Help me get rid of this on my phone please!

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
IMG_0041.png
I can't have my friend see this as this is his phone I'm borrowing. I need this gone but I don't know how to get rid of the adisc.org activity.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, BBBen and Cottontail
At the bottom of your screen time options there should be something that disables tracking of the feature. That may clear things for you...

FYI if this is a device you're worried about others seeing I would take care to use the private browsing option in safari. It won't track any of the data or keep cookies that way.

Reactions: CuriousFabio, AttilaThePun, theancientmariner and 3 others
sofiahammerstein said:
the bottom of your screen time options there should be something that disables tracking of the feature. That may clear things for you...
Yeah, I just played with Screen Time on my iPhone. Disabling and Re-enabling web tracking did clear things, although it wasn’t instantaneous. (After re-enabling, the old data still appeared for about a minute. Then it was refreshed and disappeared.)

Unfortunately, if the screen time settings have been protected with a password, there’s probably nothing to be done but hope that your friend doesn’t look. :/

Can't you just hold a finger on the item and get an option screen to delete?

Reactions: AttilaThePun and BBBen
You could also disable screen time off your iPhone, unless there is a password that’s blocking that.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Here's an idea...if you are borrowing someone's phone, just use it to talk someone. Don't look at anything beyond the talking. Always.

Reactions: sbmccue, subhubby1968, ianwee and 3 others
SmallJay said:
You could also disable screen time off your iPhone, unless there is a password that’s blocking that.
That's what I did and it worked! Thank you so much friend.🤗

Reactions: ianwee, AttilaThePun and SmallJay
greatlake5 said:
Here's an idea...if you are borrowing someone's phone, just use it to talk someone. Don't look at anything beyond the talking. Always.
It was given it me for work. That's the only reason I'm even using an Iphone. He said just keep it. It's my regular phone now, but still considered his.

I'd say "buy it". If you can't remedy the matter, you might just have to.

theancientmariner said:
It was given it me for work.
I keep a pretty hard line between work and play (or "church" and "state", not necessarily in that order). Yeah, it is an additional cost (in dollars, and weight when I travel) to have my own laptop and phone, but that avoids all the security software and restrictions the company requires on its equipment. My home Internet router has a "guest wifi" function that I configured for my work devices to keep them isolated from my household network and servers.

And, if my phone dies during an emergency, the work phone will probably work.

Reactions: theancientmariner, AttilaThePun and BobbiSueEllen
Glad you were able to get it off. Ain't technology grand!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Sealander, theancientmariner and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
I'd say "buy it". If you can't remedy the matter, you might just have to.
Nope! I'm already struggling adjusting to apple. I'm an Android guy! I hate using this iphone.

• Love
Reactions: ShippoFox, AttilaThePun and BobbiSueEllen
littleFeathers said:
I keep a pretty hard line between work and play (or "church" and "state", not necessarily in that order). Yeah, it is an additional cost (in dollars, and weight when I travel) to have my own laptop and phone, but that avoids all the security software and restrictions the company requires on its equipment.
Same here. I am nearly OCD to ensure the two stay seperate. Even on my own personal phone I NEVER use regular browsing, nor do I save ANYTHING that I don't want prying eyes to see.
We have a password book the wife & I keep. We know all of the passwords to each of our stuff. Things like this website are in my memory only, never written down anywhere.
My passwords are hard to crack as they are made of the first letter of each word in a phrase or sentance. I thrown in numbers and symbols and wala a strong password that is super easy to remember but hard to crack by a 3rd person. Then again working 25 years in private security sector helps too, lol

Reactions: dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
Back