Has anyone else ever kind of thought out the pro's and cons of wearing diapers?

Tenaman said:
Cons: embarrassment if having to explain;
slimjiminy said:
It's the secrecy part that bugs me the most.
During my nearly 30 years of dealing with incontinence I have needed to explain my situation to a number of family, friends, clients, and coworkers. The thing that amazes me is how many times I have needed to explain it to the same people again every several years. People just don't remember. Maybe because of their own embarrassment or maybe their own life issues are more important than yours.

Reactions: Diprs2
ajc2000 said:
Not Incontinent myself but in the past thought how good it would be to be in them 24/7 and need them. But when I stop to think about it would I still find it special and feel like an AB if I use them all the time in everyday life not just in my little space / play. Still have times where I think you lot are lucky.
Lucky? My bladder HURTS. A lot. There are times when it feels like someone has packed it full of broken glass. I know a lot of ABDLs have this idealized picture of incontinence, but the reality of it can be very different from what they imagine, and far less pleasant.

Lucky? I spend thousands of dollars a year on doctor visits, treatments, incontinence products, and all the other myriad things that you need when you're incontinent. It doesn't matter how screwed up my budget gets - I HAVE to spend all that money, no matter how much I want or need to spend it on something else.

Lucky? I ensure invasive procedures several times a year to help manage the pain. When in lying on a table with a doctor shoving a scope into my urethra, or making injection after injection into my bladder wall, it's very hard to think about how lucky I am to have this problem.

The lucky ones are those who don't have to deal with this horrible, painful, stigmatizing, and isolating medical problem and who get to spend their money on things they like instead of things they need. If you choose to spend it on diapers because you enjoy them, you might want to reflect on how lucky that makes you, rather than try to tell me how lucky I am to have all my problems.

Reactions: Diprs2, HetchinsRider1946, Constantlydamp and 2 others
I first went through this exercise at a young age, about the time I started kindergarten. Accidents at home were one thing, accidents at school were entirely different. I begged my mom to go back to diapers in my early years and she was not having any of it. The ideal thing at school would have been pull-ups like goodnights, but they did not have anything like that back then.

The pros and cons as an adult are a no brainer. Because of my urge IC, I simply would not be able to live the life I do without diapers. And, since I am very sensitive to medications, I don't have a foreign substance in my body causing another condition.

One last thing while I have your attention. Diapers are expensive. Insurance companies in the U.S. suck. You would think that someone who is profoundly IC could get a prescription and have diapers covered under insurance. Nope, not for most private insurance, not in my state. I realize that even if they did cover it, what they would give you is no better than a clump of tissue paper, but still this is a major problem folks.

Hydration. Far and away, I see this as the best reason for using diapers and promoting better diaper technology for everyone, IC and non-IC alike. It’s a clear health win.

If you’re dealing with incontinence, you might try to reduce fluids to avoid changes or to deal with less functional diapers. But dehydration causes other problems though and could even promote co-morbidities with IC.

I tell you, I would hydrate like a fiend if I could just make my urine disappear. Sure, coffee is great, but if I don’t pour some water on that, I can feel my brain drying up.

For that to work, I apply the benchmark of a diaper being able to handle at least two full bladders full. Otherwise a trip to change is at least as disruptive as a trip to the bathroom.

I love gaming in diapers! The positives outweigh the negatives. To be able to just focus on the game and not have to worry about getting up to go to the bathroom is great.

CheshireCat said:
During my nearly 30 years of dealing with incontinence I have needed to explain my situation to a number of family, friends, clients, and coworkers. The thing that amazes me is how many times I have needed to explain it to the same people again every several years. People just don't remember. Maybe because of their own embarrassment or maybe their own life issues are more important than yours.
People often are nervous about making mistakes during public speaking. I quickly learned that nobody remembers your mistakes unless you make a big thing of it. If you goof up, just move on. Don't dwell on it and nobody will remember. As CheshireCat has pointed out - because IC doesn't affect the hearer, they often don't remember it.

For the other posters here:
I love gaming in diapers! The positives outweigh the negatives. To be able to just focus on the game and not have to worry about getting up to go to the bathroom is great.
please remember this is an incontinence forum-- not a AB/DL forum,

Reactions: Diprs2, HetchinsRider1946, lena80 and 4 others
slimjiminy said:
please remember this is an incontinence forum-- not a AB/DL forum
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: HetchinsRider1946, Constantlydamp, blaincorrous and 2 others
Pros are simple my clothes and bed stay dry. Cons they can be uncomfortable in warm weather.

Back