Has anyone ever had an accident while in public?

I have issues with Gluten which results in major GI Issues (Diarehha) when I injest some. Last Thanksgiving I went to a friends house who cooked dinner. She was not familiar with special dietary needs and made me a GF dish. WELLLLL It was not GF and I had a reaction. Stomach gurgling and cramping. I left and had a 25 minute ride home. Struggling on the drive trying to make it home, I got out of the car and it happened. I S**T my pants in the driveway. What a mess. Next Thanksgiving I am going to go padded just in case.

Reactions: Diprs2
A few years ago, I was working at a coffee shop as a barista. I was working a pretty busy afternoon shift and the urge hit me pretty hard, but I managed to hang on for a while.

I told my coworker that I really needed to go (she understands that when I need to go I NEED TO GO), and she said she would make the next several orders of drinks if I rang up the last 2 customers in line. Unfortunately, more people started lining up after the first customer ordered. I made it about 2 more minutes before I completely lost control, in front of my coworker and the decently sized line.

I was wearing jeans so it was definitely obvious, but I don’t think I broke my pace at all, still taking orders the whole time, completely numb inside. After the rush, I cried in the walk-in cooler while I waited for my (then) boyfriend to bring me new pants. My poor coworker had to clean up my pee from behind the counter :(

I didn’t really get made fun of afterward but couldn’t shake the embarrassment. It wasn’t my first accident at work, or even that job, but I decided to swap over to an office job to prevent humiliating myself in front of so many people ever again. Ugh

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, slimjiminy and 1 other person
I had a full on wetting on a sunny day in our local shopping centre. I was rushing to try and find a public bathroom when my bladder went into a spasm and I soaked my jeans. Once was enough to persuade me to wear a pull up if I am out and not confident about toilet facilities.

LowlyArtichokey said:
A few years ago, I was working at a coffee shop as a barista. I was working a pretty busy afternoon shift and the urge hit me pretty hard, but I managed to hang on for a while.

I told my coworker that I really needed to go (she understands that when I need to go I NEED TO GO), and she said she would make the next several orders of drinks if I rang up the last 2 customers in line. Unfortunately, more people started lining up after the first customer ordered. I made it about 2 more minutes before I completely lost control, in front of my coworker and the decently sized line.

I was wearing jeans so it was definitely obvious, but I don’t think I broke my pace at all, still taking orders the whole time, completely numb inside. After the rush, I cried in the walk-in cooler while I waited for my (then) boyfriend to bring me new pants. My poor coworker had to clean up my pee from behind the counter :(

I didn’t really get made fun of afterward but couldn’t shake the embarrassment. It wasn’t my first accident at work, or even that job, but I decided to swap over to an office job to prevent humiliating myself in front of so many people ever again. Ugh
that must have been hard to deal with.

AccidentsHappen said:
More times than I can count...

Such is life with bowel incontinence.
Me too. For as long as I can remember. Plastic-backed diapers with high leak guards are a huge help. So is taking fiber and is chlorophyll.

I have lots of bowel accidents both at home and in public being diapered 24/7.

I had an accidental wetting just after Covid hit and you had to line up for everything. I was in a very long line to check out at Wal Mart with the last Microwave before Christmas so leaving was not an option. I thought I could make it in time but just as I got to the till my bladder let go and I was only wearing Tranquility Pull On pants so I was nervous it would not hold enough. I kept trying to slow the flow but I really have no control due to nerve damage and by the time I was on my way out of the shop I expected to be leaking down the leg of my pants. To my surprise when I loaded the item in the back of my SUV it seemed I had not leaked yet but when I sat in the drivers seat all was lost. I had the forsight to put a bag on the leather heated seat because I didn't know how much damage could be done to it. I made it home in about 45 minutes but my pants were soaked. Now I double up if I am going out of town.

Too many to count!

I’m pretty good at it now, but back in the days when 6-tape attends where the best thing available, it was hard to go more than a few days without at least a minor leak. Back then, 6 to 7 changes a day would be typical and there was not much reserve capacity if a wet diaper could not be swapped out immediately. To this day I wear only dark colored pants as a result of lessons learned.

Given the limitations of diapers at the time, I decided to try external catheter + leg bag. When it worked it was not horrible. Dry skin, no odors, low cost, no need to carry bulky supplies, and genuine capacity of 750ml or more. But when it didn’t work, it was a mess. The most common failure was the sheath losing seal; such failures were inevitably only discovered by way of wet clothing. I lost count of how many of those happened. It was not a small number.

I would usually wear the leg bag on my calf and I would tuck the drain valve in my sock for extra security. But I had one occasion where the valve came loose and snagged on the top of my boot. The bag was really full, and of course, the valve came off entirely. Urine proceeded to fill my boot and make a massive puddle on the floor. I was mortified. I hastily helped mop it up and had to limp out of there with my boot sloshing like a swimming pool.

That was pretty much the end of my experiment with that method of management. I discovered Tena Super shortly thereafter and never went back. Diapers aren’t perfect, but at least they don’t fail catastrophically.

Last edited:
Went shopping a few weeks back, came out of one shop and thought I could do with the toilet but I thought I could make it home after all it was less than 10 tinsy whinsy minutes away! So I popped briefly into another store to buy a magazine and virtually uncontrollably wet myself!! Fortunately I was wearing a fullset, not that that did me much good other than to save me the embarrassment of leaving a big puddle in the store.

