For IC Only: What path did you take to briefs (diapers)?

What path did you choose to arrive at diapers (briefs)?

• Guards or pads first, then pull-ups, then lastly briefs

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Pull-ups first, then briefs

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Straight to briefs

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For this gal I started out with pull-ups then store brand diapers ! Both of them wasn't meeting my wetting Issues needs . End up wearing a premium diapers now !

Reactions: MsSara, Deleted member 64479 and Edgewater
richieboy said:
I do hate the euphemism “briefs” for diapers! But maybe that’s just me.
Full agree, it seems to be a thing, now a days, to provide a more comforting /distracting word (term) for things. But, in reality, they are still diapers and briefs may help one when buying. But not really!

• Love
Reactions: Neroforte, richieboy and (deleted member)
Littleman42 said:
I'm with you! I'm sure it's just a marketing attempt to help someone mentally struggling with the idea of having to wear diapers, come to terms with it. But Briefs are boxers, tighty whities, boxer briefs and for women there are ladies briefs. They aren't diapers in my mind either. Call them absorbent underwear if you really don't want to use the word diaper. I for one and comfortable saying I wear diapers. Pullup diapers in the day and Megamax, or similar, tape up diapers at night. I don't currently own any Briefs. After I started requiring 24/7 protection, I did hold onto my briefs for a "brief" period (sorry pun intended) but not for long. I only wear diapers now. and I'm not ashamed to say it. Hope you're having a happy diapered day! :giggle:
The terminology of "adult briefs" or "wrap a round pads" was agreed by the International Continence Society of medical professionals from a 2016 study as acceptable terms. The preferred term is "all in one" and it was done to help doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals from different countries to use the same terms and descriptions

Reactions: Deleted member 64479 and Edgewater
I will try to remember to use the term: "All In One" when I am visiting my doctor in August for my bi-annual appointment. Aaaa, likely not as even my medical records state "diapers".

I had to "Like" your Post since we no longer are able to "Love" it.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I’ve always been incontinent and part of a family that didn’t have much discretionary funds so disposables were considered a luxury that was out of reach for the most part. As a result, I remained in cloth diapers most of the time. In high school, I used some disposable products like pull-ups and pads, and occasionally Attends briefs. My leakage volume seemed to vary in cycles so the protection type varied with the cycles as well. I also wore the old standby double cloth diapers at night and during the day on heavy leakage days.
In college, I wore disposable products as much as possible, as well as at night but ultimately returned to cloth after a series of soiled bedding mishaps in the dorm. Maintaining my privacy in a dorm full of inquisitive women isn’t easy but choosing to do laundry at the wee hours of night helps.
After college, I was soon married and transitioned into cloth during the day and night nearly full time as my incontinence worsened, which is what I wear 20 years later. Disposable products definitely have their place in my life however, mostly in the form of premium disposable briefs and boosters.

Reactions: Neroforte and Edgewater
Rita said:
For this gal I started out with pull-ups then store brand diapers ! Both of them wasn't meeting my wetting Issues needs . End up wearing a premium diapers now !
And that's the other thing... I too wear premium diapers. For nights, Megamax or equivalent, are the only thing going to make sure I wake up with a dry bed. I've done all the store brands. Nothing even comes close. most store brands are 1000 ml capacity at best it seems. that's fine for daytime, and you have the opportunity to change whenever you need to, But for all day when you can't get to change often, and especially nights, premiums are the answer. But they're so darned expensive. Maybe if they'd lower the cost, they'd sell more hence making more money and lowering costs for everyone. Just some thoughts that came to mind.

Reactions: Arik24 and Edgewater
I started off using pads, though they became quite unreliable as I became more physically active and bought my first horse. I'm small for my age (perks of being a twink?) so I moved to Goodnights. I still use them sometimes, but I prefer diapers now I've been more accepting of my AB identity. My IC was managed with pads/goodnights, I just prefer diapers simply because they're cute and make me feel little.

Reactions: Neroforte, Edgewater, richieboy and 1 other person
Nothingtoseehere said:
I'm a little late to the party...

I've been in diaper, pads and pullups off and on since the late 90s and diapers full time for almost four years now.

My only regret is that I didn't accept diapers full time soon. I wish I would have pulled the trigger in my twenties. I spent way too many years fighting my bladder when it wasn't needed and just cashed me too much stress.
So glad u are joining us, you sound like a fun lady! Do u like to chat? online , i love to when I have time!

Reactions: fredy552 and Edgewater
richieboy said:
I do hate the euphemism “briefs” for diapers! But maybe that’s just me.
Maybe there just making a distinction between the pullup nighttime brief diapers and the diapers with tabs that have to be fastened? I prefer the second type because I can fasten them to fit better.

