How common is UTI and diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really had this issue before, then again. The high quality diapers are wear are designed to resist stuff like this.

Reactions: Palle and Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
I doubt you did any damage putting her in diapers when needed. If anything you showed her that they are nothing to be ashamed of and to use them when needed. But 100% a UTI can cause you to have bladder incontinence.

It could be the doctor gave her diapers just incase too. I mean maybe she just wanted her to be secure incase. Also I had a ER doctor once years ago gave me Pyridium for a infection and told me I should wear some pads because of how bad it stains. I had went for a infection but I did not tell him I was already a diaper user until after he suggested it. Pyridium is a medicine that numbs the urinary track but it turns your pee bright orange to a red tint. It will ruin anything it touches. I have several bed pads that are stained from using it or AZO's. It is a over the counter drug that does about the same.

I would not loose sleep over this. Just be proud she has the strength to set aside the stigma BS and do what is in her best interest. The worse case is she likes diapers. If she does that is Okay too.. Unless she is setting in a highchair with a diaper getting spoon fed on a National Network talk show it is not hurting anyone and she is old enough to make those choices. But I bet money she is telling you the truth. Women are fare more likely to catch a UTI and they also are more likely to develop incontinence symptoms from a number of things just because the nature of their short plumbing.

You sound like a great dad to worry. My daughter is about a year older and pregnant with her first and our first grand baby. She called me the other day and asked what pullups was the best for her. She told me she would be happy to wear them that baby was using her bladder as a spring board. LOL I thought it was awesome she called me and not her mother. She knew I had dealt with it and taught her that they are just a tool in life to get by.

I wish you my very best wishes. To me she sounds like a strong young lady that has lots of confidence, and that will take her places in life.
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words.
She was mostly a daddys girl and she always had an iron bladder after she managed to get fully potty trained, even if that took a while, But her UTIs apparently made it rust and leak resulting in heavy bedwetting issues and I would therefore assume that she told the doctor about the control issue at night and then got some free medical diapers prescribed.
But she really is a strong young woman that finds practical solutions to practical problems.
Her chair is normal height and she feeds herself. She are most probably not into diapers in any other way than to protect the bed when she has a UTI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperman95
Palle said:
From what can read it is important to seek help as soon as possible when you suspect a UTI.
But it is hard to find any information that a UTI can cause bedwetting.

When she was 7yr I never found it strange that she got the UTI and wet the bed, she did wet from time to time until this time but not so much at home.
She always had some diapers (not pull ups) in her dresser just i case, but she only wore those when we visited relatives or slept at a hotel.

But being a 10-12yr girl and only wet the bed while having a UTI?

I am still very curious if someone else has experienced this.
When I got uti,s could not control my urine output which caused problems later.

• Sad
Reactions: Palle
Palle said:
From what can read it is important to seek help as soon as possible when you suspect a UTI.
But it is hard to find any information that a UTI can cause bedwetting.

When she was 7yr I never found it strange that she got the UTI and wet the bed, she did wet from time to time until this time but not so much at home.
She always had some diapers (not pull ups) in her dresser just i case, but she only wore those when we visited relatives or slept at a hotel.

But being a 10-12yr girl and only wet the bed while having a UTI?

I am still very curious if someone else has experienced this.
Always get utis checked out. The bacteria that caused my pneumonia started as a UTI.

• Sad
Reactions: RoseofThorns and Palle
OmiOMy said:
Always get utis checked out. The bacteria that caused my pneumonia started as a UTI.
I can't agree more, the UTI my son got before his first birthday cost him half a kidney due to a genetically defect valve that made it easy for the UTI to pass to one of his kidneys.

Reactions: RoseofThorns
RoseofThorns said:
I've had a few catheters being in the hospital as a child and they can cause UTI. They always did bladder training with me before taking it out, that was painful. So without it the bladder isn't used to holding anything. As for the UTI, I'm prone to get them and the cause sudden urges of absolutely HAVING to p. Knowing I'm prone, though, I take cranberry pills daily. But yes, if one is suspected you should go to the dr as it can be bad or worse.
Sorry for being slow, but assuming you being potty trained at that occasion not knowing your age then, but since you have a memory I'm guessing older than 7yr and in my daughters case she became IC during her UTI both day and night. Was it the same for you back then?

My daughter also managed to get appendicitis when she was 15, almost 16 years old. We went to the hospital and they missed it, we got back again the day after but then it was to late. She became septic and they had to do a panic operation and sliced her open to clean and flush her inside. She was beat for several days and managed to get a UTI, they then switched her to diapers and she was apparently emptying her bladder by reflex so the diapers worked for her. After a couple more days she became more lucid but also aware of the diaper which embarrassed her. but she still needed it 24/7 until we got home and a few more days at night at home, just in case. We got plenty of youth diapers from the hospital.

When she was 23 she visited me for a weekend. Sha had got a bad UTI again and she was wearing Tena incontinence pad to bed and it really looked cute on her under her panties, looked like she was going to manage any accident without any problems. If she only knew that I were into diapers...

Palle said:
Sorry for being slow, but assuming you being potty trained at that occasion not knowing your age then, but since you have a memory I'm guessing older than 7yr and in my daughters case she became IC during her UTI both day and night. Was it the same for you back then?

My daughter also managed to get appendicitis when she was 15, almost 16 years old. We went to the hospital and they missed it, we got back again the day after but then it was to late. She became septic and they had to do a panic operation and sliced her open to clean and flush her inside. She was beat for several days and managed to get a UTI, they then switched her to diapers and she was apparently emptying her bladder by reflex so the diapers worked for her. After a couple more days she became more lucid but also aware of the diaper which embarrassed her. but she still needed it 24/7 until we got home and a few more days at night at home, just in case. We got plenty of youth diapers from the hospital.

When she was 23 she visited me for a weekend. Sha had got a bad UTI again and she was wearing Tena incontinence pad to bed and it really looked cute on her under her panties, looked like she was going to manage any accident without any problems. If she only knew that I were into diapers...
I was 5 when diagnosed. Had appendicitis, too. They did exploratory surgery. The catheters didn't cause UTI for me, I think that's what the medicine was for. But i do think they over stretched my bladder as I'll over hold now and I'm trying not to do i don't cause more harm. My first UTI my DR found during a test as I was asymptomatic but the next 2 I wasn't but caught them early. That's why i stay on the cranberry pills bc I don't want another asymptomatic UTI. I do get urge and stress ic at times though

Reactions: sport1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back