Has anyone else ever kind of thought out the pro's and cons of wearing diapers?

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
With my incontinence I found myself doing it in my head and I must say I have found many positive things...more than negative anyways what do y'all think? Also seems like the longer I'm stuck with them the more positive things I find . especially once you get to the point of basically not giving a f### 😂 am I the only one ?

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Mathew, disabledinconben and 1 other person
As you say there are many positives from using Nappies, the obvious ones are security, comfort and convenience and if you are ic then they are the best solution imo.
No more hunting for the local usually disgusting toilet when out and about or having to cross your legs in desperation if your ic does not take over.
My only thought on the negative side is all our used Nappies add to landfill.
Having said that I note that in Wales Neath and Port Talbot council are doing local collections of all baby Nappy and adult Absorbant Hygiene Products AHP good on them and lets hope that soon spreads as it is avrecycling scheme and NOT landfill.

Reactions: Diprs2, CptKirk, Pamts and 1 other person
Raven801 said:
With my incontinence I found myself doing it in my head and I must say I have found many positive things...more than negative anyways what do y'all think? Also seems like the longer I'm stuck with them the more positive things I find . especially once you get to the point of basically not giving a f### 😂 am I the only one ?
I've always found more positives than negatives with wearing diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, NotTheAverageMan and Happy2BeInNappies2
Once you accept wearing them, positive attributes like "they give me the ability to live a normal life", it's hard to stack up enough negatives to outweigh that.

Sometimes I read a subreddit for people who suffer from overactive bladder. You can't believe the number of people who complain that they're stuck in the house because of it. That's the reason I began wearing them during the day. But you rarely see diapers proposed as an option, like people are afraid of hearing that. It would enable them to leave the house without concerns. I guess wearing at night already it was such an obvious thing and easy for me to start doing because I had them around.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, Raven801 and 1 other person
I have had some small anal leakage for most of my adult like, but some years ago my body was slowly losing more control, to the point were I was scrubbing my underwear clean as hand washing.

I don't have to do that anymore, because a few years ago, the day came when my wife said to me, “I think you should give it up and wear nappies all the time now.” My wife was right of course (they always are) and I have not worn anything else since.

Nappies are now my normal everyday underwear, I usually forget that I have them on, until I find myself rushing to the toilet, (I do make most times, but if I don't so what, I'm protected), none the less, it is a rare thing to find my nappy unstained, at the end of the day.

So, they give me a comfortable and secure life. On the few times a year when my body and IBS is playing up, I just have to watch capacity and be aware of safe places to change when out.

Oh yes ! And today there's far less stress !!!

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, HetchinsRider1946 and 1 other person
Raven801 said:
I don't wear daytime (though sometimes I should) but yes sometimes it's like "it is what it is, let's go with it"

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
Raven801 said:

Amen, brother!
The fact that i'm here is that the ABDL community made me realize I had something others envy. Like the grass is always greener on the other side. True, I would like to have my continence back but there is quite a number of occasions I would happily jump into diapers without a second thought. At times I still hate them but most of the time I feel blessed they exist and I get them shipped to my doorstep.

Cheers

Reactions: Diprs2
LifeInPlastic said:
the ABDL community made me realize I had something others envy. Like the grass is always greener on the other side
Not Incontinent myself but in the past thought how good it would be to be in them 24/7 and need them. But when I stop to think about it would I still find it special and feel like an AB if I use them all the time in everyday life not just in my little space / play. Still have times where I think you lot are lucky.

ajc2000 said:
Not Incontinent myself but in the past thought how good it would be to be in them 24/7 and need them. But when I stop to think about it would I still find it special and feel like an AB if I use them all the time in everyday life not just in my little space / play. Still have times where I think you lot are lucky.
You nailed it. Realize why it is good the way it is. It's like eating your favourite dish everyday. It becomes mundane and unappealing. Gotta admit I might never be fully capable to understand age regression. But would it really be that relieving and soothing if it would happen everyday for 2 years straight? Or ist it the context and somewhat rarity of the full ageplay that gives it the true value? That it might be the scarcity that makes embracing it for a time the true sensation? Value is usually determined by rarity to an extend. The reason why we are in pursuit of it.

