nightfox320

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
So I put this in the off topic section as I touches global politics to a degree. I am curious on everyone’s thoughts about increasing global tension and the current currency shift and it’s impact on the disposable diaper market.

I feel like for now the impact is pretty obvious considering the rising price of oil based products and products manufactured in China. However as global tension continued to grow and many countries begin to move away from the USD experts are theorizing we may return to a global economy similar to that of pre WW2 or even Cold War Era economies. Economies separate from one another and all trading in multiple currencies instead of, for the most part, USD.

I’m wondering if this global power shift and foreseeable increasing in cost of oil based Chinese made products will result in an increase in stateside manufacturing.

In my mind it would make sense as even now we are seeing issues resourcing products from China. It just has me wondering if we may see more USA and European produced diapers flood the western markets.

Anyway would like to know y’all’s thoughts.

The west is far too dependent on China for consumer goods of all kinds. Designed in the USA but made in China is not the way forward. Glad Tena are made in Scandinavia so I feel less economically guilty about buying nappies. Strange, Chinese electronics are relatively cheap but diapers relatively expensive, but the electronics market is bigger. Might have some more thoughts later.

• Love
Reactions: Magicalgirl101, nightfox320 and BobbiSueEllen
I have no problem with domestic product...as long as they make 'em good. In fact, I prefer domestic if at all possible. Not an easy thing to get since 1993. 🤔

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, I12BLittle89, nightfox320 and 1 other person
Tenawearer said:
The west is far too dependent on China for consumer goods of all kinds. Designed in the USA but made in China is not the way forward. Glad Tena are made in Scandinavia so I feel less economically guilty about buying nappies. Strange, Chinese electronics are relatively cheap but diapers relatively expensive, but the electronics market is bigger. Might have some more thoughts later.
Same here. I love the Seni Brand and to my understanding it’s made in Poland.

Hopefully as things become more tender we may see more trade with Poland, Scandinavia, etc and more domestic diapers. I wouldn’t complain one bit …. That’s assuming as @BobbiSueEllen said they remain quality products and don’t turn back into cheap thin diaper like attends and depends.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
I have no problem with domestic product...as long as they make 'em good. In fact, I prefer domestic if at all possible. Not an easy thing to get since 1993. 🤔
Reference to NAFTA?

I12BLittle89 said:
Reference to NAFTA?
Nope...APEC 1993, Seattle/Blake Island.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
On-shoring or friend shoring is going to happen but it’s a slow and painful process. There’s no doubt western economies can produce everything but at a much higher cost. With inflation already red hot this puts western governments between a rock and a hard place. We may be the ultimate losers in this in that niche products like abdl diapers will have a hard time attracting investors for on shore manufacturing. The collapse of Dry Care and the cessation of Tena and Northshore supreme lites in North America is not a good sign either. One of us needs to win the PowerBall. 💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵

Reactions: nightfox320
Back