Hook and loop reusability

DownUnderRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I have started wearing hook and loop diapers (Bambinos M during the day, and Tykables Overnights L at night) as an underwear replacement. I'm not using it for wetting, though, as doing this with my previous thicker Rearz diapers (while nice at first) turned into a nuisance after a while and too much of a commitment.

These Bambinos are thinner and are comfortable during the day, in particular for work. I can just open them up slightly and pee, without it leading to bigger issues. It helped me feeling more comfortable to wear all day now.

How often can you refasten those hook and loop tapes, though? Will the diapers start coming apart after reusing them (not for wetting) for a few days?

Reactions: Tomtomthedl
I have used hook and look during the day and opened my diaper to urinate out of the diaper. They were able to be refastened all through the day and stayed intact overnight so that they held my overnight wetting with no leaks.
I can’t comment on multiple days but based on my experience you should at least be able to go more than a day.

Don't know about the hook & loop ones, but I've worn other nappies to sleep in for several nights without wetting and - like a pair of underpants - they can get a big pongy after a couple of days. You'll always above the odd droplet after you've been to the toilet, even if you've used toilet paper, plus there's not a lot of ventilation in a nappy as it's designed to seal around you to prevent leakages, so smells in a warm, insulated place are going to build up. I also found quite a bit of bunching of absorbent material occurred between the inner liner and the outer liner, so eventually wetting in those circumstances can be a bit risky.

M
Diapersntights said:
Don't know about the hook & loop ones, but I've worn other nappies to sleep in for several nights without wetting and - like a pair of underpants - they can get a big pongy after a couple of days. You'll always above the odd droplet after you've been to the toilet, even if you've used toilet paper, plus there's not a lot of ventilation in a nappy as it's designed to seal around you to prevent leakages, so smells in a warm, insulated place are going to build up. I also found quite a bit of bunching of absorbent material occurred between the inner liner and the outer liner, so eventually wetting in those circumstances can be a bit risky.
Maybe change after work (around 4pm) into another (reusable) diaper and wipe all around prior to putting the next on. Then take a shower in the evening and switch to overnights? Like that at least it'd air out, the first diaper dries from sweat (on plastic) and bacteria doesn't build up on skin. Wouldn't that help with preventing rashes?

Reactions: Diapersntights
Sounds like a plan to me - you'd probably get longer out of them, wearing in shifts, so long as you can bare to take one off.

DownUnderRoo said:
Hi all,

I have started wearing hook and loop diapers (Bambinos M during the day, and Tykables Overnights L at night) as an underwear replacement. I'm not using it for wetting, though, as doing this with my previous thicker Rearz diapers (while nice at first) turned into a nuisance after a while and too much of a commitment.

These Bambinos are thinner and are comfortable during the day, in particular for work. I can just open them up slightly and pee, without it leading to bigger issues. It helped me feeling more comfortable to wear all day now.

How often can you refasten those hook and loop tapes, though? Will the diapers start coming apart after reusing them (not for wetting) for a few days?
I do the same thing. I just wear for comfort/fun. I use the barnyard from rearz and dinoroarz from ABU. Both work for two nights of wear or a night and all day. I have stretched it out a little on the weekends. Those are my goto options.

Reactions: DownUnderRoo
Back