Going on a first date, I need help

@Cammer I'm assuming you had your first date? How did it go? Hopefully well! Have you figured out your strategy?

Reactions: Diprs2 and LePew
i think u should wait til the 2nd or 3rd date maybe longer but thats my opinion its entirley your call but i hope it all comes together for you though keep us posted if u dont mind ❤️xxx

Reactions: Diprs2
You don’t pull your pants down on a first date or you probably won’t have a second one, j/k but seriously the first date is about making a good impression, unless she notices and brings it up (which is highly doubtful) you should focus on having a good time and seeing she does as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
I met my now wife of 28 years at a murder mystery party and I knew from the outset she was special. We ended up in bed that night and I told her there and then. I had to as I would have to put a nappy on to sleep. She knew I had been injured in the army but not how it had affected me and she was amazing about it. Still is.

Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
EcoIncon said:
] I'm assuming you had your first date? How did it go? Hopefully well! Have you figured out your strategy?
it was good, we went to the movies and out for dinner. We had good conversation about what we were looking for and what we liked and all that stuff to get to know each other. She told me she was a assistant at a hospital but know is an assistant at an eye Drs. my plan was to wait for the third date just to allow her time to get to know me a little but we did end up talking a lot about honesty and me being so honest I did end up telling her. I basically said its not something that defines me but it is a small part of me. she was very excepting of it and wasn't bothered at all. Joked about how it wasn't anything she hadn't seen at the hospital. I didn't go into details about how I manage or that I wear diapers for it, just the Incontinence part but I figure she will either assume the diapers or it will be a conversation farther down the road. She did ask questions about my IC and I was open about it. overall it went good and we are going on a second date next week after Christmas is over and all the crazy ends.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, LePew and 11 others
Cammer said:
it was good, we went to the movies and out for dinner...
Glad to hear it... Good luck!

I would go with waiting until a few dates or when the first real kiss takes place. Speaking as the lady of the date side my now long time boyfriend told me about his 'condition' after three dates and our first true kiss. I knew he was paralysed from his waist down and had an inkling that he may have issues, but didn't really care. He was really open about both his bladder and penis at the right time in our relationship.

Reactions: Diprs2, Dinotopian2002 and EcoIncon
I hope your next date goes well - I appreciate incontinence can be a taboo subject at times, but when you date with any kind of disability, it's important to have a good attitude about it - at the very least, it's not your main defining factor. Your incontinence is just part of the package that makes up you.

You've handled it really well so far - and she's taken it really well too. I hope your next date goes well too.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Cammer said:
So I started talking to a girl and we are going on our first date a week from today. What do I do, should I tell her about my IC? I don’t want her to think I intentionally held that back from her when we get farther along in a relationship, if we do. What do y’all think
If you do go out with her more it'd probably be best to tell her ..If she is worth a relationship and really cares for you and you want it to go further she'll HAVE TO know .. Not much point hiding it for obvious reasons ..

Wait a couple dates and hopefully they are understanding.... my experience hasn't been very good

Dinotopian2002 said:
I hope your next date goes well - I appreciate incontinence can be a taboo subject at times, but when you date with any kind of disability, it's important to have a good attitude about it - at the very least, it's not your main defining factor. Your incontinence is just part of the package that makes up you.

You've handled it really well so far - and she's taken it really well too. I hope your next date goes well too.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
Thank you, we have been talking every day for the past month now, been on two dates and I am looking forward to a third. She has been great so far and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, CheshireCat and LePew
Back