Help Please! Diaper Advice Needed

ItsN3koBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi thanks for reading this

I have incontinence and was recently got switched from pullon Prevails diapers to Prevail Tabbed diapers by my doctor because pullons where not good enough for my IC issue and for the life of me I can't seem to get them on right I've never messed with tabbed diapers before and this is a new experience for me and I'm needed to see if anyone has advice on how to put them on they are the reusable tabs and they also gave me a pad to put into them but not even tried with that yet so advice with them is helpful to (Attached Pictures of what I'm working with)

Thanks again
-N3koBoi

Attachments

• 20200203_181118 (1).jpg
    20200203_181118 (1).jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 17
Watch a few YouTube videos on how to change a diaper. See if you can apply those to your case.

I find it easier to put a nappy on when lying down.
a, unfold the nappy. Then fold it half length ways and gently press down the center line. Open it up again and lay it out flat. Make sure the leak guards are standing up.

b, leave about 1/3rd of the nappy hanging over the edge of the bed.

c. Sit on the nappy and make sure the back comes up to about waist level. lay backwards on it and pull the front up between your legs, making sure you take out any slack from under your bottom..

D. Make sure the front wings are tucked in neatly around your hips and waist. Then bring the rear wings and tapes across them. Fasten the lower tapes first, you are aiming for a snug fit. Finally fasten the top tapes again for a snug fit around your waist.

If you are new to nappies it does take some getting use to. If you have a partner perhaps get them too help you initially.

Its actually easier to put the diaper, getting things lined up while standing up with your back against a wall.

Reactions: Lyokodl and Yooo
From what it seems, the smaller package contains make "guards". Those go in regular underwear and have a waterproof back sheet. If you put them in the diapers you will have problems. You either have to wear them as guards, or cut slits in the back sheet (very carefully) to use as a booster.

There are some great tutorials on you tube that show you how to put in a taped diaper correctly, but over a short period of time you will get the hang of it and it will become second nature. I would recommend getting diapers you can trust like Megamax from northshore or Betterdry they may be bulky but they will work way better then retail brand diapers.

no one will notice the slight bulge but wet pants from a diaper that leaked is really noticable

Different diapers have different ways of being put on ( example: Tykables VS Crinklz VS Rearz VS ABU ) ... your body shape also has to be considered.
Eventually, with enough experimentation, you can learn what is best for your body and brands of diaper.

I've personally found diapering myself standing up against a wall gets the most secure results. The one "Little One" I take care of, gets diapered laying down ... the other "Little One" gets diapered standing up .

Last edited:
I never did get the hang of putting a nappy on standing up. and when I was in hospital in May for hand surgery 2 male nurses had to change me and they wanted to do it with me standing. Now you would think that nurses would know how to put a nappy on either a real baby or an adult - wrong as soon as they let go of it, it fell round my ankles, even I can do better than that

N3koBoi said:
Hi thanks for reading this

I have incontinence and was recently got switched from pullon Prevails diapers to Prevail Tabbed diapers by my doctor because pullons where not good enough for my IC issue and for the life of me I can't seem to get them on right I've never messed with tabbed diapers before and this is a new experience for me and I'm needed to see if anyone has advice on how to put them on they are the reusable tabs and they also gave me a pad to put into them but not even tried with that yet so advice with them is helpful to (Attached Pictures of what I'm working with)

Thanks again
-N3koBoi
hey I myself am IC though i've had it since I was born and I know how you feel I usually default on ABDL brands that work for me

side note: cute avatar by the way

Back