Hot weather while diapered.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've been IC since the beginning. So I'm always diapered. Here in Michigan, I live on the western dunes along the Great Lake and most of the time we have a pretty good wind. But sometimes the weather becomes hot, no wind and it gets humid. That's the worse. As long as I have air conditioning I'm fine. But later this summer and the weather was really hot and humid, the AC wasn't working and I was dying.

Most of the time I wear some sweat pants or loose shorts. But the heat was just too hot. It's not an option to take off my diaper. So around the house I just went around in only my diaper. At least if I didn't have visitors. I was using a fan but it was still super humid. So I didn't wear any clothes.

When I was a kid I was allowed to run around in just my diaper and t-shirt. Until I started to feel uncomfortable when visitors came by. So today I always wear something
to cover my diaper. Until when this weather came on. Do you run around in just a diaper? I kind of feel naked in just a diaper. But sometimes it's just too hot.

Reactions: Diprs2
When I'm having a rough day with my health, and need to stay home as a result, I just wear a diaper and t-shirt and keep a pair of gym shorts nearby. That said, I'm in the middle of a massive remodel of my home, so the only rooms that are functional are the master bedroom/bathroom and the laundry room. I do have a fridge in the great room temporarily. So the only reason I exit my wing of the house is to get something from the fridge or take out trash. Also, all window coverings are down for now, which is no big thing, as the great room windows that would expose me are along the back of the house, 12 feet above the ground, facing into the woods. The only way someone would see me in a diaper in my home is if they ascended the 20 ft tall staircase at the far end of my elevated deck and I happened to exit my bedroom.

Now that I've described how it's almost impossible for me to be seen in my own house... My neighbor and I had to have several large trees removed recently behind our homes. My neighbor had to remove a large length of his wrought iron fencing for the trees to be removed, and it took several months for him to get a company to come out and put the fence back together. So I was talking to my neighbor the other day and he informed me that every time they let their dog out, the dog would make a beeline to my deck, as there was not a fence to keep the dog penned in. So they were constantly on my deck retrieving their dog. I had no clue. And I have no clue if they saw me in a diaper and t-shirt. So now I will pull on gym shorts before leaving my bedroom until the new shudders are installed!

Summer is diaper and t shirt, I'll put some breathable shorts on if I'm going outside.... heat doesn't bother me, unless we're walking around Disney in the summer months....

when i'm alone in my apartment i wear only a diaper and sleep that way too its the only way to go when i know there is no one coming by to see me!

Last edited:
I wear a TENA Ultimate Extra pull-up during the day for accident prevention. On hot days, it can be rather sweaty down there. Some days when I am just around the house, I'll use a TENA guard instead. I don't trust them for going out but around the house it can be a little more comfortable in the heat. Of course, if the bowels are acting up, then the guard is out of the question.

At home, diaper and t-shirt all the way.
specially with the heat waves lately, usually stick with medical diapers then.
always got a pair of shorts close-by though.
Sometimes i'll switch it up and just wear shorts with no shirt 😅

Last edited:
Wearing diapers this time of year in the northern hemisphere can be challenging, heat and humidity!! I live in usually moderate Seattle, but these last few summers have only been getting hotter and hotter. This week alone, we have had 4 or 5 days in the 90s. I know that isn't as hot as some places, but it's also relative, as so few peozhave AC. Luckily we have AC, and we definitely use it. But going out can be uncomfortable, especially if I have to wear pants. Work is somewhat cool, but not as cool as I'd like it. For me, it's a grin and bare it time, waiting for the cooler weather to return. But I don't have a choice with diapers, as I'm incontinent and diapers 24/7. At least at home I wear nothing but a diaper and t-shirt!

I use the TENA Slip Active Fit all-in-ones and have found that the padding breaks up if I get too hot and sweaty as well as wet and have to change more often to avoid leaks. I also used to get terrible nappy rash but have found using Johnson's Baby lotion whenever I change stops it as well as keeping me a bit fresher. At night I avoid wearing plastic pants over my nappy and accept that I may have some leaks. Consciously drinking a lot more water throughout the day also means I have to change more often and at night I will frequently go through two nappies...assuming I actually wake up!

Reactions: Diprs2, SAPexpanded and (deleted member)
Here in Spain in the Mediterranean valencian coast it’s becoming hotter and hotter and this year it’s feeling close to unbearable, but as most of you guys, I wear diaper and t-shirt too. I don’t like these months cause they’re the only ones when I have diaper rash because of sweat and more ammonia due to heat, and as I remain with one leg “complete feeling” and there’s times a single move hurts as pure fire in your genitalia-inner legs 😞😞😞 and it’s nasty! But wearing just the diaper I think it’s the finest way to dress at your own during those hell burning days.

99% of the time while at home im in just a diaper as our apartment unless its really cold then, all my family know I wear for an ic issue so theres no need to hide the fact. When we have visitors Im fully dressed but when my sister inlaw or mom stops by to visit my wife and I im in just my diaper most times thats started about a year ago when they stopped by while I was napping in the living room and my wife didnt bother to wake me up to get dressed now its a non issue me just being in a diaper .

I got problems with the diapers my insurance pays me, they are with foil, not cotton. I got really sweaty at my lower back and had problems with my skin, so i bought some Pull-UPs and Molicare Premium Elastic on my own cost, which helped a lot.

I can not run in a diaper only at home, my wife knows, but i did not tell my son and i do not want him to see me in them.

When I need to go to work, do yard work or any outdoor activities i wear a Tena ultimate slip with cotton feel.
If not i wear a better dry if i can stay in my air-conditioned room.
I sometimes use a bard Cunningham clamp but i got folliculitis from using it too much, i cannot place the clamp a bit lower since there's no more room :s all these surgeries made the shaft shrink too much

Diaper and t-shirt are the way to go at home for me. When I have to go to the office, it can get pretty warm, so I'm glad they have central air. I'd probably sweat my clothes through otherwise! I do hate the way that plastic traps crotch heat. I have the poor sense to make large purchases of plastic backed diapers too close to summer and then I'm stuck with them. 😅

Back