I can confirm that it is just a machanic, emotionless process for me most of the time. Diaper full, change, move on. If I'm at home it is like under a minute if I have something to do and do not wish to be bothered with a leaky diaper. Rip and tear until it's done, so to speak of. ;-) But at least when going to bed, somewhere outside or just once in a while - I take my time. Make sure the tapes are perfectly symmetrical... the fit is flawless... actively embrace the feeling of the diaper wrapping around me... and feel grateful that they exist and feel pretty and wholesome(even posing in front of a mirror sometimes xD)! That they allow me a social life. That others view this curse as a blessing and some would literally sell their soul to swap conditions. I really should not be mad at them or my body. Especially when diapering up for the night I try to embrace the whole process. Almost like a sort of meditation. It really helps me shut down my brain and sleep well. And I have to thank the ABDL community for realizing all that. I often smirk when thinking about the wicked irony that we always want what others have and struggle so badly to be happy with what we have. Then I'm glad to have won at least this round against the cycle of unhappiness.

So enjoy that what you are in the way it is. Always pursuing the carrot you hold in front of you will never make you happy.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Every moment when my body stops holding something in and then I think is it time....to start to wear.

Pros: managing my incontinence. No wet beds or clothes. Confidence to lead a normal life.
Cons: embarrassment if having to explain;

Reactions: Diprs2, Happy2BeInNappies2 and Raven801
As i know myself i think their are many positives, considering i am wearing good ones like Rearz or Crinklz. the thickness and tall leak guards keeps both bowel and bladder releases from leaking. So happy days. They look nice with their picture designs etc. However like others said, the cons are when other people don't understand the situation.

Tenaman said:
Pros: managing my incontinence. No wet beds or clothes. Confidence to lead a normal life.
1661993909379.pngThat pretty much sums it up. Too bad about the embarrassment aspect. I am at peace with the wearing and managing. It's the secrecy part that bugs me the most.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
For the near or actually messy legit "accidents" I've had out of the house, it was the biggest pro ever knowing I have a diaper on and won't have it running down my legs.

Cons though, it gets a little hot down there in the summer.

Tenaman said:
Explain ? Try I sh!t my diaper or your floor ,Your choice pal
Even the dumbest people know 1+ 1 equals 2 in the diaper is better than the floor

ajc2000 said:
Very happy to exchange my happy circumstance of needing to wear an adult nappy or a pubic pressure urinal and leg bag, extra laundry, wet beds, ruined mattresses etc with any one who wishes to "enjoy" the fun of incontinence. I don't mean to be a sour puss but living with permanent incontinence and just playing with a nappy are chalk and cheese.

Reactions: Diprs2, HetchinsRider1946 and Happy2BeInNappies2
Tenaman said:
if having to explain
Explain to who? You don't have to. When needing to wear diapers in public sometimes you need to develop thick skin.

Constantlydamp said:
with any one who wishes to "enjoy" the fun of incontinence
If you enjoy wearing diapers, there is almost likely a connection with you enjoying incontinence. At least with most people who enjoy weeing/messing (some people only wear). But yes, you're right, IC sucks. Remember sexuality is not voluntary also, most people can't even imagine what being IC is like.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
Pros dry bedding and clothing. Keeping the secret from friends and loved ones. Having to explain pull-ups in my backpack or diapers in my room.
IN A similar conversation with my oncologist he told me to look at them as a way to improve your quilty of life you may even enjoy them.
The free samples with every office visit aren't bad.

I wear a diaper whenever I'm doing snow removal, pro is that I don't have to take off many layers of clothes, boots, gloves etc. to go to the bathroom. Cons? Can't think of any at the moment.

Reactions: Diprs2 and slimjiminy
Back