Goodnites Innovation 2023?

LaCienega said:
there definitely seems to be some difference to the girl's XL for the June/July 2023 onwards ones. The purple stripe along the elastic has gotten narrower. Anecdotally, they seem to hold slightly more and be more functional, but I have no idea of knowing whether that's reality or some distorted perception. I've included a photo below. The newer one is on the left.
Does the size appear to be the same? They look smaller/shorter in this photo, but the newer one also has a sizable fold in it, that could be taking up some of the length.

What's interesting to me is the positioning of the pastel-colored arcs... On the older ones, there's a light pink pastel arc above the dark pink one, and it extends almost to the middle of the waistband. Weirdly, it only has a thin white line separating it from the dark pink, unlike almost all the other colored arcs, which have thick white lines (aside from one other, which has none). It's almost like they knew they were running out of space, so they just went for a thin line there. Though then they have a thick white line again, and a tiny bit of seafoam green or teal in the very corner, so...I guess they're just mixing it up a bit.

Anyway, I think I still see the light pink arc there, in about the same position on the new ones? It's really hard to tell. That would be a big giveaway for the actual design of the print changing, not just how things are positioned.

I'd love to see what the front of yours look like, particularly with the sides unfolded. The printed purple fake leg cuffs on the front of the girls' GN6A version start pretty much exactly at the bottom of the side panels. They match up similarly to the side panels at the back. I don't think they could shift the design as much as they have on yours, without moving those significantly, along with the moisture indicator/registration mark area.

Yes, I said moisture indicator (excuse me while I veer off on a tangent)... If you look at GoodNites over the past ten years or so, they always have a plain white area at the bottom of the front panel, either a subtle gap in the design or an obvious white rectangle, right where a moisture indicator would be, about where they would get wet first. It may not use disappearing or color-changing ink, but it's still a form of moisture indicator. There's a noticeable change there when it gets wet, that a keen-eyed parent could certainly spot. It's also (and arguably, primarily) a registration mark, printed in UV-reactive ink, and... It's interesting to think about it moving that much. I can't imagine that not being a deliberate thing, because that would likely set off some alarms, literally.

I wonder if adjusting the position of the printed leg cuffs could hint at the sides indeed changing soon, though making them longer on the front might dig into some people's legs, and making them shorter at the back might lead to leaks in the rear... Having more closely-matched lengths for the front and rear side panels would definitely help even out the stresses on things, though, and that might help with a switch to Velcro. If memory serves, Pull-Ups and the Korean GoodNites have front and rear side panels whose sizing is more closely matched to each other than GoodNites have. Of course, if they update the print when bigger changes are implemented, the printed leg cuffs on this version moving could mean nothing, and the printed cuffs might just go right back to where they were before.

In addition to pictures that show the front, with the side panels unfolded, any chance of more pictures of the back, with the panels unfolded, to see how the printed cuffs line up?

Also, regarding the patent that set this thread ablaze... The initial filing for this appears to have been in 2011, likely as part of the design process for the Korean GoodNites, and if I'm understanding things correctly, it looks like that particular one was already granted in the US in 2019, shortly after the application for the one that was mentioned at the start of the thread. That filing appears to be identical, and was applied for more recently, so I'm thoroughly puzzled by what's going on there. It certainly looks like this has been patented in the US since 2019, not just 2022. Is the 2019 filing some sort of revision to the 2011 filing?

To clarify, this particular filing (https://patents.google.com/patent/U...erly+clark&num=100&oq=Kimberly+clark&sort=new) was mentioned at the start of this thread, while this one (https://patents.google.com/patent/U...erly+clark&num=100&oq=Kimberly+clark&sort=new) appears to be identical at first glance, and can be found in the "worldwide applications" section of the other one. There's obviously something I'm missing, that someone more familiar with patents would probably recognize immediately. Anyone have any input or care to point out what I'm missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 74558
Besides the cuffs being blue, are there any other changes to them?

