(for movie collectors only) What was the last movie(s) you got?

TD712

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
This is a first I am doing here, listing off what movies I got.

I received 4 VHS tapes from eBay today. They are as follows:
Bright Lights Big City (MGM Movie Time)
Crimes of the Heart
Femme Fatale
Tweety's High-Flying Adventure (I'm a die hard Looney Tunes fan)

Reactions: LittleKero, BabyBoy2023, AliB and 4 others
I only have DVDs, not sure if you mean VHS-only or not...I just got The Gate on DVD from eBay today, and, I gotta admit, I got it for the part where a teenage girl tells her younger brother "Why don't you go upstairs and change your Pampers?" and the boy replies "Why don't you go join the circus?" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Angelapinks, chrischrischris and Weatheronthe8s
I'm embarrassed to say but on my Amazon account, the DVD collection of all the early, black and white Mummy movies came up at a cheap price so I hit purchase now! I remember the Mummy movies from when I was a little kid and would wake up late at night to sneak/watch the monster shows on TV. Boris Karloff starred in the first one. So that was my latest purchase.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, MaxxH, Angelapinks and 2 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
I only have DVDs, not sure if you mean VHS-only or not...I just got The Gate on DVD from eBay today, and, I gotta admit, I got it for the part where a teenage girl tells her younger brother "Why don't you go upstairs and change your Pampers?" and the boy replies "Why don't you go join the circus?" :ROFLMAO:
This can be on any movie format (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, other movie formats)

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I would say maybe not the most recent but my most favorite are my gangster movies. Of course it begins and ends with the Godfather trilogy. Now I saw recently The Godfather III Coda version which actually makes a little bit more sense but still III is the worst. I would have to say I've seen Godfather one and two more than 50 times to the point where I can recite almost every line in the movie. My favorite uncle is the same way and we sit there and act out scenes complete with imitations of the characters around the patio table during the summer. "Michael, we're bigger than U S Steel"

TD712 said:
This is a first I am doing here, listing off what movies I got.

I received 4 VHS tapes from eBay today. They are as follows:
Bright Lights Big City (MGM Movie Time)
Crimes of the Heart
Femme Fatale
Tweety's High-Flying Adventure (I'm a die hard Looney Tunes fan)
I forgot to include if you'd recently got it

Reactions: Angelapinks, Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
My most recent addition is probably something like Shrek 2 on DVD. One thing I actually want is a Spongebob Where's Gary VHS tape, despite me owning the first 11 seasons on DVD. I just want to be able to remember that tape again. There are actually quite a few things I've been meaning to get. Funny thing is I'm pretty much the only person in my family left with a VCR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyokodl and BobbiSueEllen
I've hundreds of DVDs had VHS but upgraded all cept a few rare ones. I hit the Goodwill twice a week looking for something new and picked up a still sealed copy of "The Peanuts Movie" last time. I've been locked up due to covid positiveity for a week and a half now and keep thinking of the deals i'm missing though grateful as ever for my collection as i have no cable or antenna TV.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
I did get movies on 2/23, 2/26 and 2/28. I forgot to list them off here and do not have the time, so if anyone wants to see them, here are the links:

Last edited:
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
I haven't really bought a movie on a DVD for a while. But the last DVD that I bought was the 12th season of Spongebob.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
PhilanderNita said:
I haven't really bought a movie on a DVD for a while. But the last DVD that I bought was the 12th season of Spongebob.
Ah. The Season 12 DVD is out now? I didn’t even know that. I need to get that. I really need to catch up on SpongeBob.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Weatheronthe8s said:
Ah. The Season 12 DVD is out now? I didn’t even know that. I need to get that. I really need to catch up on SpongeBob.
Yeah, I bought it because there were already episodes that didn't air yet on the U.S. Nick channel such as Pat Meets Squid.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
PhilanderNita said:
Yeah, I bought it because there were already episodes that didn't air yet on the U.S. Nick channel such as Pat Meets Squid.
Oh. That's really cool. I haven't watched much Spongebob in awhile, but it's always been one of my favorite shows, so I plan to get the DVD. I have quite a bit I need to go back and watch. I've only seen a few episodes in season 12.

I end up converting everything to a personal use media file - actually quite large files but that's because the settings I use are NOT meant to make it short, it's to keep the quality high.
I do not have the interface to do a VCR tape, but either DVD or Blu-Ray - not a problem.
Off hand not sure everything that is done, but building a nice collections - the last few:

Sister Act (1 and 2) from DVD
Smokey and the Bandit (1, and 2) from DVD
Marry Poppins (1 and 2) from Blu-Ray
Saving Mr. Banks - Blu-Ray
Wargames (1 and 2) Blu-Ray
Pirates of Silicon Valley - DVD
Hackers: Computer outlaws (Captured YEARS ago from TV broadcast - forced to DVD resolution)

Also collecting TV series:

Star Trek Enterprise (Complete) - DVD
Star Trek Original series (Missing last season) - Blu-Ray
Star Trek Voyager (Season 1 only) - DVD
Star Trek the animated series (Complete) - DVD

Those are just the most recent, there are LOTS more, both movies and TV series.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I got a huge Blu-ray collection and the last movies I bought were The Croods 2, Freaky & The New Mutants

Last edited:
Reactions: KoalaGirly, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen

Reactions: LilBubba88 and BobbiSueEllen
TD712 said:
My middle school drama teacher was an extra in Dante’s Peak

Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
MailCat581 said:
My stepdad that passed away in 2006 was an extra in the Bill Murray movie "Stripes".
That’s sucks he passed. On a lighter note he was in 1 of the greatest comedy’s of all time!!

Reactions: Deleted member 41919 and PonderStibbons
Back