Future Awareness Movement Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinod said:
Yeah things like this dont' become more common, they just become more well-known and well-understood. It's like autism or A.D.D. It didn't suddenly become more common in the last 20 yrs, it's just being more widely identified and counted.

Too right. But while it probably goes without saying, I'll point out that parents, educators, and society in general are highly motivated to understand and support those with ADHD and autism because of the serious setbacks those conditions can otherwise (and often do) become. On the other hand, things like wanting to wear diapers are such singular anomalies that they're easily cast as misbehavior and get dealt with punitively. And it works, actually, because most of us learn to hide it pretty quickly, and then what kind of incentive does the world have to deal with us? :shrug: Not much of one. Problem solved. (From the world's perspective.)

And I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. In all quests for acceptance, there's a bit of need and a bit of greed, and always in different proportions. In ours, I think things lean a bit more toward the latter than the former. Let's be honest: The world has better things to concern itself with than the freedom to wear diapers and suck on pacifiers without ridicule. MUCH better things!

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
. . . On the other hand, things like wanting to wear diapers are such singular anomalies that they're easily cast as misbehavior and get dealt with punitively. And it works, actually, because most of us learn to hide it pretty quickly, and then what kind of incentive does the world have to deal with us? :shrug: Not much of one. Problem solved. (From the world's perspective.). . .

This is why I'm a fan of leaving the punishment to The Father in heaven. Punitive discipline doesn't work for humans too well. All it does is teach sneakiness.

The discipline I prefer works best by showing examples, so I shall. Toddler hits friend to get toy back, adult lets the child who hits, see that adult tend to the hurt friend first. The adult says something like, "You hit your friend. Did that feel nice? It made you feel bad too, didn't it? Did that get you your toy back? What's a better way to get your toy back? How can you show sorry?

In a toy store, a, "new toy, now," tantrum takes place, but the child has been earning $.41 a week since he got his first case of, "I wants."

"Well, honey, do you have enough money? (Or did you bring it) "I spended it on the ice cream man!" (or didn't bring it) "Well, sweetie, save a bit, and I'll pay half. (Or "Maybe next time you should bring it. What can you do to remember?")

At any point in the conversation an adult might say, "Come on. We're going to the car until you calm down."

"You aren't in trouble. Talk to me. Did you go in your undies? O. . . Kay, umm, why? This wasn't an accident, was it? I know you know where to go, so, what's your point? It feels different, does it? Well, let's agree on where you can play with wet or messy pants on. How about the cement floor basement, the bathroom, and outside, because it's gonna be harder for you to clean up any place else. Have any other ideas? Is there anything you wanna ask me for?"

Last edited:
I'd like there to be an "out there" movement, kind of, for us. Having said that, you would have to justify an "out there" movement for people with vomit fetishes or other fetishes which would be very unsavory to people who don't have those fetishes.

My thinking for us is that we got to focus on doing something about:

1. Educating parents to not freak out if they discover their child has a harmless fetish/paraphile of any kind,

2. Educating people that we are not pedophiles.

The only time I think you really should be "outed" is if you have a "play room" and friends are likely to come by your house.

tiny said:
By amazing coincidence, I was reading about this recycling centre a few minutes ago:
http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/ne..._Hayes_nappy_recycling_facility/?ref=mr&lp=12

No, no, no! Don't apologise! I only posted my thread to show how homophobic the world still is, and how far we have to go to promote values such as personal freedom. I'm sorry if it came across a bit grumpy... I was trying to educate people about the state of gay rights across the world. I didn't mean for anyone to think they should apologise in any way for anything at all... :-/ Stay sunny :smile:

Ah thanks man! 'Stay sunny' - Made my evening! bringmesunshine p.s I have homosexual and bi' friends so I'm in no way blind to that particular world!

