• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaDroid

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hey there,

I'm technically new to adisc but my husband has been on and sharing posts with me for a long time to help me understand.
My husband is an AB/DL and shared this piece of his life with me about two years ago.
It's been a long road, but recently I've found myself more willing and trying more to participate and support. I feel like I struggle mostly with being a caregiver. I am a preschool teacher and I'm challenged to find what fits into what "box". I'm not sure how else to explain it. I don't want to blur the lines and bring my personal life to school or vice versa. To be a teacher is very different than being a mama. I am definitely still learning and appreciate any advice/insight.

In our daily life we love to kayak, watch movies, play DnD, and just spend time together :)

Happy to be here and hoping to learn!

Welcome to ADISC MamaDroid! I'm in no way an expert on anything care-related, I just wanted to welcome you to the site. Obviously we are a support group and help each other as much as we can. There have been similar posts like yours with some really good advice, so I will let the care experts take over from here. In the mean time, read, ask questions and maybe start another thread of your own!

Hello MamaDroid.
welcome to ADISC.

Being a mummy can be a handful. (Just ask mine), so you and your Husband need to have a sit down and have an adult conversation and maybe set one or two ground rules. One of the first questions could be is there a sexual component to your husbands AB/DL if so what if anything does he expect from you? I'm assuming he wears nappies (Diapers) and possibly waterproof pants. What age does he identify as when in little mode/space. Is he going to use his nappies to wet in or wet and soil and does he expect you to change him? What does he like? does he want bottle feeding, or to use a dummy (paci), does he want you to bathe him or put him on the "potty". How often does he expect you to be his mummy? Is he going to wear nappies outside of the house? If he does, will he expect you to change him in a disabled bathroom or similar? (I do wear nappies when I'm out and about tbut that is due to incontinence and if Mummy and I are out in public I always change myself.

More importantly what do you want to get out of this relationship? You need to set out what you are and aren't prepared to do and if necessary be firm about it. If you are doing something with him that makes you uncomfortable you need to discuss it as adults. Do either or both of you want to use a safe word if things get too heavy.

Any rules you do set initially can always be reviewed or changed later on as the mummy/child relationship develops.

The relationship is unlikely to affect your role as a teacher although your experience with pre-school children may be very useful to you.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well, it can be a very fulfilling relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back