Not open for further replies.

teddytugger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
It seems like this should already have been answered, but I can't find an answer here or elsewhere. I bought the Leakmaster night weight prefolds along with some well hefty adult baby pins recommended elsewhere in the forums. While I've been able to get an "adequate" self diapering, I feel like there must be some good pointers.

In particular, I like the feeling of a tight diapering but can't figure out how to reliably accomplish it with cloth, let alone diapering myself. I also have the Rearz bulky ones with velcro, which are a cinch to close nice and tight.

I appreciate any help!

Last edited:
I am by no means an expert with cloth diapers, but the times I have worn them, I can say the fit tends to be less restrictive when using pre-folds with pins. Without the Velcro to help pull it all tight, the pin system will keep it in place but very comfortably in my opinion. Cloth has a natural give that stretches a bit and that helps them feel so nice when wearing.
I would think trying different folds will also yield different fits. Just Google cloth diaper folds. There are ton of videos for both babies and adults (same concept in any case).

I am fortunate that the majority of the time my wife diapers me. She has the ability to get the angle and the leverage on each side. So when she does it they are very comfortably snug! Sometimes as she is cinching them up she will smile and say, "your just not getting out of these". And she is right. I don't want to, cloth just feels to damn good!

But occasionally I have to diaper my self. For me it is usually a 2 step process. I use the same leakmaster diapers, both day and night pre-fold. We are probably using the same large 3 inch pins as well.

When I first put the diaper on, lying down I pin each side as snugly as I can. I am right handed so I start by pinning my left side first. Then when I do the right side, it is not as awkward and I can get a little more leverage and pull the diaper more snugly around my waist. That usually is sufficient if I am just going to be laying down as I use plastic pants on top anyways.

But, if I am going to be up moving around. I will go in the bathroom and using the mirror, I will re-pin each side and get a much snugger fit, again starting with the left side first.

It really is more challenging trying to self-diaper using cloth. You have to get the pins at the right angle so they slide in just right and not poke your finger or your side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back