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
It seems to me that, a mere two decades ago, homosexuality was regarded as being much less common than it plainly is these days. Clearly, its being somewhat common has played an *enormous* part in the level of acceptance it now enjoys. And what about the rest of the letters in GLBTQCHEBXJF or whatever it's called today? Well, I think they were lucky to have so much homosexual company to hitch a ride with, because you sorta need a big group to gain popular support. So the question I would pose is: Are there a huge number of ABDLs in the world? (Using homosexuality as a benchmark?) And if not, who are we hitchhiking to Acceptance Land with?

My own perhaps-grim view on these matters is that ABDL doesn't quite meet the bar for acceptance on its own, and neither does it quite fit the mold for the sort of sexual/gender issues that are gaining support right now thanks to their very advantageous friendship with homosexuality. ABDL is--or seems to me to be--a rounding error next to the populations we're comparing it to in this thread.

But! Maybe I'm wrong, just like so many were wrong about homosexuality decades ago. I guess I'm also just not all that inclined to seek broad acceptance for something I would never do outwardly in public anyway. After all, for me, it's not really comparable to being able to kiss my wife in public without drawing negative attention. Rather, it's about a kind of underwear, and I don't broadcast the kind of underwear I'm wearing, because that would be weird--even if I was wearing ordinary boxer shorts or something.

To a great extent, not being upset about a less-than-ideal situation means simply having reasonable expectations. We live in a world where parents expect us to give up diapers, pacifiers, onsies, etc., by a certain age. That ain't changing. And as long as it doesn't change, it will be regarded as very weird to return to these things as an ABDL later in life. Don't get me wrong; I'd love a society that was less judgmental, but that society is a dream world. In real life, societies have norms, and ABDL is not among them. It's nothing personal, it just... is. It's like a math problem. Best to accept that and move along, IMO.

I read all of this and would like to add something and question you with something (if you will). If ABDLI(nfantilism) is genetic and my kid/s end up like me I will support them completely...before you raise it as an issue I know an excepting partner's a very important part of this......a ridiculously important part! ...we're talking my kids here! Secondly does any part of you think that we ABDLI's need our own Caitlyn style occurance? A really big?public/both celebrity coming out and all that...again before you say it I know that because we're...you know...us(!) exceptance could be a much slower burner if it arrives at all but again I am someone who is in the possesssion of the default setting of Hope! bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

DKDL said:
I can't comment because you took the words right out of my mouth.
Good article.

Er...thanks? bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
Yeah things like this dont' become more common, they just become more well-known and well-understood. It's like autism or A.D.D. It didn't suddenly become more common in the last 20 yrs, it's just being more widely identified and counted.

I'd been pondering why "being gay" hasn't been selected out by evolution. Gay couples obviously don't breed and pass on their combined genes. But yet we're recognizing it in other species - I've seen articles on homosexual penguins, dogs, chickens, you name it. It's not a uniquely human trait. I got to thinking, maybe it's something that's more of a "community benefit" trait? Like self-sacrifice? A parent risking their life to save their child makes genetic sense, but a person willing to risk their life for another unrelated person does not - not directly. It benefits the local gene pool however, and so gets selected for, indirectly. I wonder if somehow homosexuality is the same way? Maybe something related to child rearing? (like how grandparents like to take care of the kids, long after they've lost the ability to breed) Certain groups seem to be stereotypically emphasized by gay membership, (fashion designing men, numerous scientists...) makes you wonder if somehow that gives them a communal edge? Maybe the homosexual scientist in the past tended to not have a family and thus be able to dedicate more time to research? I dunno. It's interesting to think about though.

Homosexuality has been around for a long time, and it's not getting any more common as of lately. It is entertaining from time to time though watching morons try to argue against homosexuality, in things like adoption. "We can't allow gay couples to adopt, they'll raise their children gay!" um... so how are all these straight couples managing to raise their children to be gay?? Or the "homosexuality is a CHOICE!" ok... lets experiement... choose to be gay for a few minutes, and go give that guy a kiss. What, you can't choose to be gay, while someone else is supposed to choose to be straight? I've got a better idea, why don't you just go tell all these straight couples to stop making gay babies! (it's obviously all their fault! They must be choosing to make a gay baby! haha...) Idiots. Not sure whether its best to be mad at them, feel sorry for them, or be ashamed to be associated with them...

