Goodnites Innovation 2023?

dl820 said:
This might have been posted before, but I checked on the Sam's Club website, and there is a "New & Improved Gap-Free Fit" with "Quicksorb Protection" available only at Sam's Club. These new and improved Goodnites are indicated as being out of stock for shipping, pickup, and delivery. For a while, the Sam's Club closest to me used to have almost a full pallet of boys Goodnites XL in stock all the time, but all of the locations near me are out of stock, and they are often out of stock at Walmart stores in the area. Either there is a high demand for these XL Goodnites and they can't keep them on the shelves, or low demand and no replenishment. I sure hope they don't stop making the size XL since these are my go-to for daytime use.
Given the current state of things I'd lean towards low supply/replenishment. However, as I've been watching dates on packages it seems like stock of XL's is moving at a reasonable rate and being replaced so it's probably a combination thereof.

Regarding the gap free fit, etc, I can't say that I've seen that on any packaging anywhere yet. Maybe it's a sign there is something bigger than blue leak guards coming down the pipe. Also of note, the new info on the packaging is not shown on the XL's. Not sure if that really means anything or not. I also checked a few other retailers and it does appear to be a Sam's Club exclusive for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Deleted member 74558
Screenshot_20230923_201553_Chrome.jpg
Trademark has been filed in Canada, this may not mean anything, but likely this means it will eventually be a wide release (since we do not have Sam's Club here), perhaps the Sam's exclusivity is a trial run?

thegamer408 said:
View attachment 118913Trademark has been filed in Canada, this may not mean anything, but likely this means it will eventually be a wide release (since we do not have Sam's Club here), perhaps the Sam's exclusivity is a trial run?
Nice catch. I think the closest thing they do to exclusives is the various prints they do for some of the store brands that are rather obviously made by KCC.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Deleted member 74558
Is it me or the packs show no trace of french, meaning it could be an exclusive product for USA, I really hope I'll see them in Canada, but for that the packages must be bilingual in french and english since we are officially a bilingual Country. My guess is they're still working on the packaging for now, and since I've never seen a pack of 46 (our box have 28 Goodnites for XL) its probably a limited format for USA stores.

dl820 said:
According to a Kimberly-Clark PowerPoint from a conference on February 25, 2022, (link below), Goodnites XL sales at that time were greater than the total sales of the #2 brand. I assume the "#2 brand" would be all sizes of Ninjamas. So it looks good for the future of Goodnites XL production.

https://investor.kimberly-clark.com/static-files/73d87ca0-4636-4860-a25a-778ebd38dd59

View attachment 118912
I wonder if because of this they would consider an XXL? I know it's cutting into the market for Depends but if they're really selling so well...

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL, BunnyPrincess and FudgedInLuvs
I'm disappointed we didn't get the refastenable sides.

• Love
Reactions: curiouslittle1 and MegaLugia
Mehrabad98 said:
I'm disappointed we didn't get the refastenable sides.
Yet....they are clearly working on a lot of projects. Special prints for big box SM, blue leak guards, whatever this gap free fit change is, whatever quicksorb is, and probably more

Reactions: curiouslittle1, TigerDL and Deleted member 74558
JohnQDiaper said:
Given the current state of things I'd lean towards low supply/replenishment. However, as I've been watching dates on packages it seems like stock of XL's is moving at a reasonable rate and being replaced so it's probably a combination thereof.

Regarding the gap free fit, etc, I can't say that I've seen that on any packaging anywhere yet. Maybe it's a sign there is something bigger than blue leak guards coming down the pipe. Also of note, the new info on the packaging is not shown on the XL's. Not sure if that really means anything or not. I also checked a few other retailers and it does appear to be a Sam's Club exclusive for now.
1695566920664.png

Reactions: JohnQDiaper
I’ve noticed the fit and absorption has improved on the most recent case I bought. The sides aren’t nearly as tight as before. It is just a small change, but both things have actually made a very meaningful difference!!

grst said:
I’ve noticed the fit and absorption has improved on the most recent case I bought. The sides aren’t nearly as tight as before. It is just a small change, but both things have actually made a very meaningful difference!!
What retailer did you buy this case from?

Up to 100% absorption
Which is true for every diaper on the market LOL. There are times they absorb everything.

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TigerDL
dl820 said:
According to a Kimberly-Clark PowerPoint from a conference on February 25, 2022, (link below), Goodnites XL sales at that time were greater than the total sales of the #2 brand. I assume the "#2 brand" would be all sizes of Ninjamas. So it looks good for the future of Goodnites XL production.

https://investor.kimberly-clark.com/static-files/73d87ca0-4636-4860-a25a-778ebd38dd59

View attachment 118912
If they are selling that strong we might see XXL someday then, or if we get really lucky size 8 to 10 in huggies.

Reactions: espectro, TigerDL, FudgedInLuvs and 1 other person
BengieG said:
Yeah. I was looking around more after I checked and typed my reply and saw that as well. Sam's Club has more than one picture of the XL's. One has that and the others do not.

Prairie said:
Which is true for every diaper on the market LOL. There are times they absorb everything.
Yeah, Procter and Gamble (Pampers, Always, etc.) has been using that line heavily in their marketing for the past couple years... I guess they didn't trademark it. Whoops.

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TigerDL
I just bought a Sam’s Club membership after reading these postings and will try to stop by the location near my house sometime later this week and see what they have in stock.

I figure we’re going to see some advertisements soon describing what this is all about. The product hasn’t likely hit the shelves. We may see some them right before advertising or right as it starts.

Reactions: JohnQDiaper
That a real XL-Drynites will come onto the market in the foreseeable future.
That I don't have to spend a fortune to have Goodnites XL shipped over here.
Its a great product those XL Goodnites. And a shame that Drynites focuses more and
more on small children who wet the bed. Not go for teenagers and young adults.

Reactions: 12srepaid and Deleted member 74558
Dutchone said:
That a real XL-Drynites will come onto the market in the foreseeable future.
That I don't have to spend a fortune to have Goodnites XL shipped over here.
Its a great product those XL Goodnites. And a shame that Drynites focuses more and
more on small children who wet the bed. Not go for teenagers and young adults.
It's a real shame that Ninjamas run very small too.
Goodnites could use some healthy competition.
----------------------------------------------------
I do hope that Wal-Mart gets these as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JohnQDiaper, Deleted member 74558, CodyBaby and 1 other person
Wonder if the "quicksorb" is something as simple as a newer type of SAP. After all, this year they pushed the 3 bottles of water over 2, and many have been noticing an increase in absorbency. If they've been playing with the polymers, maybe that could explain why some of the boys have blue vs white leakguards, and if the consumer response has been positive, it could be their "official" change over

• Thinking
Reactions: 12srepaid, Deleted member 74558 and TigerDL
INTrePid said:
Could you ask him why he sold XP Medical? It's gone to shit ever since it was bought by LiveAnew, or whatever conglomerate owns them now.
Actually, he already told me. He was concerned about Amazon's increasing encroachment upon the market, and wasn't willing or able to do battle with them for market share, on top of which he wished to do other things with his life which the demands of the business were stopping. It's the sort of business that requires constant attention.

It is unfortunately true that no one puts the love into a business that its founder does. Gary is a really super guy, and it's sad for us that he sold it, but I'm happy for him.

Incidentally, he is selling things out of his personal stash at vintagediapers.com and has some pretty rare stuff for those who need a fix of nostalgia. :)

Back