Genuine Continence issue question to induce leakage as well as butt plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
partially in a wheelchair.

I have Bladder retention and leakage and over-sensory issues with the bladder (I also have autism) as well as issues with slight leakage and severe constipation of the bowels.

Public Urologist has no confidence in how to treat me he expressed to me and my Support worker (who is also a nurse) I see my Continence Nurse early next month for a follow-up

I am wondering
Are there any reusable anal plugs to keep prescribed suppositories in for the required 30mins due to bowel issues due to spinal signal issues?

Also looking at an Indwelling catheter to drain into diapers like a temporary stent (to stop the over-sensory issues and retention) I do not want a bag as I am mostly mobile as well as a bag gets twisted as well as pee can escape around the catheter as well as I can't self-cath due to disabilities incl Essential tremors in my hand which are too extreme.

A previous Public Urologist stated years ago they can't do anything as they could make the leakage or retention worse hence the idea of induced incontinence as well as making myself physically and psychologically sick with dehydration as water aggravates the overstimulation of my bladder hence I drink mostly Pepsi max or coke zero with is damaging me teeth etc

As it is these issues are really affecting me mentally to the point of thoughts of Self Harm (don't worry I won't as I have a fur baby that keeps me on my toes and hasn't had a depressive episode in years) as really who would want to really piss themselves but I think would be the healthier option ( a means to an end )overall if it allows me to drink more fluids including water (replacing caffeine etc) I have also mentioned this to my psychologist and psychiatrist as I also have Bipolar and Autism so it affects both and also mentioned it to Urologist (in writing but ignored my concerns and symptoms as well as my Continence Nurse has been sympathetic with me and I have emailed her.

Has anyone done this if so any recommendations

TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and tbjay
Hi TIA,

how do you empty your bladder now? Your writing that you have bladder retention and can‘t‚ do ISC.

To your question: Using an invelleding catheter without a bag is not the best idea, because this will cause sooner or later UTI‘s. More over there is the risk that he slips in the direction of the bladder and you have problems to get it out again. If you have also fecal incontinence this is even more dangerous.
When I read what you write I‘m not sure if you really drink enough. Obstipation and the urge can also come from dehydration. If the urine is to concentrated it irritates the bladder.

The next question would be: what should the suppositories that do not stay in do?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Must be a nightmare. I hope someone here has something to offer to help you .

mickdl said:
Hi TIA,

how do you empty your bladder now? Your writing that you have bladder retention and can‘t‚ do ISC.

To your question: Using an invelleding catheter without a bag is not the best idea, because this will cause sooner or later UTI‘s. More over there is the risk that he slips in the direction of the bladder and you have problems to get it out again. If you have also fecal incontinence this is even more dangerous.
When I read what you write I‘m not sure if you really drink enough. Obstipation and the urge can also come from dehydration. If the urine is to concentrated it irritates the bladder.

The next question would be: what should the suppositories that do not stay in do?
I dont think I can hold things in my rectum that long bowel urges

Hi So me and my now partner have used many butt plugs. , I purchased a new type of butt plug the other week as it looked very different too the ones I have seen. The head splayed out and it had a metal base. Stupidly I purchased one called " e stim" being nieve I had no idea what this ment safe too say do not use the remote unless you want too be shocked.... Anyway the splayed type allowed for it too stay in without any issue like regular ones just fall out. OK yes it's for sexual purposes but it might work for you.

Reactions: Diprs2
tomcat said:
I dont think I can hold things in my rectum that long bowel urges
mickdl said:
Hi TIA,

Well I force it out with pressure and my bladder can hold up to a litre before I feel any sensation due to spinal injury(surprised the urologist)

Fecael Incontinence well I have just the urge and stain back of nappy occassionally mostly constipation hence a good clean out daily was kind of suggested by continence nurse by my support workers

Laxative suppositories should stay in for 30mins for best results

Last edited:
I to have tht issue

tomcat said:
I am wondering
Are there any reusable anal plugs to keep prescribed suppositories in for the required 30mins due to bowel issues due to spinal signal issues?
Hi Tomcat,

I don't have any recommendations for a reusable anal plug. But possibly look into peristeen by coloplast they sell a disposable anal plug "Peristeen® Anal Plug".
Also are the suppositories medicine? or are they to induce bowel movements? If it is to induce bowel movements I find that the Peristeen Plus Trans-anal Irrigation works quite well and I prefer it over a laxative any day.

