First time meeting someone in the scene?

Diapersdownunder

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What was your first time like meeting someone in the scene? Did they get into it as well? Were they turned off?

Welcome, @Diapersdownunder. :)

Diapersdownunder said:
What was your first time like meeting someone in the scene? Did they get into it as well? Were they turned off?
My first time meeting another ABDL was a one-on-one lunch date with another ADISC member. That was about 10 years ago. He and I were in the same profession as well (though not working for the same company), so we had more to talk about than diapers and little stuff. All in all, it was a nice and friendly experience. He and I didn't exactly "hit it off," but we continued corresponding on ADISC for a while.

I've done several other one-on-one lunch/dinner dates and gone to many more munches. There's always some initial awkwardness, meeting other people on the basis of this quirky "hobby," but I've always ended up having fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diapersdownunder, chamberpot and Angelapinks
I have had the privilege of meeting some people in my area and in all cases, we both enjoyed making the connection.

Reactions: Diapersdownunder and Angelapinks
I wish! I’d love to meet someone in real life and have a real conversation. It’s been so taboo and I felt so alone for so long it would be nice but I think I’d chicken out being catfished or something.

Reactions: RachelOlivia, Diapersdownunder and chamberpot
I found a fellow diaper lover in the Craigslist classifieds maybe 15 years ago. He introduced me to bambino diapers. Until then, I only thought storebrands existed like Depends. Life changing.

Reactions: Diapersdownunder and Angelapinks
I have met a few ,, wish there were more venues to interact. This can be a lonely part of some people's lives

Reactions: Diapersdownunder
The first time I met somebody into the same hobby as me was at work back in the 90's. I was bending over to pick up my clip board and he was near enough to see the waistband of my plastic pants. He waited until nobody was around and asked me why I was wearing. I had known him for a year or two and just told him they were plastic covered flannel pants for a urinary problem but I loved wearing them. He said he thought he would love wearing them also and tried to make some of his own but could not sew very well. I told him I had one or two pairs of Salk plastic lined pants that were a smaller size than I wore and if he wanted to I would meet him and he could have them. He invited me to his house while his wife was out and he loved the pants I gave him. He then asked if I wanted to see the ones he made and when I said yes he dropped his jeans and was wearing blue plastic pants lined with cotton flannel from his daughters old PJ's. As he did not sew he had used a stapler to fasten the flannel and seams together to form some tight fitting pants that he often wore to work. After that we would often talk and show if we were wearing but sometime later he said his wife caught him and threatened a Divorce if he didn't stop. After that I went to work for a new company and did not see him again.

I had a brief encounter with a classmate in college. She was always flirting with me so I figured I'd give it a shot. She ended up being very open about her DDLG kink and love for pull ups. She was open about a lot of other things (non-kink related) that ended up being a real turn off.

We messed around once. It wasn't very good for me. lol. I was really shy and awkward at the time, and we were VERY different people. I enjoyed it for what it was, but she ended up not being a very good person... She made it pretty clear that she viewed my empathy for others as a weakness. The post sex talk was atrocious and cringe. What should have been a dream come true was the worst encounter I've ever had. :ROFLMAO:

One of my besties likes to regress a little, and is definitely into DDLG, but has made no mention of diapers. We like to chill with our stuffies. I've shown her my paci, but I haven't mustered up the courage to mention ABDL to her... Soon...

Reactions: Etienne, Angelapinks and Diapersdownunder
I've only ever met one person who's in this community back when I was 18 and he tarnished my experience with meeting others.

Recently, sadly started chatting to someone who's relatively close to where I'm staying at the moment and it just went sour when I said no to meeting up. (although I didn't say NO in so many letters, just sort of laughed it off and changed the subject), I feel bad because he seemed like a cool guy but what can you do?

The person who tarnished my experience meeting others was actually done later on for certain offences, had a letter show up at the door from his solicitor asking for a statement from me.

It's not something I like to dig up but there ya go, my experience meeting others.

I had a pretty bad experience with my one and only meet with other ABDLs.

I went with a group of 4 abdl people I met on fetlife to a local 420 convention and one of them turned out to be an exobitionist, drawing as much attention to us as possible, wearing the thickest diaper I’ve ever seen, comically thick. We were literally turning heads as we walked by, someone on a microphone even gave “the guy in the diaper” a shootout as we passed by. We walked off to one side of the convention zone, exobitionist dude assumed a toddler pooping position and I was like “nope, I’m out, cya”.

Last edited:
My first time meeting a fellow abdl was while I was in highschool. I met a guy who lived in a neighboring city on here. We met up in a public place and afterward went back to my place and played video games in diapers. It was all downhill from there. He leaked big time on my couch so I had to figure out a way to clean it before my mom got home. He texted me afterwards about how he didn't throw out the diapers, but instead smelled them and told me my pee smelled sweet. After a few more disturbing messages I blocked him. If I was a less persistent person I would never have met another guy off the internet again...

However thankfully I am persistent, when I moved to a new town I found a great local community and have had lots of positive experiences meeting abdls. I even help organize events and conventions now.

LePew said:
I had a pretty bad experience with my one and only meet with other ABDLs.

I went with a group of 4 abdl people I met on fetlife to a local 420 convention and one of them turned out to be an exobitionist, drawing as much attention to us as possible, wearing the thickest diaper I’ve ever seen, comically thick. We were literally turning heads as we walked by, someone on a microphone even gave “the guy in the diaper” a shootout as we passed by. We walked off to one side of the convention zone, exobitionist dude assumed a toddler pooping position and I was like “nope, I’m out, cya”.
What diaper was it to be that thick?

EssexnappyMan said:
What diaper was it to be that thick?
Honestly, if looked like he had two diapers on. Like his buff bubbled out so much, I can’t possibly imagine a single disposable diaper doing that, even with a booster. Maybe it was cloth? But I’m not familiar enough with cloth diapers to say.

I've met two people, both times were fairly short, talked a little. I gave diapers to one. Both positive experiences. I'm very risk averse, so I would only meet if I thought things would go minimally well.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I'd like to say I'm getting better at it, almost as if practice counts for something!

My first experience - risk aware as I am - involved travelling for a week to another country. The first couple of days were pretty nice but it kind of petered out. Ultimately I think we probably just wanted different things but because it didn't go perfectly I used it as reason to be down on myself.

Live and learn. I've had a few more false starts but I'm certainly more positive about meeting than before, so that's progress!

Reactions: Angelapinks
A lot of this depends what individuals are looking for. I’d love to meet people principally to be able to chat about our kink as well as other stuff. If friendships developed, then that would be a bonus.
I’d like to experience going to a munch for ABs, DLs etc., but nothing happens in my part of the country, and I wouldn’t know quite where to start to set up a munch.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Brumas94 and chamberpot
My first time was a coffee and a wander along a riverbank in a small town and enormous nervousness. Neither of us were nappied. Neither of us had met anyone previously. We had lengthy chats online and had eventually swapped face pictures. We got on quite well and our conversations about where it all came from were enlightening. We could also talk about other things outside kink. We never met to wear or have a 'playdate' as whilst we shared the same fundamental fetish interests what we sought from it and how our minds saw us involved in it were different. That was at least a decade ago. We are still in touch.
A number of 'meets' have been me twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone who didn't turn up and getting very cross about it. However, as all life is a learning experience I now make sure I have other things to do and am far more sanguine about 'no-shows'. Fortunately I have not had a meet where I felt I needed to exit quickly.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Chrissie and TreeLad
Back