A very good post Mr Nod! Undeniable and clear-when-observed infantilism in animals would be most intresting! Sadly all we've got so far - and I'm still talking infantilistic animals here (!) - is the axolotl...exactly! bringmesunshine

Last edited:
bringmesunshine said:
I read all of this and would like to add something and question you with something (if you will). If ABDLI(nfantilism) is genetic and my kid/s end up like me I will support them completely...before you raise it as an issue I know an excepting partner's a very important part of this......a ridiculously important part! ...we're talking my kids here! Secondly does any part of you think that we ADLI's need our own Caitlyn style occurance? A really big?public/both celebrity coming out and all that...again before you say it I know that because we're...you know...us(!) exceptance could be a much slower burner if it arrives at all but again I am someone who is in the possesssion of the default setting of Hope!

Oh, don't go mistaking me for a hope-killer. I'm all for hope. But this thread seems to be more of a rallying cry, so it's probably worth asking: Is there actually something here to accomplish? I'm just not seeing it. That's all I'm saying.

Hope away, by all means. I hope I win the lottery, but I'm not going to launch a campaign for better odds. A more practical approach to growing my wealth is to go and earn it in some conventional, mundane way. And that's what those of us with fetishes and whatnot sorta need to do: Take the time to really embed with the people we want to be around--family, friends, etc.--and then, if or when the time comes to divulge our secrets, we do it with an established history of normalcy and/or general goodness as a ballast.

You mention acceptance from a partner. Well... that's how it's gonna happen. Anything else is an unproductive distraction, because being aware of a strange thing isn't the same as embracing it. I can be aware of and sympathetic toward transgenders, for instance, but does that make me more apt to date one? Ehhhm... :shrug: No? Not really. I'm just being honest! I need a bio-female. For my comfort zone to change its boundaries in any major way, it needs to take a point-blank direct hit from somebody awesome who happens to manifest a trait I'm uncomfortable with. No casual mass-media exposure to a thing will suffice. Let's not waste our time pretending it will, either.

So, yes... hope! But practicality first. Because we're not a bunch of selfless, quasi-suicidal people trying to do something that will benefit ABDLs three generations hence. We're sorta hoping for something that makes our lives better now, right? And we don't have the numbers to make a dent in the world's perceptions of us. On the other hand, we do have the numbers to work directly with those around us--and get instant results!

Baby steps. :)

Cottontail said:
Oh, don't go mistaking me for a hope-killer. I'm all for hope. But this thread seems to be more of a rallying cry, so it's probably worth asking: Is there actually something here to accomplish? I'm just not seeing it. That's all I'm saying.

Hope away, by all means. I hope I win the lottery, but I'm not going to launch a campaign for better odds. A more practical approach to growing my wealth is to go and earn it in some conventional, mundane way. And that's what those of us with fetishes and whatnot sorta need to do: Take the time to really embed with the people we want to be around--family, friends, etc.--and then, if or when the time comes to divulge our secrets, we do it with an established history of normalcy and/or general goodness as a ballast.

You mention acceptance from a partner. Well... that's how it's gonna happen. Anything else is an unproductive distraction, because being aware of a strange thing isn't the same as embracing it. I can be aware of and sympathetic toward transgenders, for instance, but does that make me more apt to date one? Ehhhm... :shrug: No? Not really. I'm just being honest! I need a bio-female. For my comfort zone to change its boundaries in any major way, it needs to take a point-blank direct hit from somebody awesome who happens to manifest a trait I'm uncomfortable with. No casual mass-media exposure to a thing will suffice. Let's not waste our time pretending it will, either.

So, yes... hope! But practicality first. Because we're not a bunch of selfless, quasi-suicidal people trying to do something that will benefit ABDLs three generations hence. We're sorta hoping for something that makes our lives better now, right? And we don't have the numbers to make a dent in the world's perceptions of us. On the other hand, we do have the numbers to work directly with those around us--and get instant results!