DelC said:
Does the size appear to be the same? They look smaller/shorter in this photo, but the newer one also has a sizable fold in it, that could be taking up some of the length.

What's interesting to me is the positioning of the pastel-colored arcs... On the older ones, there's a light pink pastel arc above the dark pink one, and it extends almost to the middle of the waistband. Weirdly, it only has a thin white line separating it from the dark pink, unlike almost all the other colored arcs, which have thick white lines (aside from one other, which has none). It's almost like they knew they were running out of space, so they just went for a thin line there. Though then they have a thick white line again, and a tiny bit of seafoam green or teal in the very corner, so...I guess they're just mixing it up a bit.

Anyway, I think I still see the light pink arc there, in about the same position on the new ones? It's really hard to tell. That would be a big giveaway for the actual design of the print changing, not just how things are positioned.

I'd love to see what the front of yours look like, particularly with the sides unfolded. The printed purple fake leg cuffs on the front of the girls' GN6A version start pretty much exactly at the bottom of the side panels. They match up similarly to the side panels at the back. I don't think they could shift the design as much as they have on yours, without moving those significantly, along with the moisture indicator/registration mark area.

Yes, I said moisture indicator (excuse me while I veer off on a tangent)... If you look at GoodNites over the past ten years or so, they always have a plain white area at the bottom of the front panel, either a subtle gap in the design or an obvious white rectangle, right where a moisture indicator would be, about where they would get wet first. It may not use disappearing or color-changing ink, but it's still a form of moisture indicator. There's a noticeable change there when it gets wet, that a keen-eyed parent could certainly spot. It's also (and arguably, primarily) a registration mark, printed in UV-reactive ink, and... It's interesting to think about it moving that much. I can't imagine that not being a deliberate thing, because that would likely set off some alarms, literally.

I wonder if adjusting the position of the printed leg cuffs could hint at the sides indeed changing soon, though making them longer on the front might dig into some people's legs, and making them shorter at the back might lead to leaks in the rear... Having more closely-matched lengths for the front and rear side panels would definitely help even out the stresses on things, though, and that might help with a switch to Velcro. If memory serves, Pull-Ups and the Korean GoodNites have front and rear side panels whose sizing is more closely matched to each other than GoodNites have. Of course, if they update the print when bigger changes are implemented, the printed leg cuffs on this version moving could mean nothing, and the printed cuffs might just go right back to where they were before.

In addition to pictures that show the front, with the side panels unfolded, any chance of more pictures of the back, with the panels unfolded, to see how the printed cuffs line up?

Also, regarding the patent that set this thread ablaze... The initial filing for this appears to have been in 2011, likely as part of the design process for the Korean GoodNites, and if I'm understanding things correctly, it looks like that particular one was already granted in the US in 2019, shortly after the application for the one that was mentioned at the start of the thread. That filing appears to be identical, and was applied for more recently, so I'm thoroughly puzzled by what's going on there. It certainly looks like this has been patented in the US since 2019, not just 2022. Is the 2019 filing some sort of revision to the 2011 filing?

To clarify, this particular filing (https://patents.google.com/patent/U...erly+clark&num=100&oq=Kimberly+clark&sort=new) was mentioned at the start of this thread, while this one (https://patents.google.com/patent/U...erly+clark&num=100&oq=Kimberly+clark&sort=new) appears to be identical at first glance, and can be found in the "worldwide applications" section of the other one. There's obviously something I'm missing, that someone more familiar with patents would probably recognize immediately. Anyone have any input or care to point out what I'm missing?
Here's some more pics. Sorry they're not the best quality. Was in a bit of a hurry this morning.

