• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

First post. Looking for support to help cope with IC

PadPhilosopher said:
It's too soon to know whether the experience you just had means you won't be able to use the toilet in the future, and one event is not a pattern. It definitely means that you have healing to do before you try again, and I think it's emotional rather than physical in this instance. It is very possible, even probable based on what you're telling me, that right now, having your intimate area uncovered for any reason causes a feeling of vulnerability to the point of causing tension sufficient to stop normal urination. This is not at all surprising, under your circumstances. I'm just very glad that you are able to void freely while wearing a diaper, because that will help your pelvic health, and if you couldn't void at all, it would be an emergency. You may be correct on the slight urge being just the feeling of actually starting to void; monitor your bladder with that thought in mind, but don't try to make it do anything right now. Just try to determine what it actually IS doing.

Wearing a diaper clearly gives you a feeling of safety that allows you to void as needed while you heal, and unlike drugs, has no side effects. Embrace the help that they are to you as your body and emotions heal, and when the cruelty that you've experienced as a result of needing to use diapers is brought back to mind, remind yourself that those who love you, including He Who loves you most, are glad that you're taking care of yourself.
Stayed hydrated the rest of the day. Diaper was soaked by 5pm which was a good sign right? No warnings today. I say that because I only checked when I got the reminder on my phone

• Love
Reactions: moorey, Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I'm so glad you're still doing self care. Keep it up! If you're thinking of throwing away the underwear, that will definitely reduce temptation! Just make sure it's gone gone in a swift irreversible action.

I'm not sure that the shirt and diaper only is a good idea in this case; I think it will only serve to rub your nose in something that feels uncomfortable, and I think that may make things harder. Plus, there's always the chance of a startle from an unexpected visit. I think it would be better to just dress as you always have except for the diaper, and allow the continuation of normalcy to normalize the perception of the diaper.

It's too early to know your odds on your bladder. You have healing to do, and observations to make, before any guesses on that will be even educated guesses. It is within the realm of possibility that your bladder will not regain proper function, and your need for diapers will never leave. If that's the case, it has nothing to do with your current self care, and everything to do with the neurological damage you've already sustained from your injuries. It is unlikely, though possible, that you may experience issues with fecal continence at some point, as some of the muscles and nerves are connected, but many people experience lifelong urinary incontinence and never have any fecal issues. The fact that your bladder issues are due to an injury as opposed to a degenerative condition, and your bowels have not been affected over the last three years, suggests that your bowel function will likely never be affected.
That makes total sense with the bowel part. That makes me feel better. Haven’t tossed the underwear yet. But I’m also too exhausted to care at the moment. This evening I seem to be more comfortable in them which is a nice change

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Stayed hydrated the rest of the day. Diaper was soaked by 5pm which was a good sign right? No warnings today. I say that because I only checked when I got the reminder on my phone
Way to go on hydration. But what do you mean by no warnings? Your bladder never told you anything, the diaper just got wet without you noticing?

Reactions: Diaperman95 and PTSDSurvivor413
PadPhilosopher said:
I took a moment to stop and intercede for you and a few other hurting women who I've been upholding in prayer, as they are also presently experiencing times of immense difficulty. I lamented to God that I wished I had His power to alleviate suffering, but then acknowledged that I don't have the Wisdom to apply it, as He does, and I'd probably overapply it and interfere with things He needed to accomplish through the difficulties. I then said, "You don't pull the cocoon off the butterfly." I was immediately struck by the meaning of what I'd just said; God knows what He's doing by allowing the sufferings in our life, and will make of us a more beautiful and usable person than we otherwise could have been. If we knew the end from the beginning, as He does, and what He was going to accomplish through our suffering, we'd see the Wisdom that allowed it, and agree that it was for the better.

I'm asking God to uphold you in this time of struggle. He has a Plan, and a Purpose to make beauty from our ashes, and holds our hand the whole way through the fiery trials. Rest in His Love.
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much! So in total the things I’ve gathered today:
-get rid of the undies
-hydration and sleep are most important
-under no reason should I not be diapered except for bowl movements
-definitely have bladder control issues when hydrated
-my diaper changes are getting easier :)

• Love
PadPhilosopher said:
Way to go on hydration. But what do you mean by no warnings? Your bladder never told you anything, the diaper just got wet without you noticing?
So I have little feeling down there. So the pee has to hit certain areas for me to know I’m getting wet. It wasn’t until I was already going did I notice it happening. Lot of the vaginal and pelvic floor pain calmed down too

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
So I have little feeling down there. So the pee has to hit certain areas for me to know I’m getting wet. It wasn’t until I was already going did I notice it happening. Lot of the vaginal and pelvic floor pain calmed down too
I'm glad, but not at all surprised, that the pain is subsiding. I'm not glad that you are peeing with no internal sensation of it, but that too is not surprising, due to the known nerve damage.