Baby steps. :)

How i feel sometimes - sometimes! ...if she (and she here is any woman!) can give me children and she excepts me...I'll marry her (!) I wouldn't care what fetish (if any) she had! bringmesunshine

bringmesunshine said:
How i feel sometimes - sometimes! ...if she (and she here is any woman!) can give me children and she excepts me...I'll marry her (!) I wouldn't care what fetish (if any) she had! bringmesunshine
Could not say it better myself. I say over and over again on this site that it is better to have a lifelong companion who accepts you as you are but does not participate, than to have an ABDL or mommy/daddy who leaves you two years later and takes your crib! [emoji14]aci:

In my opinion, having Adult Baby desires is not a choice. If I forced myself to stop I would undergo mental turmoil and lose myself to the darkness. It's true that Adult Babies are most likely never going to be as accepted as being gay, but that doesn't mean we should give up.

Young people are very sensitive and are going through bad times due to thinking being an adult baby is wrong. If we don't try to make things better we are doing them a disservice.

I am not talking about world wide acceptance, but awareness and the knowledge that being an adult baby is not wrong.

Here's my thing, Bringmesunshine. Every parent has the chance to effect change by being, modeling, and raising his or her children to be, the change they wanna see in the world. That's why I'll practice attachment parenting, with my faith at it's center, and non-punitive discipline, because instead of parental punishment running the show, it gives the kids tools to moderate their own behavior, and gives lots of practice with executive functioning. It teaches that parents are emotionally stable, and thus, trustworthy, so, guess what. Kids really can talk to parents about anything, because there's no reason to fear us. If we raise our kids to be secure in who they are, it won't make a difference what the world says about them being crazy, because the most loving, truthful, stable people they know say they're okay. Let's say an ABDL parent has an ABDL kid. At least we'd know what to do, and as a result, that kid knows to tell the kid on the playground that has an accident, or the next kid who's showing a liking for diapers, or regressive behavior he meets, that everything will be okay, and so do his kids, and that kid's kids, and so on, and that knowledge stays with them forever. Messiah said, "Train your children up in the ways they should go, and when they're old, they will not depart from it." He didn't say to train them up in the ways everyone was going; did he?

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Here's my thing, Bringmesunshine. Every parent has the chance to effect change by being, modeling, and raising his or her children to be, the change they wanna see in the world. That's why I'll practice attachment parenting, with my faith at it's center, and non-punitive discipline, because instead of parental punishment running the show, it gives the kids tools to moderate their own behavior, and gives lots of practice with executive functioning. It teaches that parents are emotionally stable, and thus, trustworthy, so, guess what. Kids really can talk to parents about anything, because there's no reason to fear us. If we raise our kids to be secure in who they are, it won't make a difference what the world says about them being crazy, because the most loving, truthful, stable people they know say they're okay. Let's say an ABDL parent has an ABDL kid. At least we'd know what to do, and as a result, that kid knows to tell the kid on the playground that has an accident, or the next kid who's showing a liking for diapers, or regressive behavior he meets, that everything will be okay, and so do his kids, and that kid's kids, and so on, and that knowledge stays with them forever. Messiah said, "Train your children up in the ways they should go, and when they're old, they will not depart from it." He didn't say to train them up in the ways everyone was going; did he?

Are you a parent? I only ask because it seems like you're saying that. If you're not forgive me for asking and do know sometimes I get the wrong end of the stick! Finally it's nice to meet online another Aut! I'm on the spectrum as well but I've been assured I'm not as challenged as some other people out there in the world. bringmesunshine

bringmesunshine said:
Are you a parent? I only ask because it seems like you're saying that. If you're not forgive me for asking and do know sometimes I get the wrong end of the stick! Finally it's nice to meet online another Aut! I'm on the spectrum as well but I've been assured I'm not as challenged as some other people out there in the world. bringmesunshine
Nope, not yet, I've just meticulously planned my discipline and parenting strategies, because I'm determined to have a good relationship with my kids when I become a parent.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Nope, not yet, I've just meticulously planned my discipline and parenting strategies, because I'm determined to have a good relationship with my kids when I become a parent.

