GOTY discution

babyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Since the GOTY nominations have been annouced lets talk about what game you would like to see win.

For me, I will admit my personal GOTY was not nominated "Trails into Reverie" (if you know the trails games, you know)

But of what was listed I would love to see Super Mario Wonder win.

Of the other games, I did enjoy Spiderman 2, but while it was good and very enjoyable SMB:W is just better, SMB:W just made me smile more (and this is coming from someone where my PS5 is my main console over the Switch)

As to Alan Wake 2 and Balders Gate 3, I refuse to buy digital only games, so they will never be a contender for me.
For Tears of the Kingdom, well I really did not like breath of the wild (well I have never liked a 3d Zelda game, I love 2d zelda games just not 3d ones) so I did not even bother with TotK
As to RE4, I never liked horor games.

What are your thoughts.

BG3 or AW2. I feel like Hogwarts Legacy should have been a contender, though. It is the highest grossing game this year, and has extremely favorable reviews from players and critics alike. 1 guess as to why it was excluded :cautious::rolleyes:

I haven't played many of the games that were nominated but out of those that I did play I'd agree that Super Mario Wonder would deserve it in my opinion.

I agree that Hogwarts was amazing and definitely should've received a nomination at the least and it is a shame that it could never be for fear of a backlash. Great game and extremely inclusive of minorities and it is a shame how it has been received.

I was also really disappointed that FF16 didn't make the list of nominations. To be fair, I don't think that I heard a lot of discussion about the game since it came out but I thought it was very enjoyable (not quite as good as 15 tho). Felt like a nomination was at least warranted.

BG3 is really good but I have found Act 3 to be really tough to get through because of all the bugs. I feel like this is going to win just due to the insanely positive reception it received and all the issues will be glossed over.

I haven't played Alan Wake 2 yet. Will probably wait for a sale, but I heard that it was a time-loop game? Dunno how much I would like that but overall I've heard good things.

Tears of the Kingdom is a weird one for me. I get there is a big zelda fanbase out there but the 30 fps is nauseating. Wish they would release for PC and I would love to get into zelda. Always love digging into an rpg

Reactions: AshtonFreecss
Agreed Hogwarts was fun, I don't think game of the year. Funny part I originaly was not going to get it, but then people starting to post the spoilers on the internet, and I find doing that evil (spoiling a game on purpose to be jerks) that I ended up getting it just to spite those posting the spoilers, and glad I got it, it was an enjoyable game.

I get not liking the aurtor of the stories, and hating her opions, but to hurt people that are not her is just wrong.

Last edited:
For me, Mario Wonder, Tears of the Kingdom, Baldur's Gate 3, and Alan Wake 2 are all reasonable contenders.

Hogwarts and Starfield were pretty great too. I'm sure these will top some peoples lists.

FF16 has a lot going for it, but I haven't seen enough of it to really know how it holds up.

Dredge and Hi-Fi Rush get honorable mentions from me!

Edit: Oh yeah... Spiderman 2 and RE4 Remake are amazing too!

Last edited:
Back