Goodnites Innovation 2023?

JustinCace said:
Who needs such a big capacity overnight or is this for sleepwalkers who can drink in their sleep?
I think the current drynites 8-15 years advertise as 1000ml capacity but I found would always leak between 400-600ml. Often they advertise the ISO absorbancy but not real world use. If I get to 50% of advertised capacity I feel I've done well!

But also if bedwetters would wet twice in the night that could need the capacity there otherwise current goodnites/drynites would leak and they'd have to move onto adult diapers

JustinCace said:
Who needs such a big capacity overnight or is this for sleepwalkers who can drink in their sleep?
I am simultaneously excited for the long wait for a more absorbent product, but honestly, it's not a big capacity change - they use 8 oz bottles in their current Goodnite ad claiming it holds two water bottles. Fair?

So, from 16 oz to 24 oz, but actually 24 oz? Nah. That's only if you can utilize the padding perfectly and pee gently in controlled bursts. It is a step up. If it is a new size with longer leakguards or wider crotch, adding a thin 6.2 oz booster pad might make this a viable option. Oh boy! I hope it has a higher rise.

The $64,000 question is: Why would Kimberly-Clark shell out the money to make this? Looking at the posts, it is probably isn't ABDL folk. Well, here are few thoughts:

1. Maybe this isn't quite a size change as much as using the new advances in thinner diapers that KC debuted in China with the Huggies Super Deluxe, so it's change in SAP and a more rapid absorption product. Which is still good, as it increases the ability for larger bladders to use them. And the new XL is pretty stretchy, so a better SAP (and sadly, thinness, albeit one that swells a great deal) would be good, too. Business-wise, miniaturized diaper cores leads to lighter, thinner diapers (boo!) that are easier to ship, so Kimberly-Clark benefits in competing with Pampers. Might be a tad more expensive. Will this be another ultrathin situation?

2. Increasing share in youth market for diapers - if the product is either in a new "youth pant" size, or all goodnites have more rapid absorption, it can compete with the crummy choices for youth incontinence products. This is good for everybody. Aside from the leak guards, wider crotch and wraparound material, do you really want someone to have to wear papery Prevail Youth Briefs or the like? It's a good strategy.

Well, I look forward to seeing updates!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12srepaid
grst said:
Does anyone else remember right around 2010 Pull-Ups put little tabs near the top of the sides? Those were a great addition. I had a foster son at the time and those little tabs made it so much easier to do a clothes-on change rather than trying to line up the Velcro on each side. I wish K/C would bring that feature back, and I hate that it left.
They removed it because it was a separate component that added complexity at the product line. You will be happy to know there is a patent for integrated fasteners on the sides. Basically an extension of the side material in the shape of a pull tab. As opposed to a separate component. Hopefully they use that patent as well. Haven't heard anything about Pull-Ups innovations for this year though.

Reactions: LilByte
GuybrushT said:
I am simultaneously excited for the long wait for a more absorbent product, but honestly, it's not a big capacity change - they use 8 oz bottles in their current Goodnite ad claiming it holds two water bottles. Fair?

So, from 16 oz to 24 oz, but actually 24 oz? Nah. That's only if you can utilize the padding perfectly and pee gently in controlled bursts. It is a step up. If it is a new size with longer leakguards or wider crotch, adding a thin 6.2 oz booster pad might make this a viable option. Oh boy! I hope it has a higher rise.

The $64,000 question is: Why would Kimberly-Clark shell out the money to make this? Looking at the posts, it is probably isn't ABDL folk. Well, here are few thoughts:

1. Maybe this isn't quite a size change as much as using the new advances in thinner diapers that KC debuted in China with the Huggies Super Deluxe, so it's change in SAP and a more rapid absorption product. Which is still good, as it increases the ability for larger bladders to use them. And the new XL is pretty stretchy, so a better SAP (and sadly, thinness, albeit one that swells a great deal) would be good, too. Business-wise, miniaturized diaper cores leads to lighter, thinner diapers (boo!) that are easier to ship, so Kimberly-Clark benefits in competing with Pampers. Might be a tad more expensive. Will this be another ultrathin situation?

2. Increasing share in youth market for diapers - if the product is either in a new "youth pant" size, or all goodnites have more rapid absorption, it can compete with the crummy choices for youth incontinence products. This is good for everybody. Aside from the leak guards, wider crotch and wraparound material, do you really want someone to have to wear papery Prevail Youth Briefs or the like? It's a good strategy.

Well, I look forward to seeing updates!!!
I really hope these will be a win for KC, just like they did with Goodnites. I doubt P&G would have done anything.
Hopefully Boundless was what was needed for KC to expand it's older youth market. (I hope that make sense.)

Last edited:
grst said:
Does anyone else remember right around 2010 Pull-Ups put little tabs near the top of the sides? Those were a great addition. I had a foster son at the time and those little tabs made it so much easier to do a clothes-on change rather than trying to line up the Velcro on each side. I wish K/C would bring that feature back, and I hate that it left.
I totally forgot about that feature and absolutely miss it. I especially liked the ones that had a colorful fun print on them rather than just being white. So cute.

I thought I had a few pictures of them, but I can't seem to find any. They really were nice, you could put the pull up on like a diaper, and then adjust the sides to be more comfortable and secure. I would love it if they would have that on pull ups again and goodnites to help special needs kids get changed during the day if needed.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, grst and 12srepaid
JustinCace said:
Your kidneys can output over 60ml per hour when properly hydrated and functioning. An 8 hour night's sleep would be around 480ml. That would require an ISO of a well designed and leak resistant product to be around 1000ml. The poorly designed adult products would need an ISO of 2500ml.