Understood, it is nice to have a plan! Thank you for replying. bringmesunshine

Because this is gaining so much interest, may I hear your thoughts on this sample image...(don't worry, it's not going public!) (bringmesunshine) thorts ater.png

bringmesunshine said:
Alternative lifestyles are becoming less and less taboo - well that's how it seems to me! (Ooooh, it's been a while since I've started a big thread like this!) Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married and also you'll have prob's noticed - unless you've been living under a rock - that currently Transgenderism is everywhere you care to glance: it's being covered well/nicely in the media, there are TV shows about it on both sides of the Atlantic

I'm sure others have mentioned what I am about to say several times over... but let me point out the problems in this clip alone.

~ Alternative lifestyles. (Edit: As in, I don't consider ABDL or homosexuality or being transgender a "lifestyle", the term "alternative lifestyle" implies that individuals choose to be or do these things.
~ Gay men usually don't like being referred to as "Homosexuals" even if you capitalize it.
~ On the contrary, there are not only many places on earth where gays & lesbians can't marry, there are far too many places where it can get you murdered.
~ "TransgenderISM?" It's not a bloody hobby.
~ It's coverage in the media is dubious at best, with the mainstream only caring about Caitlyn Jenner, and not focusing at all on the hundreds of transgender individuals, most of them people of color, who have been killed for being transgender.

Oh yes - how could I forget - there's also a very brave middle-aged woman you may of heard about, she's not on telly often or in the papers every week (ha ha - sarcasm) but her name's Caitlyn!

I rest my case.

Taking inspiration from our friends in the homosexual and lesbian sector...who likes the sound of Padded Wall? With the slogan "Some people like to wear diapers/nappies and they're not pedophiles...get over it!" ...I apolergise for having an imagenation or maybe brainstorming to far/badly but am I onto something or even in the region of having a good idea?

I'm going to be nice, because my first reaction? Honestly I'm a little peeved. I understand the reasoning, but I think you may alienate a whole lot of people by appropriating the language and struggles of the LGBT movement and applying them to ABDL. LGBTQ+ people are persecuted, maybe not as much in more enlightened countries where we have civil rights, but yes, even here, many of us face terrible repercussions because of our sexual orientation or gender identity. It's not *just* about marriage and our fight is far from over. As a gay man and ABDL, I can see the personal similarities in that yes, there is a closet, and yes, isolation is painful. I can see that both sexual minorities and ABDLs have been wrongly linked to pedophiles. However, I have yet to see an ABDL murdered, and charges not filed even though there's evidence and a suspect, or the police not bothering to investigate, or someone being thrown in jail for being an ABDL. That's not to say ABDLs don't face challenges, but it does mean that as ABDLs, we are not oppressed. There isn't a default, normative position of privilege enforced in every societal and economic institution that favors those who act their age. We can all act our chronological age, even those of us for whom being little is a part of our identity. It's called balance, and people balance all kinds of things in their daily lives.

I'm not down on the idea of coming out and being proud of being ABDL. I write music about how awesome self-acceptance is and how great it is to live without apology for who you are, but overcoming a totally personal struggle for self-love and acceptance is not the same as overcoming decades of systemic oppression where people have been denied their civil rights, imprisoned, committed, exiled, disowned by their families, and killed for who they are. If you use the language of the LGBT civil rights struggle and say "we're just like the Homosexuals and the lesbians and those who practice transgenderism", you're going to run into a wall alright. I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I can't see this being a popular notion.

