Goodnites XL (with French on pack) thinner than Drynites largest size

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I realised I had the largest size of Drynites in the house, and two packs of XL Goodnites in the house (however these packs are very grown up themed, and non-descript, and have French writing on them, so may be European/Canadian Goodnites??) I notice the Drynites are way way thicker than the XL Goodnites I bought, I would say 3X thicker. I didn't realise I had the Drynites in the house, and only discovered on tidying my cupboard. So I tried one on. It was a much tighter fit than the XL Goodnite, and I am quite podgy and I had a builder's bum, but it stayed on for an evening of sedentary activities, and it didn't leak (wet it once, and reckoned it could take one or two more?) The XL Goodnite, on the other hand, leaked straight away and couldn't hold anything. Has anyone else noticed this? Or did I get sold knock off Goodnites?

I think we need more information. When you say XL Goodnites. Do you mean the current US version with camo/stripes for boys and flowers/streaks of pastel for girls? Or are you referring to the US L/XL that people seem to jump straight to “XL” and skip over the “L”. Leaving some of us confused. Also there is mention of Drynites and Goodnites. Nearly identical products from the same parent company for a long time. Drynites tend to be the brand name for Europe and most of the English speaking world outside of North America. Mexico, US and Canada have Goodnites. Certain other markets have Goodnites as well. Not all with their respective brands are identical. Mexican Goodnites aren’t the same as American Goodnites even though they have the same name. Same goes for Australian and UK Drynites. Age can affect sizing and thickness. If you’re digging through a cupboard and find these after what sounds like a long time. These could be older stock. So being thicker could be an older version (tends to be the case). The fact that the tighter fitting one didn’t leak could be the result of having a tighter fit/seal in just the right places. I experienced this when I could fit the American S/M Goodnites shortly after getting back from Iraq (lost a ton of weight). I immediately tried L/XL and it leaked. I determined there was a gap around my man parts that caused them to not have a good seal. The gap allowed for the leak guards to fail almost immediately. The tighter fit of the S/M smooshed my man parts and forced the gap to go away. Honestly it’s what I think causes so many of us to experience failure and so many dread Goodnites. I concluded the tighter fit was more in line with a snug fitting diaper. Pull-ups tend to have way too much elastic and gaps tend to form. But I digress. I think we could use some clarity on this.

These are US size XL (however French is written on the pack) compared to UK age 8-15 Drynites. The Drynites are way thicker and seem to hold more.

Back