Fursona Creation question

StarDiaperKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm something of a Diaperfur, or at least I really like the artwork. I don't have a fursona but I've been curious about it for a while. Is it better to have one that more accurately reflects who I am as a person, or one with a body type that more easily works with diapers? As in, human-style diapers seem to more naturally fit dogs or rabbits, then reptiles, birds or insects for example.

Reactions: Nottellingumyname, Cottontail and mistykitty
when i created my fursona i put some deep thought into it and went through names that i felt matched well with my animal and my fursonas age and eventually came to mistykitty and because it felt perfect i started using it and loved it. to me it works well because my fursona is a female kitten and this name reflects both what my furry animal is and is a cute name and since my fursona is a kitten that is part of why my fursona needs diapers because she is not litter box trained. my best advice is to try to figure out what your animal for your fursona may be and work from there but also you could use your method as well the big thing i'll recommend is go with what feels right not what you think it should be because it feels better going about it that way. you can make diapers fit any kind of body type or fursona (even if it includes tail like mine does) it just takes a little creativity based on type and whether or not you want to tie diapers to your fursona or just wear them for you is up to you. as i mentioned for me it is a big part of my fursona but for you it could be less related. the thing about fursonas is don't focus on what you think it should be based on other things focus more on what you feel is right and go from there. thats the best advice i can offer because thats what worked for me. also i forgot to mention above sketch out some ideas if your having trouble i found that helpful.

Reactions: Cottontail
I'm furry noob, and I recently revealed my fursona and first commissioned artwork here. My post includes the background for her basic characteristics, so you can see that there was no single, all-powerful inspiration. She's a blend of real-life references and (obviously) fantasy. I was drawn to babyfur specifically as a fun, cute way to project my little side. People seem to come at this from all different angles, though. I think @mistykitty's "go with what feels right" is probably as close as you can get to universal advice.

If you're still thinking about fundamental things like species, and want to see how your choices might manifest visually, I would definitely suggest joining furaffinity.net, or perhaps another furry site. Browse user profiles and the galleries of different furry artists. Even if you don't have an immediate desire to commission artwork of your fursona, visual aids can really help your thinking along. You can "favorite" artwork and then review your favorites to spot patterns in the things you like. I was fairly resolved on rabbit/bunny as a species going in, but still found it really helpful to look at what was out there.

Have fun, and we look forward to seeing/hearing about what you come up with!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nottellingumyname, Jonnythepony and mistykitty
Cottontail said:
I'm furry noob, and I recently revealed my fursona and first commissioned artwork here. My post includes the background for her basic characteristics, so you can see that there was no single, all-powerful inspiration. She's a blend of real-life references and (obviously) fantasy. I was drawn to babyfur specifically as a fun, cute way to project my little side. People seem to come at this from all different angles, though. I think @mistykitty's "go with what feels right" is probably as close as you can get to universal advice.

If you're still thinking about fundamental things like species, and want to see how your choices might manifest visually, I would definitely suggest joining furaffinity.net, or perhaps another furry site. Browse user profiles and the galleries of different furry artists. Even if you don't have an immediate desire to commission artwork of your fursona, visual aids can really help your thinking along. You can "favorite" artwork and then review your favorites to spot patterns in the things you like. I was fairly resolved on rabbit/bunny as a species going in, but still found it really helpful to look at what was out there.

i like that you mentioned furaffinity in your post because that is also part of what helped me figure mine out and i agree it could definitely be a help. similar to you i kind of knew puppy or kitten when i first found it so that was mainly what i looked at and thats kind of what inspired me to sketch mine out and turn her from a thought to a true fursona.

Cottontail said:

Yah its true people come at it from all sides. For me I'm only really a DL so I don't have a very little side, I've been leaning towards a puppy, but an older one. When I wear diapers it makes me feel around ...8-12 years old depending on my mood. I've had an account on Furaffinity and InkBunny for a while but I'm basically a lurker on both sites. Honestly I'd rather draw my own fursona. I'm well aware there are better artists out there than me but that gets expensive lol.