For now, let's call reduced pain and better hydration and sleep, meaning better overall health, a big win, and see where the rest goes with time. I'm glad that I was able to make you feel better about your bowel control. I think it will remain unaffected by this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413 and Diaperman95
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much! So in total the things I’ve gathered today:
-get rid of the undies
-hydration and sleep are most important
-under no reason should I not be diapered except for bowl movements
-definitely have bladder control issues when hydrated
-my diaper changes are getting easier :)
I celebrate the last one. 🙂

I'm glad that the prayer time anecdote was what you needed. It felt like something meant to be shared with you.

Hydrate and sleep, and let God do alllllll the worrying. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413 and Diaperman95
PadPhilosopher said:
I celebrate the last one. 🙂

I'm glad that the prayer time anecdote was what you needed. It felt like something meant to be shared with you.

Hydrate and sleep, and let God do alllllll the worrying. 🙂
I think there may be internal sensation but it’s super faint. Like if I’m busy doing stuff or focusing on something I’m not really noticing it. Does that make sense?

I will get some sleep. Just changed into a fresh one for the night :) and hopefully I’ll go right back into a new one in the morning

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I think there may be internal sensation but it’s super faint. Like if I’m busy doing stuff or focusing on something I’m not really noticing it. Does that make sense?

I will get some sleep. Just changed into a fresh one for the night :) and hopefully I’ll go right back into a new one in the morning
Yes, that does make sense, and if that's correct, it is hopeful that in time, those signals will become more distinct and useful, and you'll regain some useful bladder control. No guarantees, but it's a good sign, if it's true. Keep doing self care and healing.

Sleep tight, don't let the critics bite, and I'll catch you in the morning! Rest and heal in the meantime.

Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413
@Diaperman95
Sorry you have dealt with this so long! Your attitude towards everything is something I’m going to strive for! I’ll look into the other brand you mentioned! I hope you have a great night! I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the utis when changing brands. I’m prone to them. But I wonder if they will calm down since I’m hydrating and not clinching and holding it

Last edited:
PadPhilosopher said:
Yes, that does make sense, and if that's correct, it is hopeful that in time, those signals will become more distinct and useful, and you'll regain some useful bladder control. No guarantees, but it's a good sign, if it's true. Keep doing self care and healing.

Sleep tight, don't let the critics bite, and I'll catch you in the morning! Rest and heal in the meantime.
Thank you. You too!!! I plan on shutting the lights off in a few. Getting one more glass of water down

• Love
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
@Diaperman95
Sorry you have dealt with this so long! Your attitude towards everything is something I’m going to strive for! I’ll look into the other brand you mentioned! I hope you have a great night! I’ll definitely keep an eye out for the utis when changing brands. I’m prone to them. But I wonder if they will calm down since I’m hydrating and not clinching and holding it
Yes, the UTIs will calm down with better hydration and flow. You'll flush the potentially infectious material out of your system better.

• Love
Reactions: moorey and PTSDSurvivor413
Good morning everyone!

Slept through the night. Diaper soaked in the morning. I mention this because it’s a sign I’m staying hydrated!

Got down a glass of water before I got to have some coffee.

Abena L4 on to start. This is my first trial I’m trying. Tranquility should be here by Monday. I’m not getting the secure feeling yet. But if I’m not wet by noon, I might have to wear the Tykables till my muscles get more rest. But we shall see!

Mya God bless you and keep. May His light shine upon you in all His glory. In His name, amen. Have a blessed day! Next change I’ll check in 👍

Reactions: Diaperman95, moorey and PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Good morning everyone!

Slept through the night. Diaper soaked in the morning. I mention this because it’s a sign I’m staying hydrated!

Got down a glass of water before I got to have some coffee.

Abena L4 on to start. This is my first trial I’m trying. Tranquility should be here by Monday. I’m not getting the secure feeling yet. But if I’m not wet by noon, I might have to wear the Tykables till my muscles get more rest. But we shall see!

Mya God bless you and keep. May His light shine upon you in all His glory. In His name, amen. Have a blessed day! Next change I’ll check in 👍
It sounds like you're doing it right. Keep up the great work!

It's interesting that you aren't getting the secure feeling from the Abena. I used those, back in the day, and they were good. But, they aren't as thick and "present" as I expect the Tykables is. I'm assuming you're testing the new product at home, so you can have a greater feeling of safety while you do. It is entirely possible that the lack of the secure feeling is due to the unproven diaper; you know the Tykables work.