This all has to do with the speed at which the diaper can lock away fluids. It gets slower as time goes on and once a diaper reaches about half it's ISO (in a well designed product) you are at a high risk for leakage. This is because fluids are not being locked away by the materials in the diaper fast enough to keep them from pooling allowing them to be pressed out through the leg gathers. Which is why adult products need the ISO more than doubled since the leg gathers don't keep the waterproof backsheet against the skin where it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 74558, JustinCace and 12srepaid
Peartree said:
I think the current drynites 8-15 years advertise as 1000ml capacity but I found would always leak between 400-600ml. Often they advertise the ISO absorbancy but not real world use. If I get to 50% of advertised capacity I feel I've done well!

But also if bedwetters would wet twice in the night that could need the capacity there otherwise current goodnites/drynites would leak and they'd have to move onto adult diapers
Yep i agree , as a bedwetter till 16 back then i tried goodnites and it couldn't really hold a teen wetting , maybe a very small wetting sure. I had to wear tape on diapers for my wetting because of its capacity to hold much more . If for a smaller age group it could possibly hold but for a adult or even a teen i would say it is much more difficult .

GoodnitesLover8 said:

Discreet refastenable sides on enuresis pants. Patent approved February 2022.....
<3

Yuck, look at the design in figure 9. It's like the Ninjamas and generic youth pants, with a wrap-around elastic and the absorbent part pasted between. For some reason I can't sand that style and the way it fits. Current Goodnites have the absorbent part go from front to back waist, with the elastic stuck on the sides.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558
This is such a shining moment if it all goes right. A minor breakthrough.

Remember this is to benefit parents and their kids. Not for most of us.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
This is such a shining moment if it all goes right. A minor breakthrough.

Remember this is to benefit parents and their kids. Not for most of us.
Of course. I'm thinking of it from special needs parents point of view. Easy open sides to avoid entirely stripping the kiddo. This would be nice for us too, but a huge win for the special needs community.

Reactions: 12srepaid and CodyBaby
GoodnitesLover8 said:
Of course. I'm thinking of it from special needs parents point of view. Easy open sides to avoid entirely stripping the kiddo. This would be nice for us too, but a huge win for the special needs community.
Except that don't you need to remove the pants and shoes to put the new pull-up back on? I mean I remember when my kids were small and in pull-ups, yes, the velcro sides made it easier to remove a used pull-up but unless I undid the sides on the new pull-up and put it on like a diaper, you still had to strip them down.

Reactions: Deleted member 74558 and 12srepaid
Spidermanbatman said:
Except that don't you need to remove the pants and shoes to put the new pull-up back on? I mean I remember when my kids were small and in pull-ups, yes, the velcro sides made it easier to remove a used pull-up but unless I undid the sides on the new pull-up and put it on like a diaper, you still had to strip them down.
Of course you don't need to take off pants and shoes to put on a Pull-Up. You can unfasten the sides and put it on like a diaper. That works standing up of lying down. That might be a problem for potty training kids because it kind of breaks the "pullups aren't diapers" thing. But on special needs kids, it would work fine.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, 12srepaid and CodyBaby
I wish there was a way to teach that diapers/pull-ups are NOT just for babies, elderly, and severely disabled people. There are plenty of people in between that need protection.

Also, some parents need to stop saying things like "If you're going to keep wetting the bed, we are going treat you like a baby.", and then they treat their kids like babies. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadianfalls and DanElmontan
12srepaid said:
I wish there was a way to teach that diapers/pull-ups are NOT just for babies, elderly, and severely disabled people. There are plenty of people in between that need protection.

Also, some parents need to stop saying things like "If you're going to keep wetting the bed, we are going treat you like a baby.", and then they treat their kids like babies. :(
It already seems to be accepted for the most part, My cousin has multiple friends who know about him but say nothing and he isn't afraid of his goodnites being visible.

Reactions: curiouslittle1, Canadianfalls, chuck and 3 others
DLjoey974 said:
It already seems to be accepted for the most part, My cousin has multiple friends who know about him but say nothing and he isn't afraid of his goodnites being visible.
That was really awesome of your cousin's friends.
I think the taboo problem mainly has to do with some adults.

I wasn't exactly sure how to present my comment.

DLjoey974 said:
Wow. Yes, I have read anecdotes about children being much more sensitive these days. It's great! And it's not limited to bedwetting either (race, sexuality, gender, religion, etc.). Tolerance seems up across the board. How old is your cousin? I think age can play a role in this with older kids being less understanding of bedwetting or other sorts of developmental differences.

12srepaid said:

I work for a company that tries to educate that diapers, pull-ups and disposable underwear are not just for babies (reaffirming what you are saying).

I personally wear protection and don't care about the stigma anymore, my pants stay dry and I don't have to worry about people seeing wet pants.

And having special needs kids, my wife and I are teaching them that diapers and pull-ups are for "just in case or are keep pants dry" so that they don't feel ashamed and we can continue to break the stigma.

P.S. my wife and I both wear 24/7 due to IC but we don't care about the stigma anymore, it's part of who we are and for all anyone knows, it's just our underwear 😉

Reactions: Deleted member 74558, curiouslittle1, Canadianfalls and 2 others
GoodnitesLover8 said:
Wow. Yes, I have read anecdotes about children being much more sensitive these days. It's great! And it's not limited to bedwetting either (race, sexuality, gender, religion, etc.). Tolerance seems up across the board. How old is your cousin? I think age can play a role in this with older kids being less understanding of bedwetting or other sorts of developmental differences.

Back