Hotel / Travel Advice

juvenba76

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hey folks, 3 Q’s…
I’m traveling across the country by plane and staying for at least a week. I’m getting (at least) 2 packs of diapers shipped to a hotel. I’m already familiar with the disposal procedure of wet and dirty ones reading other posts..
(1) How do you guys deal with leaving the clean diapers/packages around the room? I prefer keeping them bedside or just the bathroom when I’m at home. Anything I can expect from the staff if they see the diaper packs or powder/pants/etc.?
Will they move them around when I’m out?
Also,
(2) I have a preference for a nighttime diaper with specific leak guards for containment purposes, but they’re the abdl printed ones and nothing generic. So I figure buying packs of just those will be easier for the duration. Would you be worried about staff seeing those diapers versus generic ones?
(3) Bonus Q.. for the folks that look to find some enjoyment or change of pace being alone with a diaper, what’s something you would do in a hotel given I’ll have 3 or 4 days spent literally without going out at all except to eat.
Thanks everyone!

Why would you leave them openly on show if you have concerns about what hotel staff might think? In my opinion there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't leave the diapers etc either in a your bag or in a drawer

Reactions: ThickandComfy, thickdiapers and PianoMusic1
A couple of thoughts come to mind:

the hotel staff will likely not care very much. Or they will have opinions and maybe gossip, but you probably won't hear anything of it, and you probably won't see any sideways glances. This is if you choose to leave them out in the open...but why do that?

There is always the option of placing the sign on the outside of the door that indicates you do not wish that the room be cleaned during your stay. I twice had to spend a week in a hotel while attending a few training courses and this is what I did.

It might be best just to get a big trash bag or a suitcase to store your belongings in. It's unlikely the staff will go through it.

Last edited:
leicesterfan - I thought about just stuffing them somewhere. But I’m also not bringing any large luggage and the bag I bring is probably full/not big enough. Kind of hard to stow away up to 4 bags of diapers in there.😅 Just curious if anyone else was conscious about where they usually keep their clean diapers when it’s in bulk. It’s been a while for me traveling with them and I was never really conscious about the confidry 24/7 ones I had long ago because they were white.

Anyway just brainstorming at the moment. Any input from anyone helps. 🍻

Reactions: ThePaddedGolfer
Are you renting a car? If you are. You could keep what you would need in the room and then store everything else in the trunk. That would allow you to have an easier time putting them away. Since the majority would be the trunk of the rental locked securely away. I worked maintenance at 2 different hotels and I know nobody would go through drawers or closets of an occupied room. From my experience with housekeepers and my experience as hotel maintenance I can that if they just see items in your room they aren't paying attention to it. We were always working at a fast pace whenever inside a guests room. In and out as quick as possible because there's always something needing done ASAP. Now if you were to improperly disposing them a housekeeper will probably gossip and potentially making other staff aware but as you've stated that's probably not gonna happen. I personally think you'd be fine if you had your items in there. I'd still make an active effort to keep them put away though not out of shame or paranoia but I've never been a person to leave ANYTHING (not just diapers but everything) in eyesight in my room while I wasn't there because I don't like the idea of someone stealing my things.

Thanks for that info.. no car in manhattan though haha

juvenba76 said:
Thanks for that info.. no car in manhattan though haha
Lol Being in such a big city I think there would be less worry about what housekeeping may see in regards to the quantity of your supplies or having them in general. I have a feeling they've seen more then their fair share of things across tons of different avenues of people. It makes me feel stronger in saying they don't care, they're just trying to get done as quick as possible because they have another 30+ rooms to clean on their schedules.

I will guarantee that the hotel housekeeping staff in Manhattan will have seen so much that your diapers won't even make an impression on them. I would probably put anything other than a small supply in the dresser drawers but wouldn't be concerned at all about having a few diapers and supplies on the counter. In most hotels they won't touch anything that belongs to the guest that isn't obviously trash, and even in those that do, it's usually just moving things like from the bed to the counter so they can make the bed and/or change the sheets.

Back