- - - Updated - - -

MattyMax said:
We may be accepted by people except the religious right and extreme conservative side. My fear is being attacked by environmentalists. We all know that ABDLs who like disposable diapers are not likely to embrace cloth diapers (which is still debated about how much better for the environment they are). But, the environmental type (sometimes with many children in a huge inefficient house), like to hate disposable diapers and may consider our use of diapers as a voluntary action. I have images of people wearing fur coats being splashed with red paint.

How will they know you're wearing a diaper unless you reveal it to them?

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
And what about the rest of the letters in GLBTQCHEBXJF or whatever it's called today? Well, I think they were lucky to have so much homosexual company to hitch a ride with, because you sorta need a big group to gain popular support.

If I may nitpick? The modern gay rights movement in America began in 1969 when transgender people of color began throwing rocks at police and rioted for three straight days in New York City. It was the gays who hitched our train to their catalytic movement. In the 70's the push for the acceptance of gay men and lesbians took over that limelight, but the reason we have an alphabet soup (which, last I knew, stood at LGBTQIA+ for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual, + anyone included in the umbrella) is because we owe it to everyone be inclusive of all minority orientations and gender identities. There is strength in numbers, and our oppressors all wear the same face.

Last edited:
MattiKins said:
If I may nitpick? The modern gay rights movement in America began in 1969 when transgender people of color began throwing rocks at police and rioted for three straight days in New York City. It was the gays who hitched our train to their catalytic movement. It was the gays who hitched our train to their catalytic movement.

Hmm. Ok. I do think, though, that when it comes to movements like these, we tend to give far too much credit to the spark and a bit too little to the powder keg.

MattiKins said:
It was the gays who hitched our train to their catalytic movement. In the 70's the push for the acceptance of gay men and lesbians took over that limelight, but the reason we have an alphabet soup (which, last I knew, stood at LGBTQIA+ for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual, + anyone included in the umbrella) is because we owe it to everyone be inclusive of all minority orientations and gender identities. There is strength in numbers, and our oppressors all wear the same face.

I get it, and I'm hugely sympathetic to their mission, despite how I might have sounded. I do think that the "alphabet soup," as you put it, has gotten a tad silly, and I was deliberately poking fun at it. I wonder if anybody's thinking of an all-inclusive name that conveys advocacy for absolutely every sexual difference. Wouldn't that be nice? It's not like the NAACP keeps changing its name every time some new mix of races appears. They stuck a nice, generic adjective in there and took care of business once and for all.

Cottontail said:
Hmm. Ok. I do think, though, that when it comes to movements like these, we tend to give far too much credit to the spark and a bit too little to the powder keg.

It usually happens that the catalyst doesn't get the credit, that's why remembering it is important. When Hollywood puts out a Stonewall movie and strips away the reality and doesn't tell the real story, we're worse off for it, and those who did risk and sacrifice become marginalized and ignored.

I get it, and I'm hugely sympathetic to their mission, despite how I might have sounded. I do think that the "alphabet soup," as you put it, has gotten a tad silly, and I was deliberately poking fun at it. I wonder if anybody's thinking of an all-inclusive name that conveys advocacy for absolutely every sexual difference. Wouldn't that be nice? It's not like the NAACP keeps changing its name every time some new mix of races appears. They stuck a nice, generic adjective in there and took care of business once and for all.

What is inherently wrong with LGBTQIA+? I mean, it took me .5 seconds to type it. Might take me 1 second to say it. It's not similar to the NAACP because it's not a specific organization. It's a group of people in society that are disenfranchised and subject to systemic oppression that were more accurately herded into the same group as opposed to them choosing to be in close alliance. Necessity dictated this, as sexual minorities and gender-variant people were perjoratively othered by cisgender-heterosexual people into one catch-all category (usually, 'queer').

But not everyone is comfortable identifying as queer. Inclusivity is great when it's practiced in a way that includes, but when you leave someone's identity off the masthead, then eventually they're left out of the inclusiveness. We see it now especially when gay men and lesbians have attained marriage equality, and many are leaving others behind, or speaking over them, or whitewashing our past. I guess that's why the alphabet soup is important even if it doesn't roll off the tongue very easily.

