• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

How did you get into pacifiers?

suckababy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I know pacifiers are a pretty big hit in this community, and I was wondering what got you into them. Did you use one during childhood and never give it up, or did you get drawn to them later in life?

For me, I had one as a child and never wanted to give it up. I eventually had to because of my parents, but I never lost the urge to have one. After I got my own place I finhally bought my own adult paci! Now I have a few pacis and want to get all the different types! What’s your story?

I have a similar story where I also really enjoyed a pacifier and had to give it up with my upbringing. I recently added one of the LittleForBig pacis to an Amazon order and it brings back a lot of repressed memories and self-soothing at the same time.

one day i saw my sister using one and tried it and really liked it
i havent bought one or anything yet tho

I-I saw some people used it here and... well... I wanted to try too 😔 Since I did, I found out it's great, but I get tired and uncomfortable if I use it for extended periods, so I pick it sporadically 😊

My mom said I loved it when I was a baby, so it seems to be like getting back with an old friend 🥰

According to ppl who raised me I wasn't into pacifiers as a youngster. Rather, I preferred the leather covered, plastic nose of my favorite panda teddy.

I remember wanting one for first time when I was about 5 or 6. I was at daycare, and there was an Avent soothie on the white tile floor. sunlight was shining through a window onto the pacifier and the floor around it. I remember seeing the teal color and finding it beautiful. How much like candy the pacifier looked and wanting to put it in my mouth. Then an adult took it from me as I was examining it, deciding if I was gonna try it or not. So after that I tried to get one, lost several over the years and gave it up until after moving out. Then gave it up again for like 8 years until I found the ones I currently use.

I don't remember liking them as I kid, but they have become a fixture in my adult life, since my wife (RIP) got me to try sleeping with one, to see if it would cut down on my snoring. And it did !!!
My usage has gone way beyond just my sleeping times. I have one in my mouth right now as I type this. It feels so Good !!!
(But I can give them up at anytime - but just not right now !! LOL).

Back