Foley catheter with collection bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperlover12341340

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Alright so a little back story my doc told me I’ll be getting surgery on the tip of the urethra and said that I’ll need a catheter to prevent it from closing and will need a collection bag for 3 days. I really don’t want a collection bag strapped to my leg for 3 days and night has anyone just used a diaper instead of a bag to collect the urine and did it cause problems. Like infections, hose kink or other things. This is also the first time I’ve ever had a catheter. Oh and I’m a male if that makes a difference

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
One needs to remember that when the urine first leaves the bladder it's steral such as the urine stored in the bladder. But an here's the but, as soon as it's out it develops bacteria. Hence a fresh wound such as you describe can take on this bacteria quickly and can lead to all sorts of infection even such as staff. One of the worst an sometimes hard to eliminate. Also because of some infections developed in operating rooms also the wound needs to be monitored as well as cleaned.
Now I'm defently one not to want a catheter because they can be uncomfortable as well as develop infections in certain cases. And I had one in me for about two weeks when I was hospitalized after my accident that put me in the boat I'm in now. As well as I had a choice of constantly catheter my self when I'd go out. My wife agreed with me on that it came with high risks. So we both agreed well she insisted that I should just except didies.
It defently took time to finaly let go of my pride and except didee's. The other choice wad that dam tube bag an silicone sock the sores that came from left me with fewer choices.
So if I was you and I don't care much for them I'd just except their decision and just do what you need to.
That's just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
Yeah, you don’t want a wound festering inside a wet nappy.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 4 others
As unfun as catheters are...in this case, you gotta do it. If you skip the catheter and go to a diaper, your urethra will heal shut. The doc said so.

Do you want it to heal shut and encounter post-surgical phimosis? Wearing a diaper isn't the answer...the catheter will keep your urethra from healing shut. Nothing else will. I'm real sorry you gotta go through this because when the catheter is pulled 72 hours later, you'll feel like you're peeing blades...but it's the only way to go that works. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Follow doctors orders. This means that you probably wont be able to even wear a diaper for awhile. The last thing you want is to have a infection on a surgical site.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
Can you use a flip flo valve to replace the bag?

• Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
m82a1 said:
Can you use a flip flo valve to replace the bag?
Yea that’s what I’m wandering

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
Catheter in diaper = UTI + problem with infections in the wound.
Do as the doc says and use a bag. Three days aren't that long.
The bag will most likely have a valve so you can empty the bag when it fills to more than noticeable.
Ask your doc or nurse about this. They can give you good advice.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Constantlydamp and 2 others
I have found that a Foley inserted by an experienced nurse can be quite comfortable. When I fell from heights and shattered my hip, I couldn't pee so they put one in in the ER and it was in for a few days.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and Constantlydamp
I agree with the responses. Since your procedure is on your penis, you don’t want it sitting in a urine soaked diaper. You really have to keep it dry and open.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Pantyman and 3 others
I enjoy a catheter in a diaper allot. But I agree with surgery I would want that in a pee soaked diaper.

Reactions: MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
Pantyman said:
I enjoy a catheter in a diaper allot. But I agree with surgery I would want that in a pee soaked diaper.
You meant wouldn't, I assume.

@diaperlover12341340 I have also used a catheter in a diaper, but I wouldn't dream of doing it with a surgical wound in my urethra which could get infected from it. As much as you'll hate the bag, and you will, it's the least bad option. The whole thing should be at worst annoying if you're careful, and may prove to not be that big a deal after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
You meant wouldn't, I assume.

@diaperlover12341340 I have also used a catheter in a diaper, but I wouldn't dream of doing it with a surgical wound in my urethra which could get infected from it. As much as you'll hate the bag, and you will, it's the least bad option. The whole thing should be at worst annoying if you're careful, and may prove to not be that big a deal after all.
Yes, wouldn't

Reactions: MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back