Reactions: mistykitty
mistykitty said:
when i created my fursona i put some deep thought into it and went through names that i felt matched well with my animal and my fursonas age and eventually came to mistykitty and because it felt perfect i started using it and loved it. to me it works well because my fursona is a female kitten and this name reflects both what my furry animal is and is a cute name and since my fursona is a kitten that is part of why my fursona needs diapers because she is not litter box trained. my best advice is to try to figure out what your animal for your fursona may be and work from there but also you could use your method as well the big thing i'll recommend is go with what feels right not what you think it should be because it feels better going about it that way. you can make diapers fit any kind of body type or fursona (even if it includes tail like mine does) it just takes a little creativity based on type and whether or not you want to tie diapers to your fursona or just wear them for you is up to you. as i mentioned for me it is a big part of my fursona but for you it could be less related. the thing about fursonas is don't focus on what you think it should be based on other things focus more on what you feel is right and go from there. thats the best advice i can offer because thats what worked for me. also i forgot to mention above sketch out some ideas if your having trouble i found that helpful.
Thanks for the advice! Yah, I don't think I need to do anything overly complicated. As I mentioned in another reply I'm thinking of an older puppy to best reflect who I am and what I see myself as and also the age that I feel in diapers which is around 8-12 years old depending on various circumstances.

Reactions: mistykitty
StarDiaperKid said:
Yah its true people come at it from all sides. For me I'm only really a DL so I don't have a very little side, I've been leaning towards a puppy, but an older one. When I wear diapers it makes me feel around ...8-12 years old depending on my mood. I've had an account on Furaffinity and InkBunny for a while but I'm basically a lurker on both sites. Honestly I'd rather draw my own fursona. I'm well aware there are better artists out there than me but that gets expensive lol.
Sounds like you’re on track and moving along. Maybe take a stab at writing out a detailed description of your fursona. Just take it as far as you can. Let it sit for a week or two (or until you next think of it), and then read through it and make changes. Repeat the process until it feels done.

If you’ve been browsing in FA, you’ve probably come across free line-art “bases,” like coloring book pages. Those are a great way to quickly experiment with colors and markings. Maybe maintain one of those together with your written description.

And then, of course, do your own drawing when you feel like it. :)

I’m not much of an artist, but I consider myself pretty good with Photoshop, and that helped. Before reaching out to MinetteFraise for a commission, I took one of her personal characters and recolored it, added a diaper, a top, changed the hair, and just generally tried to get it as close to what I wanted as I could—a reference sheet for my reference sheet, heh. I was a bit nervous about sharing it with her, but she didn’t kill me. :)

Anyway, keep at it, but when you feel like you’re overthinking it or not enjoying the process, just take a break and come back later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony and mistykitty
When I first created my fursona last year, I asked myself on "What furry species I find cute or like?" At first I thought of a wolf! I liked them when I was little, so I decided to make one. The problem here is I can't draw them, so I settled for another furry species which is the protogen. I managed to draw my protogen for the first time, but it ended up looking bad. Needless to say I managed to get free art and a good template to colour him, this made me end up making a protogen I drew as my fursona.

When I created him, I gave myself a few questions.

"What is your favourite colour" Mine is blue, which is my fursona is a blue protogen.

"How will he reflect you?" My fursona's personality is the same as mine irl, it's just an exaggerated version.

"Is there anything unique to him than other fursonas?" A lot of my friends consider him as unique due to his colour blue shading, but for me I created him because I want a fursona so bad that I ran out of my creative stuff since I can't draw  furries. My first thought of my fursona was making him a goopy creature like from the game "Changed". I scrapped that idea since some furries are not fond of my kink. The other is making him a fat fur. I like fat furs, because they're cute. Then again I thought of other people not liking nor artists want to draw him due to his body size, so I scrapped it.

But then I asked myself "What would make him unique to other protogens" So I gave him a darker shade chestplate and a blue striped tail. Now most people might not think this would make him unique, but for me he is.

This is him, his name is Mike. I do plan getting diaperfur art of him, it's just I can't find people to commission. $50-100 in my country is really expensive, I don't have a job and I'm only studying in College. So if I do graduate from Architecture and get a job... Heh, I might get diaperfur art of him.

Attachments

• MikeRefSheet.png.png
    MikeRefSheet.png.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Jonnythepony and Cottontail
When I first made what would eventually become what I know as my fursona, I was just inspired by the animatronics from FNaF and the fan-content surrounding it, and just made one that was my favorite animal and just gave it my personality, basically. Hardly went through any changes since. Not the most intricately-thought-out thing, but it doesn't have to be. Some people have made sonas that represent themselves wholly, some have made fursonas that represent who they want to be, and some just make what seems cool. All options are totally cool. One of the key features of the furry fandom is creativity and expression, which is not just reserved for fancy ramblings of snooty art professors ;P

Reactions: Cottontail
Back