Have you considered sharing your profile on ADISC with a partner?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Not really but I thought about it. But the more I think about it it's probably a bad idea. I think most of us (IC), at least for me, I like keeping it private. I like it being
anonymous. We can say things that we wouldn't share normally. If I had said only about IC then it would probably be okay. But I don't think it would be good to share some of my other thoughts. She is aware of ABDL but we didn't discus it.

Have you ever shared with your partner about ABDL? Just curious.

Agreed that anonymity helps us in our discussions here. If we threw that away, then certain things would be left unsaid or questions unasked. Or if we discussed a spouse or friend's challenges, we might injure a relationship or reveal too much. When it comes to incontinence, we often search for answers or common experiences. This is even more important with the stigma that applies.

I found out about ABDL after I became incontinent. I then wondered if my minor desire for diapers growing up was because I was actually an ABDL. I never broached the subject with my wife, as it was unnecessary. I was wearing diapers full-time (not to my enjoyment) and even needed to be changed by others for the first year and a half (again, not to my enjoyment).

After my wife passed away, I spent a short time looking into ABDL. As I had been in diapers for nearly two decades by then, with total ED, DL as a fetish was not a consideration. It only took a few weeks to get rid of the few AB items I picked up; nothing about AB was of interest. It was a few years later that I found out I've had a neurogenic bladder since birth, explaining why I had minor wetting accidents my whole life before I became incontinent. Now I understand my desire for diapers when I was younger was driven by physical need, not want.

People don't want to know about my incontinence, wearing diapers, medical issues, etc. They have enough problems of their own.

The anonymity of ADISC allows me to talk about those things that I would not share with others in real life. Including things like incontinence, wearing diapers, medical issues, wrestling with the idea of ABDL for many years, AND how finally getting a complete picture of my health changed how I think about myself. I can ask and answer questions better, and empathize better.

Reactions: LordDuque, sbmccue and DiaperDiva
greatlake5 said:
I like keeping it private. I like it being anonymous.
If I had a girlfriend I can't imagine sharing my adisc profile. I think most of my posts are for health issues. But I have reacted and other posts on another forum section. Letting someone read about AB might give the wrong idea. Sharing my profile would damage the anonymous I enjoy.

She doesn't really mind ,we do share many things together !!

Never ! Unless love was found via here

No. The anonymity here makes it safe to share some of my"darkest" thoughts and secrets. This is "my" space and not for sharing with partner even though she accepts my nappy wearing. Not sure if she would want to know either...

I have no issues doing so but I suspect she joined Adisc a little while ago without telling me and posted a rather one sided thread about a recent ‘argument’ we had.

Forced said:
I have no issues doing so but I suspect she joined Adisc a little while ago without telling me and posted a rather one sided thread about a recent ‘argument’ we had.
Hope you two are "cool " now!

Tenawearer said:
Hope you two are "cool " now!
Thanks
This lifestyle is not the most important thing to me so I’ve brushed it under the carpet 😊

Forced said:
Thanks
This lifestyle is not the most important thing to me so I’ve brushed it under the carpet 😊
Hope things stay calm. I do like my nappies although my partner does not participate.

I’m not IC, if I was I would not share this site or my profile with my SO, no way. A quick scroll through the recent posts page would drain the color from most people’s faces. Would you be “guilty by association”? I wouldn’t risk it.

As a DL, I would never share this site or my profile with my wife. No way. So many threads here are beyond the pale and that’s by my standards let alone my sweet vanilla wife.

Last edited:
LePew said:
I’m not IC, if I was I would not share this site or my profile with my SO, no way. A quick scroll through the recent posts page would drain the color from most people’s faces. Would you be “guilty by association”? I wouldn’t risk it.

As a DL, I would never share this site or my profile with my wife. No way. So many threads here are beyond the pale and that’s by my standards let alone my sweet vanilla wife.
The things we say.......If my partner was a also a DL then that would be a different situation maybe. But some thoughts are so personal/private that you wouldn't share with anyone close to you.

Nope, no, hell no, lol nothing to gain and lots to lose

Back