Goodnites Innovation 2023?

Riddy said:
Eh? I had thought continental Europe meant Europe other than Iceland, the U.K. And Ireland.
Lol oops. I meant Continental Europe as in on the same continental shelf. Technically there is a difference between Continental Europe and European Continent. Didn't realize that. I learn something new every day.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Lol oops. I meant Continental Europe as in on the same continental shelf. Technically there is a difference between Continental Europe and European Continent. Didn't realize that. I learn something new every day.
I know that mainland Europe some countries have different brands. They aren’t always available in stores though. Libero is one of them. Seni also make a nappy to fit 4-6 years olds I think (but it’s shaped like a baby one). Larger than that they do one that is shaped like an adult one.

You have to know where to shop but, it is possible to have the Libero ones sent to the UK too. If you know where to shop the pre brexit it was possible with the other ones too. It might still be possible but many companies in mainland Europe don’t send parcels to UK consumers now do due to the additional red tape.

As for availability it stores, generally speaking it is very similar for older kids bedwetting products specifically. I do know in France, Pampers are pushing their Harmonie range which is some sort of reusable and disposable part that are put together to create a complete baby nappy which is a little different.

Does anybody else suspect that Goodnites switched over to using a breathable micropore plastic cover within the past year? I think that would explain why they seem to be smellier after a good wetting than they used to be. The odor is permeating through the thin, porous plastic.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and I12BLittle89
DanElmontan said:
Does anybody else suspect that Goodnites switched over to using a breathable micropore plastic cover within the past year? I think that would explain why they seem to be smellier after a good wetting than they used to be. The odor is permeating through the thin, porous plastic.
This could be a thing!

Is there any photos of the new GN with the blue leak guards (from Sam’s Club)? As a comparison between it and the older version.

ALERT!
New designs on girls XL Goodnites!
Credit to misspandapants for these pictures, no idea where she got them or how they fit, but I hope the boys get new designs too.

Attachments

• New Goodnites.jpg
    New Goodnites.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Thinking
Reactions: MiddleJacob, jamiejamie and SlashofNight
12srepaid said:
Hopefully not.
But remember Goodnites are not for our enjoyment. They are made for older children and teens. They come 1st.

I really hope this helps the older children/teen market. They have gotten the short end of the stick, when it comes to incontinence products.
Hello,
They just did L,XL goodnight's i like the old style goodnight's from the 90's they were white and hold a lot more then today's goodnight's

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
NEWS UPDATE!! Not sure if anybody else is seeing or has seen this yet, but apparently the exclusivity of the "Gap-Free Fit" GoodNites that's available only from Sam's Club is no more... Target is now showing the updated listing with the new packaging and showing the new Gap-Free fit pants on the app and website!! This means that everyone will be able to get to have them!

These are the screenshots of the Target listing. I can't wait to get a couple boxes of these and try them out!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240228_110457_Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_110457_Target.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20240228_110446_Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_110446_Target.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Love
Reactions: NMA, Jamas, MiddleJacob and 5 others
I would STILL love it of they had the easy-open sides like the Korean GoodNites though, and hoping that they go thru with that at some point...

• Love
Reactions: INTrePid, Lostdiapersboy, TigerDL and 3 others
curiouslittle1 said:
I would STILL love it of they had the easy-open sides like the Korean GoodNites though, and hoping that they go thru with that at some point...
Yes, I really hope that feature happens in the near future. Some kids might grumble about it at first, but will soon appreciate having them.

Reactions: GoodnitesLover8, DanElmontan and curiouslittle1
This thread is capturing all the newest changes, this one should probably be closed (it's 2024!)

Reactions: TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
51jp89 said:
This thread is capturing all the newest changes, this one should probably be closed (it's 2024!)

It's probably fine. The transition has been natural to me

Reactions: TigerDL and 12srepaid
51jp89 said:

While there's probably significant overlap between the people following both these threads, I like that the post gives this thread a succinct update on the innovations that were first discussed here. Maybe not everyone found or followed the new thread, or they thought it was just about print design and not performance changes, or they don't want to dig through 34 pages and counting to find out what has changed. But as GoodniteQueen said, there has been a nice transition to the new thread; and this update gives closure here.

Reactions: 12srepaid
12srepaid said:
Yes, I really hope that feature happens in the near future. Some kids might grumble about it at first, but will soon appreciate having them.
I've noticed a lot of conversation about Goodnights. I used that brand when I didn't know ABDL diapers existed, and that was in the '80s.
I don't know how they evolved, or de-evolved based on manufacturing or marketing; but have you ever considered writing a formal intelligent business-like letter to the company inquiring about their product lines, and what you wish they had, have, or could make or reproduce? Do they have a website for private orders??