MattiKins said:
What is inherently wrong with LGBTQIA+? I mean, it took me .5 seconds to type it. Might take me 1 second to say it. It's not similar to the NAACP because it's not a specific organization. It's a group of people in society that are disenfranchised and subject to systemic oppression that were more accurately herded into the same group as opposed to them choosing to be in close alliance. Necessity dictated this, as sexual minorities and gender-variant people were perjoratively othered by cisgender-heterosexual people into one catch-all category (usually, 'queer').

I take your point; it's not really possible to compare a loosely-defined group to an organization. But you usually don't want a label that makes people say, "Really?!" That's all I'm getting at. I can't count how many times I've heard people--in the news media and in real life--say things like, "LGBTQ... or whatever you call it today." It starts to become like the TV commercial that you remember more for its humorous delivery and less for any intended message. But if all it's intended to be is an expression of solidarity among those with sexual differences, maybe that comparison doesn't make sense either? I'd believe it. :shrug:

MattiKins said:
It usually happens that the catalyst doesn't get the credit, that's why remembering it is important. When Hollywood puts out a Stonewall movie and strips away the reality and doesn't tell the real story, we're worse off for it, and those who did risk and sacrifice become marginalized and ignored.

No disagreement. I'm all for getting the full story out there. But then I'm not sure that the Black Lives Matter Movement benefits from its continued association with the Ferguson riots--despite that the spotlight the riots received greatly enhanced the Movement's dwindling visibility. To use another analogy: One wouldn't credit the hissing sound of a pot boiling over with the pot's boiling in the first place. Sure, it drew the cook's attention to a problem, but it was a comparatively minor and even inevitable consequence, not a cause. But a point of interest worth reflecting on? Sure.

Last edited:
MattiKins said:
What is inherently wrong with LGBTQIA+?

It doesn't include heterosexuals, perpetuating the feeling that the others are a different kind of human species.

Yes, I realize we are talking about social conventions that are biased in favor of heterosexuality so that group doesn't need further support, but every time we make a distinction between "us" and "them" we are reinforcing the belief that "they" are different from "us". We need to drop "queer" and all the other terms as labels for human beings. Not just because it isn't politically correct but because these labels can imply the people, themselves, are abnormal, suspicious, or somehow undesirable. If we want true acceptance we need to step back and realize that LGBTQIA+ are desires and activities, not people.

MattiKins said:
I'm sure others have mentioned what I am about to say several times over... but let me point out the problems in this clip alone.

~ Alternative lifestyles. (Edit: As in, I don't consider ABDL or homosexuality or being transgender a "lifestyle", the term "alternative lifestyle" implies that individuals choose to be or do these things.
~ Gay men usually don't like being referred to as "Homosexuals" even if you capitalize it.
~ On the contrary, there are not only many places on earth where gays & lesbians can't marry, there are far too many places where it can get you murdered.
~ "TransgenderISM?" It's not a bloody hobby.
~ It's coverage in the media is dubious at best, with the mainstream only caring about Caitlyn Jenner, and not focusing at all on the hundreds of transgender individuals, most of them people of color, who have been killed for being transgender.

I rest my case.

I read all of your reply (just for reference). I apolergise for calling you and your 'fellows' (if you will) the 'H' word but in the past I've been so scolded by adults and temporarily cold-shouldered by people my own age (that's friends and non-friends and both of those just mentioned groups contained both collectives of significant-partner-sex-choice) for using the 3 letter alternative...that I don't use it anymore and it's become a bit of a habit. I just don't want to offend people - if I can't win I can't - which means negotiating life with an un-clear area like that's going to prove a right picnic! (Moving on...) So by your argument Tranvestism is a hobby? I'm yet to meet one but from what I've observed and heard it does not seem to be a hobby...this is why I thought it would be no problem that if I put an 'ism' at the end of Transgender. Please do not think I have something against Transgender people - I don't...I fact I had an educationry-(within)subject-(slight)friendship with a transgender boy a few years ago......before you say it though I do know that knowing a transgender doesn't mean I suddenly earn a magic green card giving me the right to talk about them in length nor - while talking about them in length - throw in opinions either. I don't mean to offend anyone with anything I post, I sorry if I have. bringmesunshine

