Hogwarts Legacy

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So I got to play my Hogwarts legacy on Thursday (was a birthday pressie so had to wait), gotta say I'm loving it so far, possibly about halfway through. There is actually quite a lot to do and it feel like it fits into the world well, plays pretty smooth with decent enough controls, man I love just cruising around on the broom, and combat is pretty fluid with a bit of skill needed to master it.

Any one else playing it?

Reactions: LittleScotty, Deleted member 63979 and Cottontail
I've not played it, but have added it to my list of reasons to get a PS5. I think I've almost reached the "buy" threshold, heh.

Reactions: Belarin
I have been playing it for about two weeks now. I have enjoyed it so far, and have pretty much been binge playing the game.

I've been tempted by it ever since it's release, I hear and read only good things. I'm huge Potter fan. Does the game ragout immerse you into that world?
Also it's a shame there's no quidditch 😕

LittleScotty said:
I've been tempted by it ever since it's release, I hear and read only good things. I'm huge Potter fan. Does the game ragout immerse you into that world?
Also it's a shame there's no quidditch 😕
I'm also a huge potter fan, and I'd say it does a fairly good job of putting you in the world but it is not a "Hogwarts simulator" it plays very much like an extended movie in that although the game world is open and you can choose what to do and there is plenty of freedom to explore and faff around in there is a pretty linear plot going on, which has actually been pretty good so far worthy of the series at least, it's clear they have a story to tell.

Yeah it's a shame Quidditch isn't in there and there could be some more things a little more interactive and practice/skill based, for instance potion making could be more involved and not just "interact with cauldron, choose potion and wait some time" you could stir it with an analogue stick with smoother and more consistent motion providing better results, timed adding of ingredients, prepping ingredients (cutting, crushing, pealing etc.).

I personally would have also put in a mastery system for spells where after learning it it is weak and perhaps fails sometimes and the more you use a certain spell the better/more reliable it's effects become over time, there could also be some fun little "time waster" activities like gobstones, wizard chess etc.

Overall though I'd say it is worth playing and it is very nice to see a good single player story driven game that works well after EA announced a couple years back that they think these type of games have had their day and are now dead.

Reactions: WillFord384, lilithra, Cottontail and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
I've not played it, but have added it to my list of reasons to get a PS5. I think I've almost reached the "buy" threshold, heh.
In April they are releasing a version to play on older systems

Belarin said:
I'm also a huge potter fan, and I'd say it does a fairly good job of putting you in the world but it is not a "Hogwarts simulator" it plays very much like an extended movie in that although the game world is open and you can choose what to do and there is plenty of freedom to explore and faff around in there is a pretty linear plot going on, which has actually been pretty good so far worthy of the series at least, it's clear they have a story to tell.

Yeah it's a shame Quidditch isn't in there and there could be some more things a little more interactive and practice/skill based, for instance potion making could be more involved and not just "interact with cauldron, choose potion and wait some time" you could stir it with an analogue stick with smoother and more consistent motion providing better results, timed adding of ingredients, prepping ingredients (cutting, crushing, pealing etc.).

I personally would have also put in a mastery system for spells where after learning it it is weak and perhaps fails sometimes and the more you use a certain spell the better/more reliable it's effects become over time, there could also be some fun little "time waster" activities like gobstones, wizard chess etc.

Overall though I'd say it is worth playing and it is very nice to see a good single player story driven game that works well after EA announced a couple years back that they think these type of games have had their day and are now dead.
I like your review. Yes, the Game is linear and the potions and herbology things would have been awesome to be more expanded. Like the room of requirements... Is very wasted in my opinion.
The Game is very well made, and I thing that It would have been awesome so make a Game like this World Updatable and with expansions. So that the developers can add regions to the game, and more content. It's very wasted to do a stand alone.

foxkits said:
In April they are releasing a version to play on older systems

Is it coming to PC do you know? I could not in good conscience tender money for it but if it is easily piratable I'd probably be curious to give it a go.

lilithra said:
I like your review. Yes, the Game is linear and the potions and herbology things would have been awesome to be more expanded. Like the room of requirements... Is very wasted in my opinion.
The Game is very well made, and I thing that It would have been awesome so make a Game like this World Updatable and with expansions. So that the developers can add regions to the game, and more content. It's very wasted to do a stand alone.
Totally agree with you. It could have been a bit more complex with the story and some game functions, but honestly it’s a great first game from a studio whose last game was a Hannah Montana game. This game success should lead to the studio getting lot a lot more money to make a sequel

Reactions: Belarin and lilithra
LilRy99 said:
Totally agree with you. It could have been a bit more complex with the story and some game functions, but honestly it’s a great first game from a studio whose last game was a Hannah Montana game. This game success should lead to the studio getting lot a lot more money to make a sequel
totally agree, considering their last games they did an amazing job with this and deserve a boost to reputation and more big projects.

Reactions: LittleScotty
Back