First time flagged by TSA.

SoggyGolfer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just went through TSA at the Denver airport. I have Pre check and moved through the line as normal. I had my knee replaced last year so I’m required to go to the stand up scanner instead of the metal scanner. As I’ve done literally 100’s of times I wear a Rearz all white diaper. Make sure it’s dry and no problem… until today. As I stepped out of the scanner I could see the machine flagged my groin. The officer informed me he had to do a pat down with the back of his hands. I lifted my shirt slightly and he saw a bit of the diaper waistband. He asked what it was and I said it’s an adult diaper. He called over another agent and he very politely explained the pat down procedure and did the pat down. He paused and felt the front where the tapes attach and was confused. He informed me because of the nature of the issue he asked if I was willing to go to the private screening room. I said yes. If I wanted to get on my flight there is no other choice. With the next level of supervisor we went into the private room. I was asked if I was willing to show them the diaper or he could do a more thorough pat down through my shorts. I decided to show them the diaper. I unbuckled my shorts and let them drop to my ankles. Both the officers looked at the diaper, then each other and decided I was good. All in all very professional. I pulled up my pants and walked to the bar where I’m typing this now.

• Wow
Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, DiaperedBedwetter1998, Regularnot and 9 others
Similar experience in AZ. Except I was wearing a PeekABU! Got to show off my dragon 🐉 to a couple TSA guys. I think they were more embarrassed than I was.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, DiaperedBedwetter1998, Jorelaxed and 5 others
Good on you for taking it in stride (bad knee and all 😉).

Reactions: Jorelaxed, SoggyGolfer and BobbiSueEllen
This is why I 100% only wear medical diapers while traveling

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diapertoddler, SoggyGolfer and 4 others
Eh. It’s just like any underwear. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and SoggyGolfer
jamiejamie said:
Eh. It’s just like any underwear. Better safe than sorry.
I have to say, I agree. I am wearing some bulk around my groin. It’s kind of good they were able to detect it. Could be anything🤷‍♂️… maybe all this security is working?

Reactions: TigerDL, Jorelaxed, Joeysms and 2 others
I had something similar happen to me recently, except I didn’t need to drop my pants behind the private screening. He lifted my shirt, saw my diaper and asked me about it. It didn't bother me too much and I’m actually glad they are being this careful.

There are lots of threads on here about going through airport security diapered.

Reactions: SoggyGolfer
I had it happen to me on my flight back from New York. I had a dry diaper on but did a lot of walking on my way to the airport, and it was pretty warm and humid out.

Reactions: thunbolt and SoggyGolfer
My odd proportions result in pat-downs basically every time now, and I’ve never even worn a diaper through a checkpoint. I have a feeling that if I ever did wear a diaper, I’d get the private room treatment for sure! (In fairness, I’ve always been dealt with professionally.)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have been patted down but never had to show my diaper.

Reactions: SoggyGolfer and anton
TrueHero said:
Similar experience in AZ. Except I was wearing a PeekABU! Got to show off my dragon 🐉 to a couple TSA guys. I think they were more embarrassed than I was.
that seems to be a general reaction people getting embarrassed for you (LOL).

I've had this happen a few times. Once I wore super thick diapers through security in Albuquerque and got the private room treatment. In Denver, even with pre-check, I got randomly selected for additional screening after going through the metal detector. Usually the random thing is to go through the nude-o-scope or a check of your hands or electronic devices for trace explosives, but this day it was a pat-down, and the security dude felt my diaper. Into a private room I went with TSA people. I was made to drop my pants, exposing my Rearz Lil Monsters diaper I was wearing that day. The poked and eroded it, wiped it for explosives and sent me on my way. Another time was in Puerto Rico with the older model back-scatter machines, which detected my triple layer diapers. My outer layer was an ABU Super Dry Kids diaper. These Puerto Rican people were pretty gruff and suspicious but after feeling my diaper up, they eventually sent me on my way too. I fly pretty much every week so it is definitely a numbers game, lol.

Reactions: SoggyGolfer
Back