Have you ever fantasized about being not-incontinent?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've always been IC. So I don't know what it might feel like not being IC. Always being diapered just feels normal for me. I think any long-time IC person experiences
the same challenges. During adolescence I suffered teasing and sometimes bullied. I know any kid can be ridiculed. But being a child that suffers IC, there is a whole new
set of issues. Now that I'm an adult, I still enjoy my family and friends. And I don't suffer the same problems I had as a kid.

Sometimes I fantasized about what it might feel like. Not having to wear a diaper would be so different. Not having to worry about dating. About not having a leak or having a BM accident. I'm sure my life would be so much easier.

Do you fantasized about not being IC?

Reactions: sport1 and EcoIncon
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Of course, but I have never been fully continent and grew up having accidents. It's really hard for me to understand how people manage it. I mean manage to hold it all the time. To be honest, I wish I was either 100% IC or 100% not. For the last 20 years, I've been severely bladder IC and partly bowel IC. Before that, I was partly both. It's being in the unpredictable middle ground that I wish I could get away from!

Reactions: disabledinconben
This is a hard question for me to answer. I was an abdl first and I felt like my potty training was a glitch, even when I had decent control. On the whole, my quality of life has increased as my bladder control decreased.

However there are countless times where I think about how much my life was easier and would be easier if I were still continent.

No not at all, what is is. And truthfully I am more accident prone than fully incontinent. Both fecal and urine.

Nope as before I started wearing nappies and long before the accidents that leaded to my wearing I had terrible shy bladder which ment even though I was busting for a pee if I was in a public rest rooms even in a cubicle I struggled to pee
Urinals we’re no go 100%
Nappies just relax and go or at night I will wake up wet now
Less stress around

I don't have to fantasize about being content, this feeling is still vivid in my mind. I was continent for 60 years, my IC started about one year ago. I've made my peace with it, I know it's more or less a permanent thing for the rest of my life, I've got used wearing diapers and see it as my new normal - so no struggles with it. Anyway, I'm in general that I accept those things which I can't change and always try to see the positive, no looking back in grief what is left behind and cannot be brought back!

Reactions: EcoIncon and NappiedTruckDriver
Slightly different take on this for me. I was reasonably continent until I was 39. Sometime between the age of 60-62, I found out that I've always had a neurogenic bladder and my urologist doesn't understand how I had any control whatsoever when I was younger. My bladder doesn't communicate whatsoever with my brain, so how I held my bladder, how I sensed fullness, and how I peed had nothing to do with the bladder itself. Now, I sort of fantasize what it would be like to have a normal acting bladder.

Reactions: EcoIncon and NappiedTruckDriver
In my case the subject line would read "Have you ever fantasized about returning to continent?" To that I would say "every day".

Finding out 2 years ago that I had become U-IC, shook my confidence. Being urge incontinent, I am mostly ok unless my bladder reaches a certain fullness. So as long as I don't allow my bladder to get to that state, I could pass as continent. However, away from home for too long, I am doomed to pee myself if I don't have immediate access to a toilet. Increasingly these days, the lack of public toilet access is becoming a serious problem.

Then some time later, my F-IC developed (or worsened). While I have learned to mitigate this mostly through watching what I eat, I still have unexplained days of diarrhea. The horror of that is when you can't prevent the BM. That is terrifying in a public setting.

So I hate this. Some days I'm continent while other days I'm living in fear. This has forced me to "make friends with diapers".

Reactions: Jonnythepony, LordDuque and EcoIncon
slimjiminy said:
In my case the subject line would read "Have you ever fantasized about returning to continent?" To that I would say "every day".
@slimjiminy with a few exceptions on the exact details of how your bladder behaves, I'd have answered this almost exactly the same way.

I was at the urologist yesterday and his next proposal in a long line of failed treatments (botox for OAB) has me fantasizing about a return to continence. I guess I'll try it... If it works, I won't have to fantasize. If it doesn't, I can also stop fantasizing and just give up hope.

Reactions: slimjiminy
When i was yonger i did before i acceped it. Occasionally i do wonder what is like to use the potty

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I've always been IC. So I don't know what it might feel like not being IC. Always being diapered just feels normal for me. I think any long-time IC person experiences
the same challenges. During adolescence I suffered teasing and sometimes bullied. I know any kid can be ridiculed. But being a child that suffers IC, there is a whole new
set of issues. Now that I'm an adult, I still enjoy my family and friends. And I don't suffer the same problems I had as a kid.

Sometimes I fantasized about what it might feel like. Not having to wear a diaper would be so different. Not having to worry about dating. About not having a leak or having a BM accident. I'm sure my life would be so much easier.

I had problems when young last accident at 13yrs old. I then was dry for several yrs but the incontinence came back so had some good yrs.

Back