I know company marketing and manufacturing decisions are based on demand, cost in manufacturing, and circulation costs, not to mention retailer shelf costs to move their product in a store and the space they have to rent to sell their product in the stores. All that is considered, along with trucking costs, with the product.
If the product costs too much to make, and renting the retail shelf space exceeds demand; they have to make cuts in the very product.
This has happened constantly with many things sold on shelf space in stores other than diaper products, resulting in a lesser than good product compared to the original one that was first marketed.
I noticed once an item gets popular, regardless of what it was, everyone jumps in and charges more for it to be sold, making it eventually cost more to the consumer and the consumer gets a lesser than good product compared to what the product was like in the first place because of human greed, which spreads through the whole marketing process.:rolleyes:

Maybe you all should encourage the manufacturer to sell via their own "side-site" (?) if they don't sell to private small orders. But that's goofy and unlikely.

I know huge manufacturers have such a big capacity load to sell that selling by the piece or case isn't possible for them. They must sell in bulk shipments. Selling on the side costs them too much money with processing.
But maybe if they made a side warehouse, it would work? Or talk other diaper makers into mimicking a product you like. Whatever product you liked has a manufacturing paper trail on ingredients, process, and for the place made. Go "X-Files" on them to find out all that and intercept the gig that made your favourite ones. Wouldn't that be interesting?:giggle:🤭Then connect them to a company willing to reproduce your favourites. But everything costs money. Things come and go. Otherwise, some of the older or obsolete versions are gone forever.

That's life, "Sanyo"

DelC said:
Nah, I mean their adult overnight product... This thing: https://www.kroger.com/p/kroger-s-m-unisex-overnight-incontinence-underwear/0004126038240

I had tried it because it reportedly used to be a pretty good product (made by First Quality, I think it was), with substantial absorbency, actual standing leak guards, the whole nine yards. They changed manufacturers (weirdly, the "current" manufacturer as of 2021 or so, seemingly Paragon Trade Brands, was listed as "permanently closed" on Google, the last time I checked). Now it's a simple product with a large, thick, and stiff pad (which I will admit, is ludicrously absorbent and thick for underwear), no leak guards, leg gathers that have a strong tendency to wick urine to the outside, side panels that get holes worn in it fairly rapidly, a cloth-like outer cover that quickly frays and pills, and cotton fiber included just so they can say it's made with cotton, but instead, it comes loose from the product and gets stuck all over everything, and I do mean everything, down there. Half your cleanup time is spent just removing cotton fibers from your body... Plus, it itches and almost burns.
That’s what I wear for bed wetting every night and they work well for me, you mean these

Attachments

• 2571.png
    2571.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 76
Danielgartin691993 said:
That’s what I wear for bed wetting every night and they work well for me, you mean these
Yeah, those are the ones. They're incredibly absorbent, impressively so, really great for a pull-on, and I kind of appreciate how thick they were (I appreciate the thickness, but they were also a little too stiff), but the ones I got, at least, had all the issues I described there. I originally got them because someone here had said good things about them, but it seems they've changed manufacturers since then.

Not a terrible product, the absorbency is phenomenal, but...they'd be much better with the actual leak guards they apparently used to have, not just a single set of leg gathers, and yeah, for me, the itching/burning and having to pick cotton fibers off of everything were deal-breakers, not to mention their propensity to leak at the leg gathers.

Last edited:
DelC said:
Yeah, those are the ones. They're incredibly absorbent, impressively so, really great for a pull-on, and I kind of appreciate how thick they were (I appreciate the thickness, but they were also a little too stiff), but the ones I got, at least, had all the issues I described there. I originally got them because someone here had said good things about them, but it seems they've changed manufacturers since then.

Not a terrible product, the absorbency is phenomenal, but...they'd be much better with the actual leak guards they apparently used to have, not just a single set of leg gathers, and yeah, for me, the itching/burning and having to pick cotton fibers off of everything were deal-breakers, not to mention their propensity to leak at the leg gathers.
And before you ask yes I’m wet

Here is a picture of the updated individual XL Girls pack.
The one big difference I’ve noticed was the feel of the plastic packaging is noticeably softer(!?)
It’s hard to describe.
I haven’t seen the ones in the L size for the girls yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5925.jpeg
    IMG_5925.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5926.jpeg
    IMG_5926.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: TigerDL, deepdriftAD and CommanderCrayfish
Back