Found diapers at Goodwill

Curiousmess

Diaper lifestyle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I frequent the Goodwills by my house a lot searching for treasures. I came across two packs of large Betterdry diapers a few weeks ago surprisingly and mustered up the courage to take them in my basket up to the front and wait in line to purchase them. It’s kind of stressful doing that, for me at least, but I did it. I ended up selling them on Craigslist which was also nerve racking lol.

Does anyone else have a story of a great find that they’d like to share?

Reactions: Babybill and Sheepies
I wish. I keep checking but have only once run across any diapers that were actually good and they weren't my size. One of these days...

Reactions: Curiousmess
Good luck to you, friend. I was bummed these weren’t my size as Betterdry diapers are my favorite of the all white varieties.

I constantly look in goodwill, but usually only find crappy medical diapers or perfit. Only once did I come across half decent ones which were molicare max. I bought them without hesitation.

I have looked in a bunch of different GoodWill locations

I have never found anything good, only crappy medical style diapers, a Depends variety pack, and Goodnites

Only location I have heard of having good things was Seattle (probably someone who was ABDL or at least knows quality diapers and either lost weight or gained weight and had to move to a different size)

I once found a bag of Tena Women's Pull Ups that fit well and worked. The cheapest place I found them was my local supermarket.

I have only found cheap generics, but that is OK, as i use them for stuffers. I did find three one piece swimsuit/dance outfits that I have used as onesies, and they were very cheap. Also have found womens footed sleepers that actually fit me once in awhile. I check often, you never know what you will find. Yard sales are another thing to check.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Every once in a while I stop at a Goodwill, but I've never even come across diapers at any of them near me. I also periodically check Craigslist, but nothing I've seen in my area has been anything that you couldn't readily find at a drug store.

I have found one package of Rearz Lil' Squirts (luckily in my size), though it had 6 left but they were only $5.75 Canadian. I also found a vintage package of Personnelle (a Quebec) white, plastic diapers that were not opened at all. I constantly look as I find it pretty thrilling to find a bargain at any of these stores.
I once also found a huge pile of cloth diapers in my size, they were unused and only $1.75 each. Sadly they did not work very well at all and even with plastic pants were very quickly leaking.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Curiousmess
I once found Dry 24/7 size large at a goodwill here and bought them for my husband. I also found Molicare white diapers at another Goodwill a little out of town back in 2009.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Curiousmess
When I shop at Goodwill or other thrift stores I’ve had better luck finding vintage diapers both adult and children’s. Have come across late 90’s Pampers and Goodnites as well as Attends. Doesn’t happen as much lately unfortunately.

surprise35 said:
I have found one package of Rearz Lil' Squirts (luckily in my size), though it had 6 left but they were only $5.75 Canadian. I also found a vintage package of Personnelle (a Quebec) white, plastic diapers that were not opened at all. I constantly look as I find it pretty thrilling to find a bargain at any of these stores.
I once also found a huge pile of cloth diapers in my size, they were unused and only $1.75 each. Sadly they did not work very well at all and even with plastic pants were very quickly leaking.

If they were new they probably leaked because they were spayed with sizing. Most new cotton products are “sized” to keep them from being easily stained. It takes at least two hot washes to remove the sizing and make them absorbent and three washes are better. The contour diapers I buy are like this and the more they are washed the more absorbent they become. Plastic pants aren’t supposed to hold in the liquid. The diaper is supposed to hold the liquid and the plastic pants are only to prevent wicking to other cloth surfaces.

I once found 4 large bags of off brand medical diapers that actually fit well and worked good. Each pack had at least 24 diapers and they were only like $3 a pack. Of course i bought them all. I had diapers stashed every where; it was ridiculous how many I had. They lasted forever. I still have a few stashed for a rainy day if im out of a premium brand. Something is always better than nothing. That was my best score yet. They are perfect for when you want to be padded, but you need to be discreet with limited bulge and crinkle. They hold a full wetting though.

Last edited:
Reactions: PullupAndy, Seasonedcitizen and Curiousmess
A few days ago I was at a thrift store and saw a mattress cover that was heavy plastic on one side and flannel on the other. Since I use a heavy piece of plastic on my bed, I didn't buy it. There would also be the problem of washing it since one side would be water proof.

Back