Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
So I was cleaning out my wifes old 2011 suv and re-found and old compartment along side where her spare tire rests. In it there were 3 of my old Abena L4 diapers. We had bought her car new, and they have been sitting there ever since. These are the plastic diapers from about 8-9 years ago, from before Gary sold xpmedical, and before Abena started cheapening them up with pinhold leaks, loose tapes, clumping padding, smaller sizing, etc, etc.

So last night I opened and overlaid the Abena with one of my large Crinklz diapers. And wouldn't you know it, they are almost the exact same! The padding placement and dimensions were identical, as was the padding thickness. The outer shell feels equally soft and smooth too. The second chance tapes are a little narrower though, but are also in the same spot. As expected, Abena didn't have elastic waist bands like crinkz does, and the leak guards aren't quite as tall.

These diapers are definitely not the same as what's currently available, and unlike the current version really is a premium diaper. I tried one last night, with my usual side sleeping and heavy wetting. My crinklz will leak on me about once a week too, so this was a big comparison test. I woke up soaked, and nearly to the point of leaking, but it held. I noticed it did swell up decent with the sap (maybe about the same as the current crinklz version), but had also wicked just a little more pee to the center crotch area of the diaper too. I have another one on at work right now, and expect it to last all day at work, but we'll see.

So mystery solved on why betterdry is such a good diaper. It isn't German engineering. It was reverse engineering once great Danish diapers (with German improvements). It also shows how incredibly far Abena has fallen since then. Really kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back