While I knew where the nearest in store convenience was I would never have made it there either, gosh it came on so quick and there was stuff all I could do to stop it. May be it's time to see the scab lifter.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Napincolove
Not often, but extreme nervousness/fear or a badly timed cough or sneeze sometimes causes me to have an accident. I usually just wet but from time to time the other type of accident is also possible (and occasionally occurs) either at home or in public.

My bladder and bowels don’t seem to know whether or not I am in public.

Last edited:
I have had a few messy accidents in public, I was in a lot of pain and I shat myself and it was not enjoyable. There were other times when I had to poop but had no access to a toilet and it was either suffer with the cramping and get constipated or have an accident so I picked the second option. I mean there have been plenty of people that did public shitting except I was wearing a diaper so the mess stayed with me and I took it home than leaving it on the ground for a city employee to clean up or an employee outside their business.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Fleetwoodmac32192
I have had accidents in public with and with out diapers. And I have had many on purpose.

If we’re talking bowel accidents, the answer is yes - sometimes. My bladder now does its own thing now, which is why I’m diapered 24/7.

Most BM’s have either been small or in private, but there was one embarrassing accident while in the checkout queue at Sainsbury’s (a British supermarket chain), and unfortunately, it was a big one.

Thankfully, everything was contained inside my diaper, so it wasn’t too bad a cleanup, but it still took me a while to change.

Being a wheelchair user, I’m not a fan of sitting in a messy diaper for long so I was keen to get changed ASAP. But I tried to be as calm as I could on the outside.

I’m aware I may have smelled but considering I was wearing a thick ABDL diaper under a plain onesie, I’d like to think this reduced the odour somewhat.

As soon as I’d paid for my things, I glided off to the nearest accessible toilet so I could change, keen to be away from the shoppers and get clean and dry ASAP.

My bowel control isn’t too bad but accidents happen enough that I’m prepared, and I’m more likely to be annoyed that distressed about it.

This incident also caused me to wear thicker ABDL diapers during the day sometimes as well…

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

More recently than my last post in this thread, I did have a diarrhea blowout on the last part of an hour long walk. While it didn't happen in front of people, I did have to walk past a pair while I was extremely smelly. :eek: I have since resumed taking Chlorophyl capsules so this won't happen again.

When I got to the entrance of the apartment building, I had to time my entrance so that I wouldn't be sharing an elevator with anyone (the smell was so bad). Thankfully, nobody was out in our hallway on our floor and I was able to enter the apartment and cleanup with a shower. A scarring but contained experience.

Had messy accidents in public a few times mostly as a result of food poisoning/ tummy bugs. Did mess my pants once I was desperate to pee and poop but thought I could hold it till I got home but then got so desperate I thought maybe if I went in a bush and peed a bit it would take the pressure off but as I was so desperate to poop too I ended up pooping my pants as I peed. So yeah that did not work lol

I wear diapers because I have them, I've had more then a couple unprepared, and it's absolutely awful. Worst unprepared was out going to a mcdonalds to use their wifi for tetris ds (it was a different time for wireless internet gaming... don't ask) was at a red light suddenly my bowels decided they were going to completely empty. I got to the parking lot mess was running down my leg.... cleaned up as much as I could in the bathroom, then embarrassingly went over to the walmart bought new jeans, a bag of generic tape on diapers changed in the bathroom leaving my socks off (yes it was that ) I played a few round of tetris at mcdonalds, diaper definitely helped with some"aftershocks".

Another equally embarasing but at least I was diapered moment, had went to good will as my office chair had decided to break, they had a cool chair so I bought it, got out to the car.... and it wouldn't fit, I figured the only way I'd make it fit was to get a screwdriver from walgreens, which I did, while I was in line my bowels decided that it was a good time to open up, ended up with a very full seat and despite both the plastic pants and poly diaper on, had the teller make the embarassing comment to a coworker not actually knowing it was me "Hey it smells like some baby is in need of a new diaper!" I just paid for the screwdriver silently and got the hell out of dodge.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and wetnights
RedStripeLvr said:
Probably the worst accident happened as I was leaving my boss's office after confiding in him about my U-IC since I would likely have to change at some im-opportune times. This was early on in my IC journey and was a hard conversation to have at the time. Turns out he was very understanding and cool with it. As I'm leaning against his doorframe, however, I flooded... a LOT! It was too much for the diaper I was wearing and the next thing I knew, a growing wet spot was running down the leg of my khaki Dockers. He didn't bat an eye, but I sure felt humiliated. I learned a lot that day.
I could break the club record, theoretically ...

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Napincolove said:
Yes have Had a few nasties happen but have been fortunate enough to be able to limit or hide the smell and damage.
Mainly small pee leaks which I was able to dry or hide with other clothing.
The worst thing is having an almost fully wet Nappy on and just knowing the next pee will be coming straight out of the already filled Nappy and there is nowhere to change 😠😢
This is the worst! Or sometimes having gone and not realized how in need of a change you are before sitting down... and then it's too late. Or just feeling it coming and knowing a leak is about to happen, with nothing you can do about it.

sure have! had sometime they leak. im not trying to but it happens the last time was at rite aid dadda was waiting for his prescriptions. was standing there with him and it happened, i felt my tights get a little wet. i looked up at dadda and like he knew what happen like he can read my face. its was not bad like not on the floor but omgolly i want to leave right then. i had to stand with him in line so he could pay for his prescriptions as we walked out he say did someone have an accident all i could do is shake my head yes. long ride home.

Back