Reactions: Edgewater
I used Belted undergarments in the beginning. But as thigs got worse and changes became to frequent I moved on to briefs.

Reactions: AUG168, Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I had to smile looking at the various terms (brief, pad, "all in one") because the first time I bought actual diapers after using pull ups for a while, I half expected them to be "kinda sorta" like diapers ( as in baby diapers that I remember from the late 70s and 80s) but somehow not quite the same. I can't say how I expected there to be some difference, but I did. In any case, I still remember the first time I opened the bag - I think they were Tranquility Slimline - and realized "holy heck...these really are diapers - 100% - like Huggies for an adult and with extra tapes". I guess I didn't realize until then that the other terms really are just euphemisms and nothing else.

Reactions: Pino and Edgewater
Started 3 years ago with one guard a day. I started to use 3 a day or one pullup. At night I use Threaded Armor training pants with a booster. With prices sky rocketing I bought some Depend men underwear and those are much better than guards. I used Tena adult diapers for a week when I took narcotics as prescribed. It feels like I'm doing the slow transition to full time briefs.

Reactions: Deleted member 64479, Constantlydamp and Edgewater
PrincessNozomi said:
For me, I went straight to diapers. In fact, I never really been out of diapers in my life.
same but used pullups and goodnights for sleep overs ect .

Reactions: Edgewater and Neroforte
I always had a few diapers at home due to the fact that accidents can happen at night when I have intense diarrhea due to a flu or something like that. It ever was that way so on rare illness occasions I was put in a diaper overnight. Way cheaper then a new mattress. That means I knew how to put them on and also had some when I moved out. So when it started with the wetting issues I just ordered more.

It was then that I tried pads and pants as I saw the whole range of products online. But I soon realized that they simply are no match in terms of safety, reliability and usabillity. I came to the conclusuion that pants are simply not suited for heavy IC as you have to completely undress to put a new one on and just don't fit as snug. Also their capacity leaves wanting. Pads are just not staying savely where they should when you are mobile and are more suited for immobile people. Those where my conclusions and I knew for me classic tab-style diapers are simply the best solution.

Cheers

My urinary incontinence came on gradually, starting in my mid-20s and now that I'm 30, it's full-on. I started with basic Depend pull-ups, then went on a prescription to get better pull-ups. I was continuously frustrated by the process of changing, both at home and in public. I had to take off my pants and shoes to get a new pull-up on. I dealt with it for over a year while considering diapers, but would get shut down by family, saying I "didn't need diapers." But pull-ups were... so different? Lol.
But, one time I finally just went for it and tried the Depend w/ tabs. Game-changer! I couldn't believe how much easier diapers were to change since I didn't have to get undressed, and they weren't that much more noticeable, if at all. I never went back after that. I eventually got better diapers too (Abena M-4s) that I wear now, but I've experimented with some others too.

Reactions: Edgewater, Neroforte and slimjiminy
Had a doctor give me a choice. Either a brief or chuck pads. I chose brief to medigate the likelihood of extra laundry.

Straight from underwear to two piece diaper .
Unfortunately pull ups are more trouble then they are worth for bowel movements( shit gets everywhere.
Technically my stools are liquid and can be removed by rectal catheter or caught in diaper . There is nothing short of a diaper that protects like a diaper and can assist in a cleanup.

Reactions: Neroforte
I don't have been always Ic but first was pads then starting to get bit more serious had a quick pullup time but been straight to diaper right after for comfort and security

Reactions: Edgewater
I am 31 yo male and I deal with a very light bedwetting since this Apríl.

Usually I wear an incontinence (cotton) boxer shorts with the TENA Men pad (lvl. 2) to bed and this combination has been fully sufficient so far. However, three days ago I wet myself more than usual: The male pad could not absorb it (the boxer shorts either) and I wet the bedsheets. I did not notice it (it did not woke me up) until the morning when my GF snuggled me and put a hand to my crotch. You can imagine the embarrasment.

The next night was everything as usual (a male pad absorbed everything), but yesterday in the morning the bedsheets was wet again. Then I visited a pharmacy after work and I bought there pull-ups (TENA Pants Plus "M"). Eventhough I felt very embarrased and I could not fall asleep quite long, the pull-up worked well and the bed was dry this morning.

So today it will be my 2nd night in a pull-up. Eventhough the TENA Pants Plus are not bulky, it is quite an odd feeling to have the pad under the bottom and, moreover, I am a bit nervous of its slight rustling. :-/

Reactions: Neroforte
I never got out of pull ups or diapers in my life

Reactions: chuck and Neroforte
Back