Attachments

• goodnites3.jpg
    goodnites3.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 85
  • goodnites4.jpg
    goodnites4.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 83
  • goodnites2.jpg
    goodnites2.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Fiammaverde and Angelapinks
Just restocked my GoodNites the other day and the newest bag I have was manufactured on July 28, still has the white leak guards. Maybe it was a temporary change due to lack of materials, or a test run for future batches? Not sure.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, FudgedInLuvs and I12BLittle89
thegamer408 said:
Just restocked my GoodNites the other day and the newest bag I have was manufactured on July 28, still has the white leak guards. Maybe it was a temporary change due to lack of materials, or a test run for future batches? Not sure.
I thought it was a materials issue.

DelC said:

That's odd. Why refile in the US then? That doesn't make a lot of sense. If they filed in the US, patent offices generally require a patented technology to be used.

Well just returned with a new box of Goodnites XL. My last box that had the blue leak guards was dated 6-6-2023. The box I picked up today dated 7-8-2023 now is back to the white leak guards. So like someone else previously mentioned, it was probably taken from another line due to being short on product. Just my guess though.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, TigerDL, CodyBaby and 1 other person
ChrisC said:
Well just returned with a new box of Goodnites XL. My last box that had the blue leak guards was dated 6-6-2023. The box I picked up today dated 7-8-2023 now is back to the white leak guards. So like someone else previously mentioned, it was probably taken from another line due to being short on product. Just my guess though.
Except there is no other line using blue leak guards except I believe the Little Movers. The problem is....those leak guards aren't as long as the Goodnites guards. Also, they make all the components in house from raw materials so what would the shortage be?

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Also, they make all the components in house from raw materials so what would the shortage be?
Maybe a bad new batch of materials and resorting to what was just available?

GoodnitesLover8 said:
That's odd. Why refile in the US then? That doesn't make a lot of sense. If they filed in the US, patent offices generally require a patented technology to be used.
Has to be produced, or according to Legal Zoom "The invention itself has to be produced or a patent application containing the invention must be filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)". Could just be filing a patent so another brand couldn't use it as a way to try and copy their waistband and get around it by having velcro sides.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Has to be produced, or according to Legal Zoom "The invention itself has to be produced or a patent application containing the invention must be filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)". Could just be filing a patent so another brand couldn't use it as a way to try and copy their waistband and get around it by having velcro sides.
Yeah but my understanding was that eventually you have to produce or the patent application expires ungranted. Could be wrong. I am no patent attorney

FudgedInLuvs said:
Maybe a bad new batch of materials and resorting to what was just available?
Maybe but I would expect them to scrap instead. No sense potentially upsetting customers

I sure hope Goodnites still decides to do the Velcro side panels.

No, not for us, but to better assist parents & older kids. THEIR NEEDS SHOULD ALWAYS COME FIRST!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 74558, tdlrfootedpjs and CodyBaby
12srepaid said:
I sure hope Goodnites still decides to do the Velcro side panels.

No, not for us, but to better assist parents & older kids. THEIR NEEDS SHOULD ALWAYS COME FIRST!
I'm sure they are in the process for it, but it could take more time than they expected, perhaps the prototypes sent to the testing families needed a complete redesign or need improvements, this can take time, I'm going to assume we will see them out sooner or later.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, deepdriftAD, 12srepaid and 1 other person
DanElmontan said:
Es muy extraño que solo ofrezcan un producto de producción limitada a niñas y no a niños. ¿Están simplemente tratando de vender pantalones de niña L/XL NOS (nuevo stock antiguo) de los mercados de EE. UU. y Canadá a México?

Igualmente extraño es que se comercializan para niños de 7 a 11 años cuando el mismo tamaño combinado en los EE. UU. y Canadá se comercializó para niños de 8 a 15 años. ¿Qué opción tendría un niño que moja la cama una vez que cumpla 12 años en México?

Es sorprendente cómo los productos Goodnites/DryNites y el marketing relacionado varían tanto de una región a otra.
Sí, soy de México y la realidad es que las buenas noches aquí dejan mucho que desear con diseños aburridos, mala absorción, pésimo control de olores y son de 1 a 2 cm más pequeñas que la talla L de EE. UU.

