Heavy Metal

GoatZombie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Heavy metal music's probably my biggest passion outside of AB/DL. How many other metal fans are there here? Old school, NWOBHM, thrash, glam, death metal, black metal, modern metal, any kind. What are your favourite bands or preferred subgenres?

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
I like most styles of heavy metal, but extreme metal is what I'm most drawn to. Some of my favourite bands:

Alestorm
Bathory
Belphegor
Black Sabbath
Burzum
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Dark Funeral
Death
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Ghost
Gorgoroth
Katatonia
King Diamond
Korn
Mayhem
The Misfits
Possessed
Rammstein
Satan's Wrath
Shining
Slayer
Slipknot
Turisas
Uncle Acid & the Deabeats
Venom
Watain
Wednesday 13
Xasthur

Reactions: Kirisin
GoatZombie said:
I like most styles of heavy metal, but extreme metal is what I'm most drawn to. Some of my favourite bands:

Alestorm
Bathory
Belphegor
Black Sabbath
Burzum
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Dark Funeral
Death
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Ghost
Gorgoroth
Katatonia
King Diamond
Korn
Mayhem
The Misfits
Possessed
Rammstein
Satan's Wrath
Shining
Slayer
Slipknot
Turisas
Uncle Acid & the Deabeats
Venom
Watain
Wednesday 13
Xasthur
I to am a big fan but you missed a few
Some of these are glam metal speed metal but metal genre all the same
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Ratt
Motley Crue
Poison
Quiet Riot
Anthrax
Twisted Sister
Vixen
AC/DC
Autograph
Firehouse
Cinderella
Skid Row
Striper
Kiss
Dio
Pantera
Moterhead
Mastodon
Nickelback
Nelson's
Queensryche
Guns N Roses
And my personal favorite Scorpions

I kinda went old school on you and still missed a few. But then metal was just becoming a genre in the late seventys with a few as you mentioned with Black Sabbath and AC/DC even earlier.

One of my favorite metal bands is Strapping Young Lad. The song Detox is incredible.

• Love
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and Kirisin
I thought you meant the magazine and movies

Heavy metal

I am a massive fan of them😁

I also like the music as well though 👍

I was a metalhead in high school but I started getting more into EDM around 2012 when a bunch of my favorite bands came out with shitty albums (Dream Theater, The Faceless, Between The Buried and Me, Iron Maiden etc.). I've recently gotten back into Meshuggah really hardcore as well as heavier things like Pig Destroyer, Wormed, Death, and proggier stuff like Animals as Leaders and new Dream Theater with Mike Mangini on drums. Catch Thirtythree is probably my favorite metal album of all time.

Saltedcaramel64 said:
One of my favorite metal bands is Strapping Young Lad. The song Detox is incredible.
I opened for Devin Townsend back in 2010 when I was a drummer in a metal band. I would send you some of our music but I don't want to doxx myself lol.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
We saw Rammstein a while ago. Don't know in what category that falls but it was awesome 🤘

Lortimer said:
I opened for Devin Townsend back in 2010 when I was a drummer in a metal band. I would send you some of our music but I don't want to doxx myself lol.
That is really amazing! Id love to hear your music, but I totally get your point about privacy. When I was a teenager Devin Townsend worked at the A&W in town. It really is a small world sometimes.

I really love the Scorpions. Big fan since I heard the first song The Zoo. There has been Iverson the years between the Schenker brother. Rudolf who founded the Scorpions and his brother Michael. Understandably they disagreed on Direction with Klaus and Mathis Jabbs and Rudolf going down the more Ballads road. Michael formed MSG (Michael Schenker Group). They wanted to stay more Metal. Course that wasn't gonna happen totally Michael brought along former Scorpions Hermon Rareball and Francis Buchholz along. Both left Scorpions for that reason. Uli Jon Roth also is an amazing metal guitarist who left early to expand a solo career. As you can see I'm diehard lol this just kinda popped in my head reading some more posts I love Uli and I live MSG but I love the Scorpions most.

Grrrr I hate spell check anyway you get the gist of it

my top 2 heavy metal bands are Sabbath and Maiden. Sabbath created heavy metal back in the 70's. That's my favorite type of music. bands that followed that heavy evil style is what I love, but nobody did it like Tony Iommi and Ozzy.