Drifter said:
It doesn't include heterosexuals, perpetuating the feeling that the others are a different kind of human species.
Wait a minute. Not everyone gets to be part of every movement, and not everyone gets a trophy. That being said, I think I get what you mean by,
Drifter said:
Yes, I realize we are talking about social conventions that are biased in favor of heterosexuality so that group doesn't need further support, but every time we make a distinction between "us" and "them" we are reinforcing the belief that "they" are different from "us". We need to drop "queer" and all the other terms as labels for human beings. Not just because it isn't politically correct but because these labels can imply the people, themselves, are abnormal, suspicious, or somehow undesirable. If we want true acceptance we need to step back and realize that LGBTQIA+ are desires and activities, not people.
Is this in the ballpark? Regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, ABDLs are persecuted too. Some are disowned. Some have to move so as not to be assaulted because the wrong person found out. Many are depressed. Some lose jobs, or significant others, or their lives by their own hands. There's more to identify than gender and sexuality, and because so many ABDLs fear many, not all, but many of the same things, and hear a lot of the same effed up arguments from loved ones, about how we choose it, and could change it if we wanted, even though many of us would scream from the depths of our souls that it's been with us as long as we can remember, if we actually thought we'd be listened to, (Sound familiar?), there's an undying empathy point there.

Bringmesunshine, honey, I understand this situation is outside of your social toolkit. Speaking Neurotypical social language is hard for me, too, but an XY female was almost my sister in law. Let me see if I can give you some of the things I learned from her. If I'm wrong, please, correct me, MattiKins.

Transvistite = dresses in the opposite genders' clothes, not as a matter of identity, but as a fetish. Hey, we don't choose those either, but the person could be gender and orientation secure, and just get jollies out of it, hence the hobby reference.

Transgender= chromosomal gender and gender identity don't match. Not a fetish. A transgender person maybe pre surgical or post surgical, or decide to have some surgeries, and not others. Doesn't make a difference, because it's an identity thing. I've even heard Audrey (That's not how she spells it.) from Big Brother say that she considered herself transgender until she got all the surgeries that were right for her, but now she's just female.

I think homosexual is offensive similarly to the way special needs can be offensive, or colored is offensive. The only time it's wrong to say gay is when one is making fun of another person for being gay, or using gay as a replacement for the word, "bad." For example, "That shirt looks so gay on you."

Everyone has a color, and an ethnicity so just say the color or ethnicity. People are usually fine with that. Everyone's needs are special because everyone is different, so, why state the obvious? Most Deaf (deaf) people are offended by, "hearing impaired,"one, because hearies came up with it and it's a matter of, "nothing about them without them," and because there's nothing wrong with saying Deaf (deaf) (deaf implies the condition deafness. Deaf implies signing deaf and a tendency to associate with Deaf, rather than hearing, or non-signing deaf people) or hard of hearing. Dwarfs have a problem with midget because of the association with the circus, and because it's used by non-dwarfs to mean, "a lesser from of." For example, it's not just a car; it's a midget car. Retarded is a diagnosis, not a slur, so is autistic, but uncouth people use those diagnoses as another way of saying stupid. That's not okay.

I personally would rather be referred to by my diagnoses, or by my equipment.
Here's a list of things I'm okay being referred to as.
Human, southern, white, female (not merely a highly adapted bipedal primate, a 6th day creature.)
Alabama Crimson Tide fan
Autistic. I don't have autism. I am Autistic It's not like a flu. It's not going away. I didn't choose it.
Cerebral Palsied. Again, I don't have it like a cold. It shaped me.
Wheelchair user/in a wheelchair/walker user/on a walker I'm not bound by or confined to anything!
Little/AB
to name a few

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back