AIn addition, there are only girl's goodnites on amazon but they are the old ones decorated in the United States, the same happens with pull ups, they reuse the design in a diaper of much worse quality, it is enough to see the mexican pull ups and the american pull ups, It is a really big difference that exists, and the fact that they are 1 or 2 cm smaller is that they cannot be marketed for up to 15 years.

DanElmontan said:
Es muy extraño que solo ofrezcan un producto de producción limitada a niñas y no a niños. ¿Están simplemente tratando de vender pantalones de niña L/XL NOS (nuevo stock antiguo) de los mercados de EE. UU. y Canadá a México?

Igualmente extraño es que se comercializan para niños de 7 a 11 años cuando el mismo tamaño combinado en los EE. UU. y Canadá se comercializó para niños de 8 a 15 años. ¿Qué opción tendría un niño que moja la cama una vez que cumpla 12 años en México?

Es sorprendente cómo los productos Goodnites/DryNites y el marketing relacionado varían tanto de una región a otra.
YAnd another thing to add, the girl's edition is only sold through amazon and is the equivalent of 3 dollars more

I got a box of the girls XLs from amazon today that have the blue leakguards in them.

Hoping its a new thing...I like the look better than white....feels more...huggies-diaperish if that makes sense

LaCienega said:
I got a box of the girls XLs from amazon today that have the blue leakguards in them.

Hoping its a new thing...I like the look better than white....feels more...huggies-diaperish if that makes sense
Now that's just strange. Never would have expected to see blue on the girls version. I was expecting, if they were going to put colored leak guards on them, pink or purple... I could imagine it would actually look pretty neat, but...still very odd. Any chance you could share some pictures? I'm curious what that would look like. I imagine it might not really be visible from the outside, though, so...perhaps not much to see.

I wonder if maybe they're trying to add some contrast, and make the presence of the separate leak guards more obvious, by having them be a different color from the actual leg cuffs?

Except, when I look at the photo here (https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/goodnites-innovation-2023.169969/post-2290431), it looks like both the inner leak guards and outer leg cuff are blue. That in and of itself is surprising, as I thought the outer leg cuff material was the outer cover, just folded over to capture some elastic? Having it be blue would require that the cover he blue, so...I must be wrong there.

Last edited:
DelC said:
Now that's just strange. Never would have expected to see blue on the girls version. I was expecting, if they were going to put colored leak guards on them, pink or purple... I could imagine it would actually look pretty neat, but...still very odd. Any chance you could share some pictures? I'm curious what that would look like. I imagine it might not really be visible from the outside, though, so...perhaps not much to see.

I wonder if maybe they're trying to add some contrast, and make the presence of the separate leak guards more obvious, by having them be a different color from the actual leg cuffs?

Except, when I look at the photo here (https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/goodnites-innovation-2023.169969/post-2290431), it looks like both the inner leak guards and outer leg cuff are blue. That in and of itself is surprising, as I thought the outer leg cuff material was the outer cover, just folded over to capture some elastic? Having it be blue would require that the cover he blue, so...I must be wrong there.
My guess is they are testing the systems with theses blue colored ones but will have different colors once the tests have been done successfully. I'm sure they're working on something right now, what, I can't be 100% sure, but they're doing tests clearly, my guess is we have part of a newer version but not the complete new version yet cause its not ready or not fully tested.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, TigerDL, DanElmontan and 1 other person
CodyBaby said:
My guess is they are testing the systems with theses blue colored ones but will have different colors once the tests have been done successfully. I'm sure they're working on something right now, what, I can't be 100% sure, but they're doing tests clearly, my guess is we have part of a newer version but not the complete new version yet cause its not ready or not fully tested.
Exactly. It seems they are testing elements of whatever new design they put into place. If they're going through so much trouble, I'd expect it to add up to a big change

Reactions: 12srepaid
Back