If you've never seen Maiden play live, you don't know what you missed. Out of any metal band out there, they have the best performances, and the metal they produced was out of this world. No other band can make the unique sound maiden has. Bruce's high pitched voice was exactly what the 80' needed.

I don't like the new metal they make now. It isn't heavy anymore. What happened to 'heavy' metal? Nobody makes it anymore, nobody wants to go back to the root of why we loved metal in the 1st place? I don't hear any new metal now days that's worth headbanging to. I only seem to find that in older metal. Yes, I know there's other subgenres out there, but is it too much to ask for some old school metal?

Iron Maiden is my 2nd favorite band infact my favorite song is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I would agree with you about Black Sabbath completely they where the first. They created the sound, the Genre. I would also insert Judas Priest. My wife says I don't like these guys I laughed 😂 you gotta take Priest with the rest so she lives with it. Hay it's speed metal and nobody does speed metal better. I have this free download site where I've downloaded so much music. They used to say nobody can listen to that much music. I suppose they didn't know truckers listen to music. Unlike the old days you don't put in a cassette and listen to it over and over again. I just plug my laptop in to the trucks stereo throw all my music on a medi player and I can listen for 2 months and never hear the same song twice well except for the ones that have multiple versions. Anyway I ran into Bruce Dickenson solo stuff not much different then Iron Maiden.

Shannara said:
Iron Maiden is my 2nd favorite band infact my favorite song is Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I would agree with you about Black Sabbath completely they where the first. They created the sound, the Genre. I would also insert Judas Priest. My wife says I don't like these guys I laughed 😂 you gotta take Priest with the rest so she lives with it. Hay it's speed metal and nobody does speed metal better. I have this free download site where I've downloaded so much music. They used to say nobody can listen to that much music. I suppose they didn't know truckers listen to music. Unlike the old days you don't put in a cassette and listen to it over and over again. I just plug my laptop in to the trucks stereo throw all my music on a medi player and I can listen for 2 months and never hear the same song twice well except for the ones that have multiple versions. Anyway I ran into Bruce Dickenson solo stuff not much different then Iron Maiden.
I used to truck for amazon, and can confirm that the amount of music we listen to is gargantuan. Had all of it with a nice pair of Bose earphones with the electric noise cancelation. I haven't really checked out Bruce's solo stuff before. Dose that piece sound that similar to Maiden? Might be worth checking out I guess.

I have around 11,000 songs. The thing is I like every kind of music genres except Rap/ Hip Hop. I just throw them all in and hit play. Where else can you get Iron Maiden and then George Strait then The Carpenters to AC/DC next. If your interested in the link to Download Bruce let me know.

Antientmariner said:
I used to truck for amazon, and can confirm that the amount of music we listen to is gargantuan. Had all of it with a nice pair of Bose earphones with the electric noise cancelation. I haven't really checked out Bruce's solo stuff before. Dose that piece sound that similar to Maiden? Might be worth checking out I guess.
Yes he sounds much like Iron Maiden. Even includes some of Maiden his covers remind me of Dio. He is big into the fantasy stuff which is pretty kool.

I decided what should I wait for you to ask. So when you get in there put in the bands name then the name of the album. More often then not it will give you the whole album. Sometimes it's not all there so you haft to do a search for that missing song. I use FireFox for this because it's easier so you go into settings and click on downloads. Every song downloaded will appear there then go to your music folder make a new folder put the band name in then I'll open it and add a folder for the album name. Open up that and dump your new downloads there. The new downloads will appear with the bands name first usually I just erase the band name there and put in the song number in album. If you have any questions just respond I'll try to help you out.
Enjoy

I like 'normal' metal and hard rock. Mostly 1970s and '80s but there are some new bands I like; such as Alestorm, Bullet, and GaMetal. GaMetal technically isn't a band, they make metal covers of video game music.

For actual classic metal bands, I like the obvious stuff; Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Dio, etc, but there's also some really obscure great metal bands, like Metal Church, Jack Starr's Burning Starr, Alcatrazz, W.A.S.P, Dokken, Sabaton (Not very obscure, but Joe Schmoe up the street probably doesn't know them), Yngwie Malmsteem (Technically not a band), Caesar's Palace, Manowar, Running Wild, etc. Also, Black Flag is an obscure punk rock band from the late '70s and early '80s.

Back