The God of all peace keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Just did a diaper check after my meeting. The wetness indicator changed and I didn’t feel a leak! But I can tell my body is still tense if that makes sense. Maybe as I wear them more it will get better

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Just did a diaper check after my meeting. The wetness indicator changed and I didn’t feel a leak! But I can tell my body is still tense if that makes sense. Maybe as I wear them more it will get better
I'm hopeful. This is a good sign. You're tense, but not so tense you can't void. Hopefully also not so tense that it hurts. I think as you learn that they're dependable, and develop trust for them, that tension will ease. If you begin to have pain elevation again, switch back to Tykables at least for one change to get some relief from the pain, then try the Abena again.

PadPhilosopher said:
I'm hopeful. This is a good sign. You're tense, but not so tense you can't void. Hopefully also not so tense that it hurts. I think as you learn that they're dependable, and develop trust for them, that tension will ease. If you begin to have pain elevation again, switch back to Tykables at least for one change to get some relief from the pain, then try the Abena again.
My nightmare came true. Diaper leaked and I had a wet bottom on my khakis while at a customers home. Mortified and I’m still recovering. This happened around noon. Left and changed my clothes then went back to the customers home and finished the inspection 🤦🏼‍♀️

Got home a bit ago. Went to grab an underwear because I was 100% over it…..but I had them in the trash already. So I was forced to put a diaper on. In a lot of pain right now but I’m sure it will calm down

• Sad
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
My nightmare came true. Diaper leaked and I had a wet bottom on my khakis while at a customers home. Mortified and I’m still recovering. This happened around noon. Left and changed my clothes then went back to the customers home and finished the inspection 🤦🏼‍♀️

Got home a bit ago. Went to grab an underwear because I was 100% over it…..but I had them in the trash already. So I was forced to put a diaper on. In a lot of pain right now but I’m sure it will calm down
I'm very sorry to hear this. This is why I suggested always testing new products in the privacy of your own home. Only wear things in public that you've proven to yourself work well for you. I'm glad this wasn't any more of a setback than it might have been, due to good planning on your part. Always stick with things you know work for you when you're in a public place. I hope the customer was gracious. I had heard that Abena wasn't as good as they used to be......your experience suggests this is true.

The pain will subside. You'll learn what products work for you and how to use them to meet your needs. If that means that right now you only wear Tykables in public, while you experiment at home and learn what and how else you can use, do that. Your emotional health is your number one priority, with healing your pelvic pain a close second.

Last edited:
PadPhilosopher said:
I'm very sorry to hear this. This is why I suggested always testing new products in the privacy of your own home. Only wear things in public that you've proven to yourself work well for you. I'm glad this wasn't any more of a setback than it might have been, due to good planning on your part. Always stick with things you know work for you when you're in a public place. I hope the customer was gracious. I had heard that Abena wasn't as good as they used to be......your experience suggests this is true.

The pain will subside. You'll learn what products work for you and how to use them to meet your needs. If that means that right now you only wear Tykables in public, while you experiment at home and learn what and how else you can use, do that. Your emotional health is your number one priority, with healing your pelvic pain a close second.
This afternoon/evening has been rough. Not just with the accident but I’ve been just very uncomfortable. I got home at 4 and put a tranquility on. I’ve had 20oz of water and I just checked and I’m still dry. I usually shower/nighttime diaper and onesie between 9-10. So if I’m not wet by then, I’m assuming I’m clinching. I’ll update you then!

Just been stretching and trying to relax

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
This afternoon/evening has been rough. Not just with the accident but I’ve been just very uncomfortable. I got home at 4 and put a tranquility on. I’ve had 20oz of water and I just checked and I’m still dry. I usually shower/nighttime diaper and onesie between 9-10. So if I’m not wet by then, I’m assuming I’m clinching. I’ll update you then!

Just been stretching and trying to relax
It sounds like your subconscious mind is giving these new, unproven products a vote of no confidence by holding your urine as long as possible by clenching things. It can't tell how full you are, so at some point you just overflow anyway, but it sounds like it's trying to retain until you get to a product you trust. I'm guessing you'll probably void some into the Tranquility, given the time and hydration involved, but then put on a Tykables for the night, and almost immediately have a pelvic relaxation and wet it. And that's perfectly OK. Tykables hold a ridiculous amount, so just keep it on and go to bed.

You may need to just stick with things you know work for you for a few days, and then try other things over the weekend, or whenever you have some extended alone time. Please, do not wear unproven products outside of your home. You just don't need the anxiety.

Back