Not open for further replies.

Dylan292

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
I always wondering if anyone got diapered in a hospital I'm not sure if they still do unless incontinence I have stood in the hospital during my teen years don't remember ever getting padded I had to use a bottle or a bed pan I even got a catheter and now those are painful

In the UK where I am they wouldn't do that routinely. If you are mobile you'd use the loo. If you are bed-bound they'll help you too the loo, offer bed pans and bottles, or even a catheter as appropriate. I had an overnight hospital stay about a year ago and they put an absorbent pad (small sheet, not diaper) on top of the sheet for me to lie on. To be fair it worked like a diaper.

SpacemanJack said:
In the UK where I am they wouldn't do that routinely. If you are mobile you'd use the loo. If you are bed-bound they'll help you too the loo, offer bed pans and bottles, or even a catheter as appropriate. I had an overnight hospital stay about a year ago and they put an absorbent pad (small sheet, not diaper) on top of the sheet for me to lie on. To be fair it worked like a diaper.

Luckily never had to stay in hospital myself. I had to visit a friend in hospital a couple years ago who was quite seriously ill. He was bedbound and had to use a catheter. I'm guessing they're much easier to change for the nurses than nappies.

hello_nurse_by_icelion87-d3cdpo3.jpg

HELLOOOOOOOOO NURSE!

• Haha
Reactions: Zeke, Diaper44, DLDeeder and 7 others
  • Haha
Reactions: brut2333, Zeke, Diaper44 and 3 others
One time I overdosed on quetiapine (long story) and passed out in the emergency room, where I promptly passed out cold while looking for a bathroom. I peed myself on the floor and they had to cut my clothes off, and when I woke up I was wearing a diaper. It was dry and I was able to get changed out of it, but other than that I've never needed one. However, most of the times I've been hospitalized it was for mental health, not physical health.

• Wow
Reactions: Chosen
When I had diarrhea due to stomach flu.
I had to stay at hospital with an IV.
But then I didn't like when I had to wear a patient gown.
Damn nurses just took off my pants and my socks.
I was left in my boxers after being put in IV.
Then a big tomboy nurse came in and then she lifted up my patient gown and she ripped off my boxers! 😭
She grabbed me and then I was put in a tape diaper.
I was so pooped and feeling so disgusted!.
Yuck!!!!

Reactions: Diaper44, Rcramere and Dylan292
  • Haha
Reactions: DippyDawg and LittlePrince
A relative of mine (mid 40s) had a stroke last year and when we went to visit he was wearing an ID slip tape up nappy. He was quite matter of fact about it and openly spoke about how he had to freely let go into it when he woke up in the morning.

Reactions: Rezzu and Dylan292
BobbiSueEllen said:
"Hmph. Your mother used Pampers" --Dr. Scratchansniff :LOL: 🥳 💕

What a line 😄
Gotta be at least one ABDL who worked on Animaniacs.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
How much quetiapine did you take/OD on? I'm taking it as a mood stabilizer, but it just knocks you out consistently every night. No problems from it though.

• Haha
Reactions: DippyDawg and LittlePrince
jellyjigger said:
How much quetiapine did you take/OD on? I'm taking it as a mood stabilizer, but it just knocks you out consistently every night. No problems from it though.
I don't remember the exact dosage, but it was 8 times my prescription, and yes it knocked me out after 30 minutes. Take your prescribed dose and you'll be aces.

I wouldn't like to be like this!.
(I hated a lot when nurses took me off from my pants and socks that time when having stomach flu, but I hated a lot when they took me off my boxers for to be put in tape diapers and being so pooped!)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587391474774.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587391474774.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: luke and emp711
I’ve had several surgeries that have kept me in United States hospitals for at least overnight. Two eye surgeries at age 12 and younger, spinal surgery at 35, shoulder surgery to remove a large tumor at 45 and surgery to implant a pacemaker at 58. In each of these experiences they used the desire to use the restroom as a good motivator to get you up and ambulatory as soon as possible. They took donor bone from my hip for the spinal surgery and after coming to following the surgery they told me I probably wouldn’t be able to walk very well but I assured them that the catheter was coming out with or without their help. After nearly going to my knees despite be aided by two nurses I made the trip with a walker and on the return trip the supervising nurse said she wanted two turns around the central nurses station from me. After I had made about five rounds she told that I had done plenty and I explained that I hadn’t taken notice of my room number and didn’t know which was mine.

Last edited:
When I have had to go into the hospital (not often) I come in wearing a diaper and I am kept in diapers. I have mobility issues and my incontinence is a known medical issue due to my disability. The nurses and aides are very professional about it and they always get me clean when I wet or mess. I usually bring diapers from home because I find that the hospital ones don’t work well

Reactions: emp711
Since I am bladder incontinent and have IBS CIC, I have to wear diapers 24/7. I have been in the hospital for weeks at a time before and was always wearing my diapers. The only times the nurses helped was when I had heart cath and wasn't allowed to move for 4 hours. I warned them with all the IV fluids and the cheap diaper they had on me, I would end up leaking. They had no problem taking care of me when it did happen. All the other times, as long as I could change myself, I changed myself instead of having them help. Around here they are always really short handed so the nurses may have 6 or more patients each and the techs may have 12. I do all I can to be as respectful with them and of their time.

Reactions: chuck
CPDude said:
When I have had to go into the hospital (not often) I come in wearing a diaper and I am kept in diapers. I have mobility issues and my incontinence is a known medical issue due to my disability. The nurses and aides are very professional about it and they always get me clean when I wet or mess. I usually bring diapers from home because I find that the hospital ones don’t work well

That is exactly my approach as well… If you come in wearing one, most health professionals will assume you need it And I agree whatever you have to do to bring your usual supplies… Trust me you will feel much better :)

Reactions: Dylan292
LonelyFOX said:
I wouldn't like to be like this!.
(I hated a lot when nurses took me off from my pants and socks that time when having stomach flu, but I hated a lot when they took me off my boxers for to be put in tape diapers and being so pooped!)
You might as well been wearing tissue paper… Being completely embarrassed is bad enough but when their solution does not even work that makes it worse… I am so sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back