panties. If I'm wearing long slacks, I'll also be wearing either nylons or fishnets under them. I always wear nylons (or fishnets), panties, bra, forms, nightie, and bracelets to bed. After dinner I put on a dress until I go to bed. I also put on a wig, earrings, and lipstick after dinner but take them off when I go to bed. Now, I would never presume that to be the description of a sissy. BUT......

If my wife wanted to dominate me, make me dress in outfits of her choosing, make me her cuckold, make me her cross-dressing servant in front of her friends, I'm all in as I would do anything I can to please her. Unfortunately for me, none of that will ever happen. Without developing feminine mannerisms or voice training, I believe the description I just gave would certainly qualify me as a sissy. If only that would happen for me. :love::love:

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
It's so cool to see people's different perspectives, motivation and definitions of these things.

I would say I'm more of a crossdresser. I love feminine clothes and things (especially bra and panties) but I have no desire to shave or wear a wig or do any sort of makeup. (Other than maybe paint my nails)

It's great to see people accepting and reflecting on their own situations and the thoughts of others.

Truthfully as long as you enjoy it and you're not hurting anyone you can define it how you want and go to the level you feel comfortable with.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Kayleigh
I've always thought sissy is a broad church and is almost whatever you want it to be - fairly innocently the term gets bandied about among boys for anyone being a bit girly (such as drinking a half instead of a pint), or even to a girl for being really girly. And I've always felt that's where cross-dressing takes me to.
Then at the other end of the scale are your full-on sissies being dominated, humiliated and becoming sex slaves.
CD? TV? Sissy? It's just a label - same as the clothes, if you're comfortable, wear it. We're all on our journeys, some who've trod the path before we have will probably know better than us where we're going!

Back