I had similar issues with the catheters and urinary retention, and I eventually went with a capped supra-pubic catheter. The advantage of this if you do lose the cap and it dose drain into a diaper the chance of infection in limited as it not going through all the structures of the urinary tract but directly from the bladder itself. It does take a year for the stoma to heal after the surgery and you do have to go in to have it changed regularly, but it work, something to consider. I went to that after 7 UTI with an indwelling catheter, that was enough for one year. As for the suppository thing I'm not really sure as you might want to discuss that with your continence nurse, she may have some suggestion, as I do know of patient who have used just a common tampon to keep things like that in place, but that's up to you.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
So I'm one of the naughty boys who has done the catheter into a diaper thing just to see how it would be. It kept my bladder emptied, which was my purpose (I hate the feeling of a full bladder) but my urethra was always somewhat irritated, maybe even infected, and I eventually got an infection in my bladder as a result. I think what happened was stuff growing in the diaper got tracked into my urethra by the movement of the catheter in and out slightly, and eventually it got all the way in when I changed catheters. Also, while I started out being careful and clean, let's just say I got sloppy. It was painful, but I don't have any continuing problems. I do wish to avoid repeating that experience, though. Since then I've tried again a few times, being careful, and come to the conclusion that stuff working its way up between the urethral wall and the catheter is pretty much unavoidable when worn this way.

I have been experimenting with stent designs, making a device I can install and remove myself that will be entirely inside my body at all times when it is being worn, and I expect several advantages over the cather into a diaper trick. The big advantage is that since it is entirely inside me, nothing should be able to work its way up between the tube and the urethra, plus keeping the urethra wet and flushed should also be beneficial to comfort and avoiding infections.

I'm not suggesting you should do the same as I'm doing, but I am aware of a medical device, Memokath 045, which a urologist could insert to see if that resolved your issue. https://pnnmedical.com/memokath/memokathtm-045-bladder-neck/ It is meant to be installed to resolve bladder neck stricture (opening too small) and that may be the problem you're having. If it is the external sphincter stopping you, it theoretically could be placed there, but that would make you incontinent while it was in place. As this is not where it is approved to be used, your urologist might object to that placement. However, whatever the case turns out to be, it seems like a stent might be the solution you're seeking. It's easier to remove a catheter, but stents are also removable, so if the result was unsatisfactory you wouldn't be stuck with it. I would look that direction if this problem is not expected to be quite temporary. I wouldn't want to use a catheter in a diaper as a long term solution.

Last edited:
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
... I am aware of a medical device, Memokath 045, which a urologist could insert to see if that resolved your issue. https://pnnmedical.com/memokath/memokathtm-045-bladder-neck/ It is meant to be installed to resolve bladder neck stricture (opening too small) and that may be the problem you're having. ... if the result was unsatisfactory you wouldn't be stuck with it.
Thanks, that looks like a perfect solution to my stricture problem. I will ask my urologist about it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
slimjiminy said:
Thanks, that looks like a perfect solution to my stricture problem. I will ask my urologist about it.
Happy to help, if it works for you. I hope it does.

Last edited:
tomcat said:

Closing this thread, because:
1. The use of anal plugs is really a topic for the sexuality forum, since as far as I know they're not used medically.
2. The approach of using anal plugs might be dangerous if your inability to go is due to medical issues.
3. We (ADISC) do not support the idea of someone deliberately trying to induce incontinence for any reason. If your doctors are telling you this isn't a good strategy to use... please listen to them.
4. We (ADISC) can't provide medical advice, and this really seems like a medical issue. If your current doctors aren't providing you safe and useful advice then seek out additional healthcare professionals.

Reactions: hbic60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back